Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I’d also be offering Considine and McGowan 1 year extensions if they continue performing at their current level, unless vastly better options become available.

I think you keep at least one, even if you do find a better option tbh.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

don’t be surprised if Philips doesn’t renew. Can see him away. 

Im not so sure, tbh. I could see him signing a 2yr deal with the idea hes a regular starter throughout and we dont stand in his way if a reasonable offer comes in. Hes still young but already knows what English football is like for hoarding players, he might enjoy another 40-50 games under his belt before having another go.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im not so sure, tbh. I could see him signing a 2yr deal with the idea hes a regular starter throughout and we dont stand in his way if a reasonable offer comes in. Hes still young but already knows what English football is like for hoarding players, he might enjoy another 40-50 games under his belt before having another go.

You know, this isn't that outlandish. I guess we'll have a better idea if he doesn't get a PCA in January

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd go for McGowan as he's a wee bit younger and more of a leader on the park.

Dave Richards back to Crewe as Ross Sinclair is returning from injury would free up some funds. Sinclair was warming up the keepers at Fir Park last week so can’t be to far away. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im fearful of Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen offering him a pre-contract

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What’s Ali Crawford up to these days? Is he injured? What a contract we gave him, truly moronic stuff. 

The perplexing thing related to this for me is that he came off the bench and scored 2 of the most important goals of last season then we never saw him again

16 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Im fearful of Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen offering him a pre-contract

They should, but i think theres a decent chance snobiness will mean his poor/sketchy passing will mean they pass over him.

23 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What’s Ali Crawford up to these days? Is he injured? What a contract we gave him, truly moronic stuff. 

It was a terrible contract. Especially as he's not been great on loan. 

Davidson really is a clown. 

The last we'd heard was an injury (foot?).

Just now, The Saintee said:

It was a terrible contract. Especially as he's not been great on loan. 

Davidson really is a clown. 

The last we'd heard was an injury (foot?).

Think Davidson's recruitment policy can really be summed up by Crawford's contract and the Macpherson signing saga (and I'm not even as much of a hater of Macpherson as most)

Jepchott the obvious outward one.

Cooke loan cut short, if not by us by Newcastle as he hasn't featured enough. 

Crawford out on loan to see out his contract. Issue will be if he's not training then no one will want someone weeks and weeks away from fitness. 

Booth like Crawford, he won't walk away early but a loan so he can go play somewhere. Chance for him to impress and earn a deal for next year elsewhere, probably part time. 

Ballantyne, disappeared but a loan to get him playing again? Can't see him being overly keen on a perm move to part time move in Jan. 

The issue here really is moving folk on... Can't see many clubs biting are hands off for any of these players. 

In terms of fitness, what was wrong with MacPherson now? He certainly wasn't training last week 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

20 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Jepchott the obvious outward one.

Cooke loan cut short, if not by us by Newcastle as he hasn't featured enough. 

Crawford out on loan to see out his contract. Issue will be if he's not training then no one will want someone weeks and weeks away from fitness. 

Booth like Crawford, he won't walk away early but a loan so he can go play somewhere. Chance for him to impress and earn a deal for next year elsewhere, probably part time. 

Ballantyne, disappeared but a loan to get him playing again? Can't see him being overly keen on a perm move to part time move in Jan. 

The issue here really is moving folk on... Can't see many clubs biting are hands off for any of these players. 

In terms of fitness, what was wrong with MacPherson now? He certainly wasn't training last week 🤦‍♂️

We've not actually heard if Crawfraud is injured still. Last I recall was a foot injury.

Thigh for MacPherson?