Partick v County - 22/10/16

The problem is that our next two fixtures are away to Dundee and St Johnstone; in November we've got Aberdeen and Rangers at Firhill, who we'll shit ourselves against; with an away trip to Motherwell sandwiched in between; then in December we play Celtic X2 with an away trip to Hearts. I mean obviously everyone has some tough fixtures in the league, and there's winnable games to come for us which I'm leaving out, but I have a real fear, personally, that we're going to end up cut adrift before new year since we're chucking points away in the softer fixtures and leaving ourselves having to make up the shortfall in the harder games, something I've very little faith in us managing.

Agreed. We've dropped a stack of points in a run of games versus so called like teams. I don't think County, Killie, ICT, Accies or even Motherwell are better but they will win a few home games and the problem will become apparent when we are potentially half a dozen points adrift come January. Of course Archie may get them motivated to win a few away games but it's going to be very difficult. Azeez can't hit a barn door with a spade and his inclusion means Doolan isn't getting time either. We need to finish off teams and put games to bed but as usual we are the fluffy team we so desperately don't want to be.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived