Bogey Teams

The Rangers certainly were, but they were for most I think.

We always seem to struggle against QOS no matter what sort of shape their side is in, can't recall a good result at Palmerston of late.

Last season we struggled against almost everyone in at least one of our meetings. Apart from Hibs. :lol: We'll take 12 points off that mob this year. We seemed to have a decent record against them last year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

The Rangers certainly were, but they were for most I think.

We always seem to struggle against QOS no matter what sort of shape their side is in, can't recall a good result at Palmerston of late.

Last season we struggled against almost everyone in at least one of our meetings. Apart from Hibs. :lol: We'll take 12 points off that mob this year. We seemed to have a decent record against them last year.

Not a bogey team if they're just miles better than you tbh.

If you always lost to Alloa that would be a bogey team.

Morton used to have the upper hand over St. Mirren, by a fair bit.

That all changed in the mid 70s when the League set up changed from two meeting per season to four. Since then it's all swung in favour of the Buddies who have now beaten us 14 more times than we've beaten them.

Since the move to four (or three, during the 14 team league set up) games per season we've won the derby 14 times whilst St. Mirren have 43 wins.

I'd say they were our bogey side. Which is a bit of a pisser.

Just had a look at our results - other than the OF (RIP) we have a really rank record against Motherwell and the two Highland clubs. The only top flight side we actually have the better of is Hamilton (and that gap is closing).

Outwith the top flight (other than St. Mirren) Dunfermline, Falkirk and (to a lesser extent) Ayr have bettered us. Falkirk in particular are a side we seem to have trouble against.

Archived