Drumchapel Ams Colts

Drum Ams Colts

Drumchapel Amateur Colts are looking to add some quality players to the squad for the coming season.

Pre season training is Tue/Thur/Sat

We are looking for ambitious players that want to help this club win the SAFL Premier League and compete in the latter stages of the major cup competitions.

We started out under the Drumchapel Amateurs umbrella 3 years ago, competing in the SAFL.  We have since went on to win the 3 Divisions on our way up to the Premier league. This will be our first year competing in the Premier and our ambitions are not just to go in and make up the numbers.

We share the great facilities up at Glenhead park (the hibby) in Duntocher. We have our own ground with under shelter terracing and a Club house where you can take in all the past history of this great club. We also use the 4G Astro grass park down at Scotstoun Leisure Centre, which IMO is one of the best Astro parks around.

Training gear will be provided at each training night and we also have the usual club tracksuits, Bags and the likes. Only thing you need to bring is your boots/trainers/towel and yourself. As a wee added bonus we have a sauna in the home changing room for after they gruelling training sessions.

If you can see yourself being part of this club, then please get in touch….

I don't see with the right additions, why we cant go into the later stages of the majors. I'm bot saying we're going to win them, but when you consider the SAFL getting stronger and stronger with teams in our premier beating the so called "big leagues" teams, then I would say that's where we want to be and pushing for it. We've done everything that's been asked of us so far and now looking forward to the challenge of probably the most competitive league in ams football next year, in the sense that anyone can win it. Not like the central or Caley, where it's bound to be a 1 horse race again.

I also don't see how we are living off the good name of Drum Ams?? maybe you could explain that one. If anything we have added something new to the club and the fact we're bringing trophys through the door every year says it all really.

Sauna....Ok more like a hot cupboard, but anything to sell the club eh???? haha

Archived