Mark Ritchie Memorial Cup

cotter

Myself  and David  Grieg  has organised  a game between  ants n roch for the sad departing  of Mark Ritchie  who was a captain  at both clubs.he was a brilliant  guy. A great  team mate. To who ever  played with Ritchie. So it's fitting that players who played with him for St Anthony's  will make up ants team.and players who played for St Roch.with him  Will  make up roch  teams..cotter  n davie  will be manager's. The game will take  place at Jimmy mcgrory stadium home of St rochs.  on 21 st August  with a 2ko.we hope  to see a great crowd up.Marks brothers Dominic  and  Matthew  n Owen  and his best friend Brian McCarron  will also play. His dad Tommy  n mother  Cathy. Have bought the cup which will be contested every year on a home away basis by St  Anthony's  and St  Roch....his widow Magdalena n young family  will also be in attendance. So hopefully  a good crowd turn up n it will be a donation  to make a wish foundation. Marks favourite  charity.......cheers Cotter  n davie...

I'm delighted this has been organised well done Davie/Cotter. A fitting gesture to a guy who wore his heart on his sleave on the football park.  A real winner and I'm delighted to have had the pleasure of playing with him at The Roch. I'll certainly be there with many others I'm sure.

Mark ritchie was a great team mate and player but an even better person! He was a hard,firm player who indeed wore his heart on his sleeve but inside the dressing room and outside football he was a big gentlemen! He is sadly missed and i considered him a good friend. He was a very popular man and it is a tragedy that he is no longer with us.

Well done the gaffer (davie) and cotter for organising this event as believe it is the least that should be done for a great servant to both clubs.

He leaves behind a great family and i hope people can attend in there numbers to show there support and love for the big yin! He ll certainly be looking down with a few bets on about how the game will go!

Gone but not forgotten big fella

Well done again st rochs n st ants

Dak

Just  like to say it was a great turnout  of former ants n roch players who played  with big Ritchie....was a brilliant  day .n also his family  seen how much the big man was respected..by both teams    the ants won 4  3 to win the cup....a big thanks  to all the players n spectators  who turned out  today was really  appreciated. N also to wee davie  for managing  the roch.....also big thanks to Andy camereon. N the roch committee  for the park.....well done to all.....cheers  from man of the match cotter......

Archived