First game of next season

Relegation really hit you most when the new season fixtures come out. Going from Aberdeen first game of the season to now Queen of the South.

Wow

I'm just glad to see that cheating doesn't go unpunished.

It's no coincidence that Rangers, Hearts, Dunfermline and Utd have all found themselves in the lower leagues recently.

Years of financial cheating was bound to catch up 1 day.

Then you see well run smaller clubs doing well in the Premiership and even picking up trophies.

It's a good thing.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just glad to see that cheating doesn't go unpunished.

It's no coincidence that Rangers, Hearts, Dunfermline and Utd have all found themselves in the lower leagues recently.

Years of financial cheating was bound to catch up 1 day.

Then you see well run smaller clubs doing well in the Premiership and even picking up trophies.

It's a good thing.

hahahhah financial cheating when we have sold players for million, and haven't bought anyone over 500k?

Good one mate

United went down because their formula fucked up and they relied on it too heavily

The plan was to sell top quality products, replace them with a fraction of the transfer fee/another youth product, rinse and repeat. When there were not top quality youth products coming through and the players that had been brought in were shite, it all went to f**k.

The most evident example of this was trying to replace Nader Ciftci with Robbie fucking Muirhead.

The farse at the end of the January transfer window didn't help either, both players obviously wanted away the summer beforehand, they should have been sold then, or earlier in the month when replacements could be found. After having an entire summer with the money from selling GMS and Armstrong, they failed to even attempt to replace them.

Now, this either means Dundee United have been horrifically mismanaged and their transfer dealings have been farcical, or the money was not available to replace them, meaning that there was some serious debts behind the scenes.

Personally I think they tried to lean on their cash cow too much and it bit them in the arse, to be a "selling club" you need to have players to sell, United forgot about that part and were punished for it. 

United went down because their formula fucked up and they relied on it too heavily

The plan was to sell top quality products, replace them with a fraction of the transfer fee/another youth product, rinse and repeat. When there were not top quality youth products coming through and the players that had been brought in were shite, it all went to f**k.

The most evident example of this was trying to replace Nader Ciftci with Robbie fucking Muirhead.

The farse at the end of the January transfer window didn't help either, both players obviously wanted away the summer beforehand, they should have been sold then, or earlier in the month when replacements could be found. After having an entire summer with the money from selling GMS and Armstrong, they failed to even attempt to replace them.

Now, this either means Dundee United have been horrifically mismanaged and their transfer dealings have been farcical, or the money was not available to replace them, meaning that there was some serious debts behind the scenes.

Personally I think they tried to lean on their cash cow too much and it bit them in the arse, to be a "selling club" you need to have players to sell, United forgot about that part and were punished for it.

all correct, but we replaced gms and Armstrong with Muirhead. Then Bodul, for Ciftci and I don't even have to explain what happened there

all correct, but we replaced gms and Armstrong with Muirhead. Then Bodul, for Ciftci and I don't even have to explain what happened there

I think replacing gms and Armstrong with Muirhead is actually worse than not even replacing them tbh.

Bodul for Ciftci is equally laughable.

So let's see, that's around £3.5m in for those three and £150k out on replacements.

My question is what the f**k happened to the other £3.35m?

I think replacing gms and Armstrong with Muirhead is actually worse than not even replacing them tbh.

Bodul for Ciftci is equally laughable.

So let's see, that's around £3.5m in for those three and £150k out on replacements.

My question is what the f**k happened to the other £3.35m?

Steven Thompson's bank account...

Archived