Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

That’s cheating 

Thats the point im making. We'll have an issue no matter what the shape.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Beat the rush and chuck 6 figures at Dunfermline for Lewis McCann, in my fantasy world.

Heard rumours we were interested in him back in the playoff season. Would be typical if we said no then went back and ended up paying more. 

Just now, mizfit said:

Heard rumours we were interested in him back in the playoff season. Would be typical if we said no then went back and ended up paying more. 

I doubt we could afford him already, tbh.

The more I watch him, the more I’m coming around to Ballantyne being the new Gary MacDonald. He literally doesn’t add anything to the team unfortunately if he plays as he did today and has a really unfortunate habit of tackling his man and never actually winning the ball. He needs to add presence and drive, but I’m not sure he’s got the build for it, Alex Ferguson is 4 years younger and already stronger. 

Dare and McLelland were solid on their debuts, especially given they’ve had no game time and thrown in at the deep end. You can see Dare hasn’t played senior football and needs talked through the game constantly right now, but he’s got the raw attributes potentially. The fact Forrest made an immediate drive to target him in the first 2 minutes and he swatted him aside easily shows he’s quick enough. McLelland didn’t look like a guy who’d played 20 senior games either and was really vocal which was great to see. Think he might help get Gordon back to acceptable standards. 

We didn’t deserve anything from the game today, but on another day we don’t concede the silly goals and take one of the half chances we created. So there’s definitely been a reaction and there are positives to take. Fundamentally we were beaten by a better team who has a much stronger bench to bail them out of trouble when needed. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Alex Ferguson is 4 years younger and already stronger. 

I'll die on this hill this season I reckon, but I'd be starting him ahead of both Ballantyne and Max in the middle already when we play 3 in there.

Suspect Smith joining means hes about to be loaned out though, which is fair enough.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Did we not sign a third McCann brother around then?

Edited to add:

we did not. he’s a rugby player! 😂😂🤣

Edited by gingermunkie

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Beat the rush and chuck 6 figures at Dunfermline for Lewis McCann, in my fantasy world.

Couple of January’s ago we had serious interest in him.  Thought he was Pars’ best player against us last month. 

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

Couple of January’s ago we had serious interest in him.  Thought he was Pars’ best player against us last month. 

Hes always had potential but seemed to struggle to get it working, but seems to have seriously developed over the past season.

Reminds me of Mays development where he just explodes over a Summer and suddenly you're looking at a total stud up front.

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Scotland 7's international brother?

Aye Ross is the eldest of the 4 and played Rugby over football, think he made the Olympics 7s team a few years ago. Probably just as well, he wasn’t very good compared to the younger siblings. 😂

47 minutes ago, Widge said:

The more I watch him, the more I’m coming around to Ballantyne being the new Gary MacDonald. He literally doesn’t add anything to the team unfortunately if he plays as he did today and has a really unfortunate habit of tackling his man and never actually winning the ball.

This is where I’m at with him. He’s not dreadful, but he’s not a great ball winner, doesn’t run with the ball, doesn’t seem to create himself time to play a pass and keep us in possession like McCann or Millar.  I’m just not sure what he offers.

Fills a jersey and is disciplined enough positionally, I suppose if he’s to be back-up from the bench then fair enough, probably not an expensive squad option.