Marymass Derby - 19/08/16

IrvineVicsMan

47 minutes ago, kanye87 said:

No law saying u need to pass the ball back although in the game it's an unwritten rule really. But none of us know what was said Greg has his version and the vics have there's unless u r standing right next to them then we don't know. The fact it was a big game and a derby may have added to it. Greg might seem like a p***k on the pitch but he's a great boy aff it

Rubbish. There is no difference being on or off the pitch. He is a p***k on the pitch because he is a p***k. Simple

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Rubbish. There is no difference being on or off the pitch. He is a p***k on the pitch because he is a p***k. Simple

I disagree with that, plenty of guys have totally different personas on the park to off it but the boy has put a target on his back now and people will be out to get him.

Id say his off the park personality is in question when he can't even be man enough to say he was in the wrong and apologise. Plenty of footballers make a tit of themselves in the heat of the moment but generally apologise if they are decent people.

Ex team mate in backing up his ex team mate shocker . :huh: 

Vermin .......ooops sorry vernon is a cheat full stop . It doesn't matter what he is off the park as he's a cheat on the park and he's not even tried to apologise  , the bigger and better man apologises when wrong and he's not done so therefore his name is mud in the junior world for what he done against the wee vics. 

5 minutes ago, kanye87 said:

Didn't know there was a rule not to back up a mate?? Again I wasn't sticking up for what he did I am just stating the type of person he is off the pitch. Nothing wrong with that and as has been said many a time on this thread it is my opinion emoji4.png

Didn't know there was a rule that said you had to blindly back up a mate. ? :) 

The guys a cheat mate just admit it , if he was my mate I would admit he's a cheating bugger :) 

I was (actually) at the game and I know Greg Vernon better than any of the posters on here and whether he cheated or not . and whether he gets stick for it or not, it will not bother him one bit as he is a wind-up merchant and thrives on this kind of stuff.

7 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

I was (actually) at the game and I know Greg Vernon better than any of the posters on here and whether he cheated or not . and whether he gets stick for it or not, it will not bother him one bit as he is a wind-up merchant and thrives on this kind of stuff.

We will see how much of a wind up merchant he is if he's lying on the ground some day with a serious injury or burst open leg and his opponents refuse to kick the ball out the park for him so he can get quickly attended to.

Dont want that to happen to the bloke of course but it may well happen as people don't forget. 

Just now, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

We will see how much of a wind up merchant he is if he's lying on the ground some day with a serious injury or burst open leg and his opponents refuse to kick the ball out the park for him so he can get quickly attended to.

Dont want that to happen to the bloke of course but it may well happen as people don't forget. 

What a comeback bertha, you're nothing if not predictable

2 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Being a cheat doesn't bother him.
What a stand up guy!

I wasn't standing up for the boy, merely pointing out that comments like yours won't bother him the same way that Robertson getting labelled a cheat every game last season didn't seem to keep him on his toes.

On 8/15/2016 at 12:53, MEADOWXI said:

Traditionally the split in support is the river,

The Vics are the harbourside area.

Meadow are the town side, but as the town has greatly expanded the differences in size of areas is incomparable.

Definite rivalry, helped by the fact there is the guaranteed annual game even when league fixtures aren't there, 

but it is not the 'bitter rivals' as stupidly put in the Daily Retard last week. Friendly rivalry.

With the benefit of hindsight this is a tremendous post.

The guy did what he did and must have known he was in the wrong. We all make mistakes, come out and hold your hands up, acknowledge it and move on.

Can't help but think the meadow manager has went about things entirely wrong here in blindly sticking up for his player . 

In future teams might not Risk kicking a ball out for an injured meadow player that's hurt outwith a headknock (which the ref stops anyway ) as they might not want to risk vernon or another meadow player doing the exact same thing again from any " drop ball situation " regardless of how it came about , who could blame opponents in not doing so and the meadow managers blind loyalty could prove detrimental to his players as they could be laid down on the pitch genuinely injured with opponents  correctly playing around them after last nights shameful act by vernon. 

Would have been better for vernon and his manager to have came out and apologised and that would have been more respectful, for a new manager Gareth turner has no respect from myself and loads of others after this. 

Excellent post, spot on in every point. Heard that the meadow chairman went into the Vics dressing room afterwards and apologised. At least one guy at meadow with class unlike his management and team.

Sounds like a lovely fella Neil, maybe one day you'll get to defend him for real.

Archived