Cowdenbeath v Elgin City

Just now, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Not panic just so bad no effort don't mind getting beat by a better team or at least good effort put in 

I do remember Danny Lennon s first game humped ,4-0 by Annan at home 

Danny's 1st game v Annan was 1-4, we scored 1st!

Today wasn't the best but it wasn't much of a game all round. For some reason we're always slow starters and as I mentioned above we haven't won on the opening day for 10 years.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost by a single goal on day 1 of the season in a game that wasn't allowed to flow by a whistle happy referee. After they scored they sat in and then playing conditions worsened. Youngsters Lewis Moore and Brian Ross came on and were creative but our luck wasn't in today and Torodov was penalised every time he was near the ball. It's too early to be critical and we need to get behind the squad and the management team.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Danny's 1st game v Annan was 1-4, we scored 1st!

Today wasn't the best but it wasn't much of a game all round. For some reason we're always slow starters and as I mentioned above we haven't won on the opening day for 10 years.

Sorry forgot we scored that turned out a good season I agree but today was so soul destroying after some good pre season  efforts 

7 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Sorry forgot we scored that turned out a good season I agree but today was so soul destroying after some good pre season  efforts 

Aye it was disappointing hopefully we can bounce back next week v Forfar.

I think lets stay calm. Yes horrible today but a new team with a new manager in a new league & as Cowdenbeath says haven't one day 1 in a season for 10 years. Pre season games are just that so cant take too much from them. I am looking forward to Renton being free off suspension & there is still time for players to come in also future loans etc if required assuming  budget permits, I think Liam has been cautious in that regard.

Keep the faith and get behind the team.

Really poor game today! Didn't think their was much in it to be fair but I was expecting more from Cowden.

early days yet tho and plenty of room for improvement for both teams. I think Mcgurn will prove to be the best keeper in the league but he might have to be with some of the defenders in that team. Well done Elgin, I expect them to be mid table - near the playoffs at the end of the season..long way to go for everyone 

Chatting with Directors before the game encouraging to see some the thoughts & plans & vision for the future, these  guys continue to do an incredible job & we are lucky to have them in my opinion.

Nobody is happy with today's showing but please lets have some balance and judge progress after a reasonable time, I did not participate in the preseason euphoria as I thought that was flawed buy I also wont be heading to day 1 meltdown either. We need to be balanced  & together this season.

Chatting with Directors before the game encouraging to see some the thoughts & plans & vision for the future, these  guys continue to do an incredible job & we are lucky to have them in my opinion.

Nobody is happy with today's showing but please lets have some balance and judge progress after a reasonable time, I did not participate in the preseason euphoria as I thought that was flawed buy I also wont be heading to day 1 meltdown either. We need to be balanced  & together this season.

Mcgurn mom for me
1st half save kept us level
One in second half were Elgin guy hit bar with header - he might have even hit a very slight touch on that

After last season's disaster was looking for improvement which shouldn't been to hard Eligin not that good we were terrible , I know its first game but after the shite of the last two seasons was expecting better today not worse, will be back for the rest of the season of course hopefully we WILL GET BETTER the board do sterling stuff no argument in that but was expecting better today , I would draw a line under todays performance and start with renewed hope against Forfar which shall be a tough game ,just like to see some team effort and pride

Problem is that was as bad as anything last season. They looked utterly devoid of any ideas today. Brutal stuff.

Only reason it wasn't a horsing is Elgin didn't look up to much. Any team playing half decently would have battered us today.

3 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

Problem is that was as bad as anything last season. They looked utterly devoid of any ideas today. Brutal stuff.

Only reason it wasn't a horsing is Elgin didn't look up to much. Any team playing half decently would have battered us today.

It is almost a whole new team and management team CC it will take time for things to gel.

14 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

I fully understand and if  that is how we show should it happen as a relegation play off at the end of the season I would be doing my nut & then some. However we are not so lets give the manager & time to show what the can do. We have been here before & triumphed.

3 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:
11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It is almost a whole new team and management team CC it will take time for things to gel.

The players will take more time to build up an understanding for sure. We looked like a group of individuals on the pitch today and there was no understanding or chemistry between the players. We looked extremely inexperienced, lacked a sense of direction and had less penetration than a dwarf at a fat club orgy.

It is however the first game of the campaign so I'm not reading too much into it. It was however garbage to watch and I got completely soaked. Hopefully things will improve. 

Why does it take time for us to gel but not the teams that are humping us?

We said the same last season and went down. Same the season before.

Big improvements needed from the shite on display today.

14 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

No other side in the division have had as much changes as us in the close season, the Elgin side which "humped" us 1-0 was mostly the same side who played together last season with just a few changes.

I would say we have a better squad than last season, the season before was always going to be hard given the quality of the sides in the Championship although I agree we did make an arse of it and could have stayed up.

We lost by a single goal on day 1 of the season in a game that wasn't allowed to flow by a whistle happy referee. After they scored they sat in and then playing conditions worsened. Youngsters Lewis Moore and Brian Ross came on and were creative but our luck wasn't in today and Torodov was penalised every time he was near the ball. It's too early to be critical and we need to get behind the squad and the management team.

Name one thing Todorov did today which would lead you to believe he is a professional footballer.

8 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Name one thing Todorov did today which would lead you to believe he is a professional footballer.

He was good at Arbroath but didn't do much today, but then again it was a bad day all round, bit hard slating the boy for one game.

He pretty much had two marking him at times and defenders falling in front of him. I agree he never did much today but saw him at Arbroath so I'm optimistic if he plays up front with Renton.

Archived