The TV Coverage Thread

The only thing poor about the retro coverage they do are all the BANTZ you get from people on Twitter

"Think that McManaman will turn into quite the player"

"Hope we don't meet Germany!"

MY SIDES.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that Jacqui Oatley is now a presenter. She was awful at commentating but I think she'll probably be pretty good at presenting.

The ITV list of guests looks ridiculous, it's the most random, obscure list of players ever. I wonder how many rejections they got to get far enough down the list to invite Christian Karembeu.

Karembeu has 53 caps for France and played in England, he ticks all the boxes.

Given the lack of comments I'm guessing that everyone is looking forward to the commentary of Clive Tyldesley and tactical input of Andy Townsend?

Tyldsley is perfectly fine in games which have absolutely nothing to do with England. Unfortunately he manages to find every conceivable way to make sure every game has something to do with England.

It's a sad day when Jermaine Jenas running a snapchat account is classed as broadcasting

is Ashley Cole & DJ Masterstepz helping him out this time.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I bore the pants off everyone every time one of these threads is started but I loved when they offered a 'commentary off' option on the red button.

The commentary offers nothing but annoyance, absolute idiots misreading most incidents and telling you utter guff about players you're not interested in.

Watching games on TV minus the commentary was bliss - it was kinda like actually being at the game.

What experts have they got on? I remember watching games in Canada before and they had some auld Scottsh bloke I'd never heard of.

They had Kasey Keller - who is excellent - and Abby Wambach for the first game.

Archived