Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

The difference between us is I would like to see that across the world,not just Europe.

The EU is insular and discriminates against weaker economies in Asia, Africa the Caribbean etc by closing out their producers  and using it's economic power and wealth to protect it's own inefficient producers.

Sharing can be done outwith the EU, high standards can be maintained outwith the EU and workers rights are pretty meaningless for most workers with the free movement of cheap Labour, unless you work for the state in some capacity   and that you disingenuously choose not to accept that means you are , indeed, insular  and blinkered.

Whilst the insular UK discriminates against people not born in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Free movement on these isles is apparently fine, but not outside them.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Literally it means relating to an island. It's used figuratively for isolationism, which ultimately shares the same Latin root.

In the case of Britnats and Sinn Feiners it makes sense on both levels

It's etymologically related to peninsula (a bit of land that's nearly but not quite an island). So presumably Peninsularity must be a real word as well, for example for the refusal to set foot outside of Fife

15 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

I think it was set up to prevent fucking stupid wars in Europe. Fairly fucking successfully too.

And that's where it should have stopped.....instead it got ideas beyond it's initial remit and has been pretty fucking unsuccessful as a result.  

It's become a Franco-German wet dream and it's the UK getting spunked on!

14 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Whilst the insular UK discriminates against people not born in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Free movement on these isles is apparently fine, but not outside them.

'Born' in the UK .....that's not right. Any British citizen has the same right whether born here or not. Non -British citizens have different rights.

That's the same the world over.

Free movement is what happens within every nation state on the planet.......... I have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say......but I'm sure it will be ridiculous whatever it is !

48 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Wrong, I'd like to see to the whole world under an improved EU (like) system. Followed by a United Federation of planets, but 1 step at a time eh?

Your system ensures that when the rich win, the poor lose out, of course you are to blinkered and insular to see that. (Are you Palpatine?)

How are workers rights in say, China? Vietnam? Malawi? Honduras?

Looks like we would like the same outcome but disagree on the path to Utopia, no?

Well let's worry about the UK first. Let's get it right here before we start moralising to the rest of the world, eh?

Btw I would hate to have a world wide EU model.......being ruled from Tibuktu or somewhere daft like that......then again maybe that idea has merit.

6 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Well let's worry about the UK first. Let's get it right here before we start moralising to the rest of the world, eh?

Btw I would hate to have a world wide EU model.......being ruled from Tibuktu or somewhere daft like that......then again maybe that idea has merit.

Why? Serious question.

1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:

I ken that Rob.
It's the c**ts on here that take great delight when anything disparaging is written about the Scottish economy or NHS or Education etc.
These buggers dinnae acknowledge that the Scottish Government has tae govern with one hand tied behind it's back.
And it's only through independence that the hand will be untied.
Fine they (and you) ken it.

The pleasure is in seeing the sanctimonious, holier than thou p***ks that populate the SNP shown up for the lying, self-serving,  bunch of c*nts they are..

Just as SNP supporters take great delight at Labour's woes. So don't dish it out if you can't take it.

The SNP have tied their own hand behind their back by not co-operating with Westminster. 

Their remit  is to administer the devolved powers, not 'govern' Scotland. That 's the trouble with electing a party with a megalomaniac as a leader.

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

The pleasure is in seeing the sanctimonious, holier than thou p***ks that populate the SNP shown up for the lying, self-serving,  bunch of c*nts they are..

Just as SNP supporters take great delight at Labour's woes. So don't dish it out if you can't take it.

The SNP have tied their own hand behind their back by not co-operating with Westminster. 

Their remit  is to administer the devolved powers, not 'govern' Scotland. That 's the trouble with electing a party with a megalomaniac as a leader.

They'll still have a free hand then.

Language, again!

46 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

'Born' in the UK .....that's not right. Any British citizen has the same right whether born here or not. Non -British citizens have different rights.

That's the same the world over.

Free movement is what happens within every nation state on the planet.......... I have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say......but I'm sure it will be ridiculous whatever it is !

And so you're quite happy for a "union" to create open borders and allow freedom of movements, but only if they're UK citizens and the borders dissolved are on these islands. What a terrible, isolationist little discriminator you are.

I ken that Rob.
It's the c**ts on here that take great delight when anything disparaging is written about the Scottish economy or NHS or Education etc.
These buggers dinnae acknowledge that the Scottish Government has tae govern with one hand tied behind it's back.
And it's only through independence that the hand will be untied.
Fine they (and you) ken it.

As a Unionist they don't speak for me Willie, but of course accept what they do well in equal measure! No problem.

1 hour ago, DublinMagyar said:

I think it was set up to prevent fucking stupid wars in Europe. Fairly fucking successfully too.

My father who fought in the Royal Marine Commando during WW2 was very pro EU for this very reason.