One Party State?

Mortar Bored

Willie, your arguments are very persuasive, as in I would be persuaded to leave a garden if a foaming mouthed Rottweiler didn't want me there, type of way.

The fact is, we lost 2014, if you are ignorant enough to ignore that, that's up to you, but to bury your head in the sand and not give a f**k about how England votes is very naive.

You are correct, we can't change it, but we can certainly try to influence it.

I got a FB message early on Friday from a Liverpudlian friend, begging the SNP to field a candidate in his constituency. A straw poll of his mates was - SNP - 12, Labour 6, cons-0, UKIP-1, Libs-0.

A lot of people are disgusted by the way the UK is run, not just Scots.

The fact is, we lost 2014 - and that is written in stone, is it?

You are correct, we can't change it, but we can certainly try to influence it. - Why?

All my life I've wanted an independent Scotland.

Why should I be interested in what happens politically in England when you acknowledge that none of us can change it.

I ken that my vote in a UK sense is meaningless and that is why I'm no concerned with what happens in England.

Unless Scots vote for Tory or Labour then our votes are irrelevant.

if you are ignorant enough to ignore that - that's nasty and uncalled for.

The EU referendum was a UK wide vote, not a Scottish vote

Again, Scotland came to a democratic decision in 2014 to remain part of the U.K. meaning on Thursday the ballot paper asked "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union"

Nowhere on the ballot paper did it say anything about Scotland remaining/leaving/independence. Nout, zilch, zero, hee haw

Scotland came to a democratic decision in 2014 to remain part of the U.K.

Scotland came to a democratic decision in 2016 to remain part of the EU.

What's your point.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact is, we lost 2014 - and that is written in stone, is it?

You are correct, we can't change it, but we can certainly try to influence it. - Why?

All my life I've wanted an independent Scotland.

Why should I be interested in what happens politically in England when you acknowledge that none of us can change it.

I ken that my vote in a UK sense is meaningless and that is why I'm no concerned with what happens in England.

Unless Scots vote for Tory or Labour then our votes are irrelevant.

if you are ignorant enough to ignore that - that's nasty and uncalled for.

Scotland came to a democratic decision in 2014 to remain part of the U.K.

Scotland came to a democratic decision in 2016 to remain part of the EU.

What's your point.

What was the question on your ballot paper?

Silly little Winkie.

Don't you realise there is f**k all any individual can do about any election other than cast his/her individual vote and hope enough other voters are similarly minded. That's the same anywhere so I really don't know what you are all angry about. In an independent Scotland you could still as easily end up with election results that don't sit well with you so you are getting angry for no good reason.

What a load of shite and I dinnae usually swear.

and hope enough other voters are similarly minded.

I voted SNP in the last GE.

Scotland ended up with 56 out of 59 MP's.

That is a majority in any language.

Yet Scotland's wishes (through her MP's) are ignored in Westminster.

In an independent Scotland you could still as easily end up with election results that don't sit well with you

Of course it could but at least the buck stops at Edinburgh and no Westminster.

And in Scotland my vote would mean something.

I've nae idea cos as I explained in another thread - I abstained cos I knew the English voters would make the decision to stay or go.

I was proved right.

Well let me tell you it said should the UK remain or leave and nothing about Scotland remaining or leaving the EU because guess what? Scotland voted to remain part of the UK

Please read this over and over until you get this fact through your skull.

Please stay away from any sharp object tonight

The EU referendum was a UK wide vote, not a Scottish vote

Again, Scotland came to a democratic decision in 2014 to remain part of the U.K. meaning on Thursday the ballot paper asked "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union"

Nowhere on the ballot paper did it say anything about Scotland remaining/leaving/independence. Nout, zilch, zero, hee haw

Admins, any chance we can get this post pinned to the top of the forum please. The Lego munchers are having real difficulty understanding basic voting rules and regulations

Well let me tell you it said should the UK remain or leave and nothing about Scotland remaining or leaving the EU because guess what? Scotland voted to remain part of the UK

Please read this over and over until you get this fact through your skull.

Please stay away from any sharp object tonight

Just because you're a BritNat doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with your mindset.

I am a Scottish Nationalist who has forever voted for independence.

Why should I agree with your logic.

I cannae disagree with the result last Thursday but I certainly disagree with the assumption that English voters should decide Scotland's future.

What's your take on this UK Union.

Do you willingly accept that every major decision affecting Scotland is taken by a majority of English MP's?

Just because you're a BritNat doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with your mindset.

I am a Scottish Nationalist who has forever voted for independence.

Why should I agree with your logic.

I cannae disagree with the result last Thursday but I certainly disagree with the assumption that English voters should decide Scotland's future.

What's your take on this UK Union.

Do you willingly accept that every major decision affecting Scotland is taken by a majority of English MP's?

I'm certainly not a Brit nat

Why have you highlighted the first bit of my op? It's pure and basic fact

You say you disagree with the assumption that English voters should decide Scotland's future, again Scotland voted 55-45 in 2014 for this to happen. This is how democracy works. If you don't like it then fukk off to North Korea

I've nae idea cos as I explained in another thread - I abstained cos I knew the English voters would make the decision to stay or go.

I was proved right.

We should teach our kids that at school.

Your vote won't really count so don't bother.

The fact that the SNP don't even have a majority at Holyrood under a system that isn't even fully-propositional suggests we don't live in a one-party state.

However, they will continue to dominate until independence is achieved, simply because they're the most likely vehicle to reach that destination.

I'm certainly not a Brit nat

Yes you are. 100%

Whatever way you look at it last Thursdays vote was a huge material change in the UK's future path. Any reasonable person can recognise that.

To put the continued existence of the UK state first and attempt to deny people in Scotland the chance to again vote on their future again after Thursday is doing so for Nationalist reasons.

Like many of the same ilk, you just refuse to recognise the nationalist in you, because you do not think British nationalism exists.

Well as Thursday shows; it does; and when stoked up its a horrible xenophobic type.

Yes you are. 100%

Whatever way you look at it last Thursdays vote was a huge material change in the UK's future path. Any reasonable person can recognise that.

To put the continued existence of the UK state first and attempt to deny people in Scotland the chance to again vote on their future again after Thursday is doing so for Nationalist reasons.

Like many of the same ilk, you just refuse to recognise the nationalist in you, because you do not think British nationalism exists.

Well as Thursday shows; it does; and when stoked up its a horrible xenophobic type.

If you say so, considering I voted YES in 2014

As I've said in another thread I voted YES in 2014 but as it stands just now I'm neutral until I hear what will be brought to the table and what lies will be told by both sides. Until we hear how the EU exiting negotiations i will continue to remain neutral

If you say so, considering I voted YES in 2014

As I've said in another thread I voted YES in 2014 but as it stands just now I'm neutral until I hear what will be brought to the table and what lies will be told by both sides. Until we hear how the EU exiting negotiations i will continue to remain neutral

Yeh. Glad to hear you are neutral.

Archived