When are they changing the West premier league name?

Disagree totally. Plenty of teams far more attractive that I would like to see us play on a regular basis more than some Ayrshire teams.

Plenty???

Pollok

Arthurlie

Bankies

Peasies

Rabs

The rest hardly bring anything to the table in terms of away support

Plenty???

Pollok

Arthurlie

Bankies

Peasies

Rabs

The rest hardly bring anything to the table in terms of away support

From an away support point of view there is equally only a handful of Ayrshire teams who 'bring anything to the table'

Talbot

Kilbirnie

Beith (not too bad)

its not if 

Troon

Meadow

Hurlford

Cumnock

etc

travel in their hundreds

As for central needing Ayrshire more than the other way around...

I would say at the start of the league (first 3/4/5 seasons) the Central teams - Pollok, Arthurlie, Neilston set the standard for the Ayrshire teams to follow. At that point only Kilwinning mounted any serious challenge.

Talbot grew into the league to now dominate it, Beith and Meadow had a season or two at the top - however while it may be top heavy for Ayrshire at the minute just like it has been in the past for central, but if the league remains in Ayrshire for a few seasons, IMO its only one town its going to. So its not Ayrshire dominance - its Talbot.

I do love how Kilbirnie and with 0, thats ZERO, league titles to their name, are the ones slagging off what central teams bring to the table. 

From an away support point of view there is equally only a handful of Ayrshire teams who 'bring anything to the table'

Talbot

Kilbirnie

Beith (not too bad)

its not if

Troon

Meadow

Hurlford

Cumnock

etc

travel in their hundreds

As for central needing Ayrshire more than the other way around...

I would say at the start of the league (first 3/4/5 seasons) the Central teams - Pollok, Arthurlie, Neilston set the standard for the Ayrshire teams to follow. At that point only Kilwinning mounted any serious challenge.

Talbot grew into the league to now dominate it, Beith and Meadow had a season or two at the top - however while it may be top heavy for Ayrshire at the minute just like it has been in the past for central, but if the league remains in Ayrshire for a few seasons, IMO its only one town its going to. So its not Ayrshire dominance - its Talbot.

I do love how Kilbirnie and with 0, thats ZERO, league titles to their name, are the ones slagging off what central teams bring to the table.

I don't see the boys saying this as a slagging they simple are of opinion they didn't wanna leave Ayrshire set up, personally think there only a few that's brought anything from the central but would be poorer without they few

Disagree totally. Plenty of teams far more attractive that I would like to see us play on a regular basis more than some Ayrshire teams.

Central could join with East and Ayrshire alone would still be as strong.

Nothing stopping Talbot moving to the East if you want ' more attractive ' teams to play.

Central could join with East and Ayrshire alone would still be as strong.

Nothing stopping Talbot moving to the East if you want ' more attractive ' teams to play.

Silly reply there mate, thought you would give some decent feedback.

Anyway I'll stick by what I said

Silly reply there mate, thought you would give some decent feedback.

Anyway I'll stick by what I said

What was silly 1st part or 2nd part?

The only way there ever will be an East/West league is if you create an elite league with every club having floodlights, plenty travel cash etc. What you really want though is not the East clubs but the old lothian league clubs Lithgae , Bonnyrigg etc along with the Polloks... an elite league. The same thing the Sjfa proposed. Its the only way it would work... there is not enough interest for fans travelling from Ayrshire to Dundee to play North End in a league game, too much money paid out not enough to be made.

Personally I love the amalgamation between ayrshire and central , yes I love my trips to beechwood ï¸however I enjoy my trips to newlandsfield equally .

Same as I enjoy my trips to ladeside ( when we win) I equally enjoy my trips to ( gods country ) that's barrhead and Dunterlie ;):)

Amalgamation was great for me , yes ayrshire is strong and holds the upper hand but I like being in the mix with the Central boys .

What was silly 1st part or 2nd part?

The only way there ever will be an East/West league is if you create an elite league with every club having floodlights, plenty travel cash etc. What you really want though is not the East clubs but the old lothian league clubs Lithgae , Bonnyrigg etc along with the Polloks... an elite league. The same thing the Sjfa proposed. Its the only way it would work... there is not enough interest for fans travelling from Ayrshire to Dundee to play North End in a league game, too much money paid out not enough to be made.

That's better and I agree with most of what you say.

Here is a thought,

Ideal opportunity to gather all these sugar daddy type businessmen who plough money into just one club with the belief of sorry term glory instead put it into the changes to the juniors.

Lastly 2nd part obviously 😆

Personally I love the amalgamation between ayrshire and central , yes I love my trips to beechwood ï¸however I enjoy my trips to newlandsfield equally .

Same as I enjoy my trips to ladeside ( when we win) I equally enjoy my trips to ( gods country ) that's barrhead and Dunterlie ;):)

Amalgamation was great for me , yes ayrshire is strong and holds the upper hand but I like being in the mix with the Central boys .

Yip Pollok and Arthrlie again as an example not Vale of Clyde or Lanark. Similar to Bonnyrigg or Linlithgow rather than Jeanfield or Violet. Its the Central/ Glasgow clubs rather than the Lanarkshire clubs.Junior fitba has always been about Ayrshire/Glasgow/Lothian apart from a couple of Fife now and again.

Archived