DRUM COMPLETE CUP DOUBLE

catcoach

STAND-IN captain and Man of the Match Dylan Austin led Drumchapel Amateurs to a cup double

against Calderbraes ( Uddingston) at Broadwood Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The pair had recently served up a brilliant Knock-Out Cup final at the same venue, which was

decided on penalties ( 4-2 in favour of Drumchapel) after a 2-2 draw.

With another period of extra-time looming, Mitchell McIntyre popped up with the winning goal

goal two minutes from time in their 2-1 success in the James Bennett Memorial Cup.

Drumchapel manager John Austin said:  "Calderbraes are a smashing team, and our two

league games this season have finished in draws, so this was always going to be a tense

affair.

"We had four players missing - including our captain - due to various reasons, but the rest of

the squad really stepped up to the plate. Dylan Austin is our vice-captain normally, but

he took responsibilty and led the team to victory.

"Dylan has improved beyond recognition since joining the Shot Stoppers Goalkeeping

Coaching Academy. In all honesty, I wish we had got him there early. Dylan had previously

attended another local goalkeeping academy, but I felt he had to be pushed much further

in his own development, and the group coaches have done that - and much more!

"He has kept us in the final with his saves, and I have to say probably the top-corner

effort he produced has swayed the Man of the Match vote in his favour."

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/shotstoppersgoalkeeping

PICTURE:  Stand-in Drumchapel Amateurs captain and Man of the Match Dylan Austin

lifts aloft the James Bennett Memorial Cup against Calderbraes at Broadwood.

post-61622-0-10197000-1465750055_thumb.j

Archived