Irn Bru Cup - Quarter Final

callum-ayr

Guest DAVIDB69
The Dundee United v Pars league game now 7.45pm on Tuesday 8th Nov. 

Brought forward might go that night as I hate the dead lead up to international games

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunfermline v Dundee United live on premier sports 1230 12th November

St Mirren v Ayr live on premier sports Sunday 13th 1230 kick off

Livingston v new saints Sunday 13th 405 kick off alba and s4c

Other one 3pm Saturday QOS v Alloa

How to kill crowds in 3 easy steps.

Well this is a shambles then. Livi will surely be binned from it but that leaves them with Crusaders v TNS, a draw which competition rules wouldnt have allowed if they had been in the original draw. Redraw the whole thing? Why should everyone else get changed about for Livi's screw up though? And how was this not spotted until now? The game was 7 days ago and team lines would have been returned to the SFA and League on Saturday. 

On 08/10/2016 at 16:12, DAVIDB69 said:

Any Irish and Welsh teams left will be kept apart in the quarters draw which is pretty farcical

What's your source for this?

It is in the rules to keep them apart until the 4th round (see rule 4.10 of this pdf) but there's no such statement about the QF draw (rule 4.11).

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__challengecupregulationsfinal_1470145006.pdf

The implication of course is that if you are right and they did also declare that same restriction would apply for the QF draw, then they can't have Crusaders v TNS and will have to redraw all four of the QFs...

7 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

What's your source for this?

It is in the rules to keep them apart until the 4th round (see rule 4.10 of this pdf) but there's no such statement about the QF draw (rule 4.11).

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__challengecupregulationsfinal_1470145006.pdf

The implication of course is that if you are right and they did also declare that same restriction would apply for the QF draw, then they can't have Crusaders v TNS and will have to redraw all four of the QFs...

Its like there is an echo in here. He is right. The Welsh and Irish sides were to be kept apart to the seni finals.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its like there is an echo in here. He is right. The Welsh and Irish sides were to be kept apart to the seni finals.

Sorry! Yours wasn't there when I started typing,

But if you're in agreement with him, I ask you the same Q : what's your source?

Not in the pdf rules and no mention of it in this pre-QF-draw SPFL publicity blurb : http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup-qf-draw-on-monday/

2 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Sorry! Yours wasn't there when I started typing,

But if you're in agreement with him, I ask you the same Q : what's your source?

Not in the pdf rules and no mention of it in this pre-QF-draw SPFL publicity blurb : http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup-qf-draw-on-monday/

The fact that I have seen the draw briefing and all the circulars to clubs on how it works. ;)

Very disappointing, embarrassing and frustrating, should have realised that it had been quiet down the Livi board room recently that something was gonna happen, forked out a fortune to head over for the club to make an arse of it like this. 

Still it was a good night, league is our bread and butter this season anyway but still disappointing. 

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The fact that I have seen the draw briefing and all the circulars to clubs on how it works. ;)

OK thanks for clarifying. You'd've thought they should've written their pdf rules to be the same as what they told the clubs !

And of course there would've been no mention of it in any of the pre-QF-draw publicity, since they then had only the one non-Scot left in the hat.

Well this is a shambles then. Livi will surely be binned from it but that leaves them with Crusaders v TNS, a draw which competition rules wouldnt have allowed if they had been in the original draw.

Could just remove crusaders and tns from the competition. Shouldn't be in it in the first place.

Archived