Copa America 2019 (previously the CA 2016 Thread)

Cerberus

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Costa Rica were much better than this at the World Cup. Paraguay have been brutal for years now, but tbf they do have a history of being moderately successful with it - Copa America a few years back they got to the final without winning a game in 90 minutes.

Is it just me or was this not on last year too? Sure I got premier sports for Aberdeens euro qualifying and watched a Chile v Argentina final too...?

This games been shite. This the 1st one?

It was on last year, yeah. This is a special centenary edition which includes the CONCACAF teams instead of the usual CONMEBOL + 2 guests system.

Colombia beat the States in the opener last night.

It was on last year, yeah. This is a special centenary edition which includes the CONCACAF teams instead of the usual CONMEBOL + 2 guests system.

Colombia beat the States in the opener last night.

Cheers. So is there another one next year too...?

Cheers. So is there another one next year too...?

Nah, they decided to do away with their stupid 'every 2 or 3 years' system, and since 2007 they now play every 4 years. The next one will be in 2019.

Is the Copa America not usually on ever other year? Because it was always on odd years when there was no World cup or Euro's on IIRC. 

Used to be every 2, then every 3 for a while, now every 4.

Horrific so far. There are some dreadful teams in this.

Basically 1 goal has been the highlight of the last 3 games.

4 games, 3 goals, 2 nil nil draws. More importantly the quality of play has been awful imho. Hopefully the Euros won't be this bad.

Has there been any "South American flair" yet?  And by that, I mean the sort of scenes that we got at the last tournament where people were popping digits up Cavani.  This tournament always good for some absolutely wonderful ill-discipline.

I doubt I've wasted a tenner more than the one I've spent for Premier Sports this month. Two soul destroying Scotland games and a thoroughly pish Copa America so far. I should try and get into Ice Hockey or stock car racing so I can enjoy some of their other output.

I doubt I've wasted a tenner more than the one I've spent for Premier Sports this month. Two soul destroying Scotland games and a thoroughly pish Copa America so far. I should try and get into Ice Hockey or stock car racing so I can enjoy some of their other output.

Keep with the Copa. Last years was really good from what I remember the Chile v Argentina final was superb.

Saw the second half of the Mexico - Uruguay game, pretty entertaining stuff in the end, perhaps because no English language channels are covering it in Canada so had to watch on Univision with their over excited Spanish commentators.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread the USA might do well with their home crowd behind them but with Mexico's games in Arizona, California and Texas, they will surely benefit more from the crowd. Even if they are fond of throwing the odd bottle and homophobic chant around! 

Archived