Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

• 2 weeks later...

f**k, just read back in this thread and realised randyjammy got banned.  Gutted.  I quite enjoyed the wee weirdo.  

Like a massive manchild, I think I'm getting a Switch for Christmas now.  Still got the Ps4, but short of a few quick half an hour shots on it after the baby's gone to bed, I don't really get the chance to sit down and really play it any more.  The Switch is going to be absolutely perfect for that with the portable nature, and I'm going to get right in about Skyrim again hopefully.  

What's the absolute must-haves currently on it?  Odyssey and Breath of the Wild?  Never played a single minute of any Zelda game, but heard good things about that.  

f**k, just read back in this thread and realised randyjammy got banned.  Gutted.  I quite enjoyed the wee weirdo.  
Like a massive manchild, I think I'm getting a Switch for Christmas now.  Still got the Ps4, but short of a few quick half an hour shots on it after the baby's gone to bed, I don't really get the chance to sit down and really play it any more.  The Switch is going to be absolutely perfect for that with the portable nature, and I'm going to get right in about Skyrim again hopefully.  
What's the absolute must-haves currently on it?  Odyssey and Breath of the Wild?  Never played a single minute of any Zelda game, but heard good things about that.  

Definitely breath of the wild. Odyssey is a fantastic game, technically, but I wasn't that bothered when I played it. If you like Mario games then it's a must have.

• 2 weeks later...

Santa unexpected got me one these. Will see how it goes. Got Zelda and 1, 2 switch with it. Probably download Mario kart later if the Nintendo  shop comes back online at all. 

Any other decent party type games worth getting? Don't see the point in getting any other single player games for a while as I think Zelda will eat up all my time. 

Bought NBA 2K18 and had to also buy a micro SD since the game is 22GB to download (even with cartridge) and save files are 6GB big.   Took 4 hours to download with the cartridge - an absolute farce. 

That’s the downside to the Switch and after this experience, I can’t see many more AAA titles traditionally reserved for PS4/Xbone making a version for the Switch in its current state. Nothing wrong with that of course as there will always be the Nintendo titles and it now looks like the place to be for indie games (console-wise anyway). 

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Overcooked.  Rocket League is good fun co-op and is a good price.

Zelda occupied me for a couple of months! 

I'll look into overcooked, cheers. Already got Rocket League on the ps4. Would kinda grudge paying for it on Switch when I got free originally.

No idea how often I'll get to play the thing in all honesty. My 2 year old keep stealing Zelda off me earlier and getting me killed by big piggy-hog things. Really should've waited and turned the thing on once the kids were in bed. 

Had a few days with mine, and really enjoying it.  May have played Skyrim to death before, but it's a new experience to have it looking and playing so good on a handheld.  Only negatives so far is the lack of any other apps (I'd like youtube/iplayer etc to be available) and the battery isn't brilliant undocked, but they're pretty minor.  Only got Skyrim and Mario Kart currently as the major games, picked up Rocket League and Sexy Brutale from the market place.  Next up is Mario Odyssey and Zelda.

I’m 10 hours into Skyrim now and starting to get into a rhythm with it.  I was sceptical at the start but I can see why it has had so much love over the years.

I would never have sat down at a PC or TV to play this, but the convenience of neither having to sit at a desk nor hog the TV for 100 hours makes a RPG so much more accessible to me.

I think the Switch is probably the best console I've owned.  It's probably purely down to current situation (an 8 month old meaning I'm getting a lot less time to play) but the convenience of being able to play it handheld, then just docking it and carrying on when I can is brilliant.  Also picked up Super Mario Odyssey, and it's wonderful.  Just concentrates on being fun, doesn't take itself too seriously, and just does what it does extremely well.  Will probably keep me away from Skyrim for a while, and could well keep me from Breath of the Wild for a longer time.