WEIRS ( CALEDONIAN LEAGUE) A.F.C. MANAGER QUITS

catcoach

GARY HAMILTON, former assistant manager with the national squad, has left Weir A.F.C.

Their scheduled West of Scotland Cup tie also never went ahead yesterday.

Despite working hard to try and bring in new players during the summer, the team was

forced to pull out of a cup section fixture at Giffnock North on the opening day of the season

(August 13). The Caledonian League gave them a two-week break to try and improve

matters, and during that time there was progress with some new signings showing up

well against a couple of Under-21 teams. However, Gary, a former player at the club,

has sadly departed after devoting countless hours to the task in hand. I know from a

coaching point of view exactly how hard he worked to try and turn things around.

Weir A.F.C., founded in 1919, have a tremendous facilities set-up. I don't personally

know if they will continue to run with two teams - they also have a side in the Greater

Glasgow Premier League - but I would like to wish Gary the best of luck at his next

club. I am sure he won't be short of offers.

Cheers for the nice words, I've really tried to get the club going, I can walk away knowing I've given 110%. The president at the club Eddie Malloy has been a tower of strength and very supportive and I hope that he finds someone to take the club forward as he puts some amount of work into the club.

Think they were talking a merging with a few teams , which didn't come off ashvale being one who have now folded, merging with nia-roo didn't work out either 

I take  it with there games getting cancelled they are struggling player wise, and in danger of folding then.

Does  there 2nd team not have players that can make the numbers up ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived