Fifa 2006

Ceske

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Smfc_R_Davidson_1877

:huh::blink::D:D

Got FIFA 06 on Sunday, what a load of sh*t. :angry:

Bored of drawing 0-0 then getting gubbed at penaltys.

709321[/snapback]

HOW ABOUT LEARNING TO SCORE??? ALWAYS A GOOD OPTION :lol::lol: BUT I S'POSE YOUR FALKIRK WHOS GONNAE SCORE 4 YE :huh::blink::D:D

Guest cfczoomcfc
Got FIFA 06 on Sunday, what a load of sh*t. :angry:

Bored of drawing 0-0 then getting gubbed at penaltys.

709321[/snapback]

you really must be shite

Fifa06 wipes the floor with it.

I can only speak for the PC version, however 10 reasons why Fifa does not wipe the floor with anything...

1) Fifa06 may of improved it's environment meaning you can now actually take a touch, it really is still miles behind even PES4 in terms of control. Again Fifa have taken the decision that you can only hit a ball as hard as you are moving. Not too sure how they work that out. To generate power you need to be able to push the ball forward then use it. This would be fine if there was a proper roll on touch, however the only way I have found to do this in Fifa involved a movement while holding the sprint button, this then causes your player to move in real terms of 10 yards or so. I don't need to do this in real life so why do these players need to and in n PES this is not necessary and yes, you need to have the ball moving before you can get real power on it you are not forced to. Granted you will not notice this if you only play with Man U, Chelsea or Barcellona but try with Boston Utd, Carlisle or (God forbid) Falkirk!

2) The AI is laughable, keepers epescially so. Ok, so keepers are notoriously bad in all football games, but the positioning and their reactions, even with the best ones are bad. I had a keeper stand just on the 6 yard box while I went to the bye-line and passed it past him into the goal! They even run out of the goal taking a goal kick facing backwards only to do a 180' turn at the last moment...

I will say one thing for Fifa here, with their AI the players do like to take off down the wing when you are in a suitable position. This happens all too infrequently though, and a far better effect can be acheived in PES.

3) The ball physics is suspect. I hit the ball and it landed on the net, instead of bouncing off and landing behind it stuck to the side of the net, as if the thing was sticky. Other "odd" physics happenings occurs when the ball rebounds off players.

4) The game and the pitch are not aligned. The computer was controlling and running up the line with a ball that as clearly out of play. And I mean ALL of the ball was over the line. Same could be said for a "goal line clearance" that I made when the ball was over the goal line and clearly in the goalmouth. This also effects the offside rule, which you don't tend to notice as it is awarded after the person touches the ball rather than at the time.

5) The tactics are very poor, you only have a selection of specific formations, unlike PES's ability to position a player anywhere you want within the field of play. Perhaps I want my left winger to push up further during attack when the team is on the opposite flank then defend with greater emphasis when my team lose possession. Easy in PES. Impossible (or at least not that I could find) in Fifa.

6) The stats are awkward to get to, in PES to see a complete list of a players stats you need to click a button twice. In Fifa I counted 6 clicks to get to some of the info. That is just not acceptable considering you will be doing this very frequently. The player stats are also only available in certain points, that is just bad game design.

7) While the idea of introducing some football manager type options is a nice touch, they are very shallow, with things like a multiple choice question, this is the sort of thing that can only go to annoy you if you play for any length of time. I haven't played it long enough to know this, but I have a feeling the "questions" will start to repeat themselves. IMO, you either implement this fully (or more so than EA have done) or not at all.

8) Why can you not train and develop your players? To not have this when PES has had it almost fromt he outset is madness and limits the game massively. All your players also seem to be effected by one thing fatigue. No, or at least none that I could see, effect seems to come from morale, home/away fixtures or being promoted/relegated to the full team/subs/reserves.

9) The graphics are still not good. The quality, even at the highest resolution and with all the options set to high are still miles off PES4, let alone 5. This is one of my biggest gripes as with the way the game plays can be subjective, but you can't say that average graphics are not average graphics. It also shows where the money for the licence came from. Rather than spending the time and money in creating a believable environment we get something that would look dated several years ago.

The PC can produce stunning graphics with the right engine, far ahead of any of the consoles so to not have improved on this is very dissapointing. Just look at the players faces in PES4 (now nearly 18 months old) compared to Fifa06.

10) The swap player control is very very suspect. I have seen it swap from one player to another further away (and in an attacking position when the team was not in possession) when another player was far better suited to take control. It is almost as if it's done by shirt number than actual position. Now granted there is a "swap man speed" option can be set and I will continue to tweak this until I can get something that might work better for me.

There you go. You might or might not agree with me on these 10, but some are stonewallers while some may be subjective and not applicable to you (for example if all you use it for is one on one with your friends rather than the full manager option). I could easily add another 10 though.

As I say this is for the PC version of Fifa06, and while I have only played a demo of PES5 even that showed more promise than Fifa, and certainly I would rate PES4 with the Wolf update pack installed higher than this new Fifa. The only thing going for the EA game is the official licence.

A waste of £30? Yes and No. I had to make sure Fifa was not the best game as I play a lot of PES. However it will be getting flogged as soon as PES5 arrives and I will go back to picking up pirate copies of Fifa for evaluation.

All in all? You pays your money and you takes your choice. If you think Fifa is the better game then I hope you enjoy playing it, but from my point of view, and with respect I've been playing footy games for "quite a while" now, PES is the natural suscessor of best football game on the PC. Granted Fifa have closed the gap, however to keep the footballing analogy, PES would be challenging for the title, Fifa would end up mid table.

Guest Gazza, Legend
Woo Hoo, Play have posted my copy of PES yesterday, might get it before Friday!!!

717532[/snapback]

Got the same e-mail when I got into work this morning mate ;)

the lass aint gonna be getting much attention this weekend :lol:

Guest mabosser
Got the same e-mail when I got into work this morning mate  ;)

the lass aint gonna be getting much attention this weekend  :lol:

717555[/snapback]

I am going to Prague for the weekend, will just have to wait till monday to get my grubby mits on it. :)

your nuts ;)  manager bit is great and you can move players about with analog stick IT ASKS YOU AT START OF GAME WHICH ONE YOU PREFER :lol:  and then even after that you can change it.

709245[/snapback]

I have always hated Fifa apart from a slight glitch when I enjoyed 99 and 2000

Archived