Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

500k’s a bit much for those 3. 

Guess that's fair if we use the same calculator that saw Dundee sell Glen Kamara for £50k, tbh.

This is a bit of a weird transfer window for a lot of teams, feels like the power of selling players to clubs in England is moving back to the Scottish clubs, especially with Brexit and the need for work permits, all of our better players (and those at other clubs) suddenly become a much more attractive option for teams down south. In the long run, I think all teams in Scotland need to be aware of this and having an extra year on a deal will potentially pay dividends even more so than it used to. 

You look at the likes of Nisbet, Ferguson, McCann, Erathon, Kerr, McCart all being wanted by teams down south, whereas in years gone by you'd maybe have 1 or 2 transfers like that at most. Just seems to me that English clubs have shortened the net and are maybe panicking a little more. Plus not really understanding we wont accept peanuts for our best players when they've gone years of spending millions on foreign talent.

Callum Davidson throwing some hefty shade at Hibs and Rotherham this morning, also putting to rest some worries we'd be selling players for ~£200k.

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Didn't we offer Drey Wright a contract on vastly reduced terms?

No chance as a Rooney replacement, but I would have him back in a heartbeat

We offered him a deal in line with his output (1 league assist in 2 seasons) which he rejected. I was always a big fan of Wright for the way he played and his application, he was good to watch. However I said at the start of the season I wasn’t sad to see him go because of the lack of numbers. Compare that to an aging Craig Conway who came in and provided triple the goals and assists easily he ever made and you can see how a lesser player can be more effective. Even comparing him to Rooney and McNamara’s output last season and between them they totally eclipsed what Wright ever would at wingback. 

Plus he looks like he’s put on the beef and is that yard slower than he used to be. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

We offered him a deal in line with his output (1 league assist in 2 seasons) which he rejected. I was always a big fan of Wright for the way he played and his application, he was good to watch. However I said at the start of the season I wasn’t sad to see him go because of the lack of numbers. Compare that to an aging Craig Conway who came in and provided triple the goals and assists easily he ever made and you can see how a lesser player can be more effective. Even comparing him to Rooney and McNamara’s output last season and between them they totally eclipsed what Wright ever would at wingback. 

Plus he looks like he’s put on the beef and is that yard slower than he used to be. 

I guess it would depend on his attitude, I don't blame him for moving to Hibs at all if the money was better, plus I don't think from memory that he did a Rowan Vine and said anything bad?

Let's face it, we've had so much success over the years with taking players back and getting them going again. If he's wiling to work hard then he's an exciting player to watch, he can cover either wing, CM or either Wing-back slot in an emergency and he should have a point to prove.

13 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

@RandomGuy. you any idea what Drey Wright's xA was for us?

18/19 - 0.12 per90, or 1.55 in total

19/20 - 0.15 or 2.55

For a comparison Conway last season was 0.19 or 3.63, and Wotherspoon was 0.21 or 6.02.