Squad face Lithuania & Slovakia next month

What?!

Doesn't matter if he's going to get any better or not! He's already a fucking fantastic player and would vastly improve our strike force. He's one of Scotland's best technical players and he can't get in the squad. I'm not just shrugging it off and looking for excuses. I think it's a fucking disgrace he can't get in. Brilliant player.

Calm down lad.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Ross McCormack isn't a brilliant, fantastic player otherwise he would be playing at a higher level

Neil Warnock explained it brilliantly on Sportsound.

When he had him at Leeds Ross was the top scorer in the league and had one of the highest assists too but he ended up having to build the team/system/selection around Ross because he didn't have the pace to trouble defenders or the height to win headers.

I still think he should be in the squad but I don't think our fortunes would suddenly change. Strachan also has the same problem with Rhodes and Griffiths. 

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Neil Warnock explained it brilliantly on Sportsound.

When he had him at Leeds Ross was the top scorer in the league and had one of the highest assists too but he ended up having to build the team/system/selection around Ross because he didn't have the pace to trouble defenders or the height to win headers.

I still think he should be in the squad but I don't think our fortunes would suddenly change. Strachan also has the same problem with Rhodes and Griffiths. 

I listened to that interview also. While it was interesting, it is worth noting that despite being reasonably prolific either side of Warnock's stint as manager, McCormack only scored 7 goals in the 14 months he was in charge.

I also listened to that interview, and whilst thinking it wasnt entirely true and something that I disagreed with on the whole I still think it really would not make that much difference at all.

You'd think we'd left Messi or Kenny Miller in his prime out or something with all the fuss.

There's a fuss because the player being picked (martin) offers next to nothing. Griffiths Rhodes n mccormack can do everything Martin does with more mobility and a better touch. Even against Malta Martin was very ordinary. Yes he scored a tap in, but he missed out on another (albeit his comedy falling over did win a pen ). Other than that he contributed very little. Against better teams we should be picking our best players. It might not be a huge difference between all of our available forwards but picking the least gifted is an odd way to go about qualifying.

There's a fuss because the player being picked (martin) offers next to nothing. Griffiths Rhodes n mccormack can do everything Martin does with more mobility and a better touch. Even against Malta Martin was very ordinary. Yes he scored a tap in, but he missed out on another (albeit his comedy falling over did win a pen ). Other than that he contributed very little. Against better teams we should be picking our best players. It might not be a huge difference between all of our available forwards but picking the least gifted is an odd way to go about qualifying.

Sorry, but can't agree with you blaming Martin for not scoring prior to the penalty being awarded.

The first defender got a slight touch on the ball making it change its path...superman could not have adjusted his body in time to make contact after that deflection. And, besides, there is a good chance the second defender would have cleared the ball if it had not been slightly deflected. Martin's stumble was due to him attempting to adjust his body very quickly.

The fact we are now talking ourselves into thinking not calling up one of our better players is fine, shows we're fine with mediocrity.

Regardless of if he's Messi, Ronaldo or McCormack. He deserves to be in the squad on talent alone. He would also improve us...

Also those saying he hasn't done anything in a Scotland shirt clearly didn't regularly attend Scotland games when he was getting a good run of games at the beginning of his national team career. 

Concerning the Warnock interview, I wouldn't read too much into it. Warnock and McCormack didn't get along. Infact, most of the Leeds players and Warnock didn't get along and he likes to remind people of it.

The fact we are now talking ourselves into thinking not calling up one of our better players is fine, shows we're fine with mediocrity.

Regardless of if he's Messi, Ronaldo or McCormack. He deserves to be in the squad on talent alone. He would also improve us...

Also those saying he hasn't done anything in a Scotland shirt clearly didn't regularly attend Scotland games when he was getting a good run of games at the beginning of his national team career. 

Concerning the Warnock interview, I wouldn't read too much into it. Warnock and McCormack didn't get along. Infact, most of the Leeds players and Warnock didn't get along and he likes to remind people of it.

Been home and most away since 2006/7. Stand by it. I'd have him in the squad, but not a huge miss.

I think people need to give up with this McCormack chat.  It's clear Strachan doesn't trust him to carry out the job he requires of our lone striker and we're all in agreement that Burke, Ritchie and Snodgrass have the spots behind the striker all but sewn up. Move on, he won't play for Scotland for as long as Strachan is the manager and quite possibly never again. 

You can argue over whether or not this is a good idea from Strachan, but I'd rather another thread didn't descend into an amalgamation of teary eyed rants over a player who has scored 2 goals in 13 appearances for Scotland.

On 12/09/2016 at 15:49, 1320Lichtie said:

Meh McCormacks not really done f**k all either in his caps

Martins a different option and as bad as we make him out to be he's still made as good a career as any of our other forwards for himself at club level

Martin  will get games at Fulham for a few more weeks before he disappears into obscurity,  he is shite plain and simple,  Fletcher made him look a right Diddy with his 10 minute cameo at the end of the Malta game.

His goal was made from a worldy pass for a tap in.  The next 1 he got on a plate was worse than ewulmo miss as he actually got his heel to it, where as fatty fell over 

Martin  will get games at Fulham for a few more weeks before he disappears into obscurity,  he is shite plain and simple,  Fletcher made him look a right Diddy with his 10 minute cameo at the end of the Malta game.

His goal was made from a worldy pass for a tap in.  The next 1 he got on a plate was worse than ewulmo miss as he actually got his heel to it, where as fatty fell over 

He's played 242 games for Championship clubs and he's 27, I somehow doubt that he will disappear

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He's played 242 games for Championship clubs and he's 27, I somehow doubt that he will disappear

Let's see where he is playing next season I personally think he will drop down from the championship as he is that bad. Fulham  had a great start to the season in steps the  tractor puller they can't beat Burton at home

Archived