Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

I assume they put it there so it would nicely sit in the dock, but in handheld it is a pretty big design flaw.  Luckily I haven't had to play whilst it's plugged in yet, and have only been using it a few hours here and there, but on longer trips that's going to get annoying.

I just started BotW last night after leaving it a wee while.  Yet to get fully into it, but liking what I see so far.  Initially thought the pseudo cell-shading look they had going on lacked a bit of something, but it's grown on me, the game's absolutely gorgeous.  Nice simple sound too, rather than the swirling orchestral madness of Skyrim and the Witcher.

Been playing BoTW since I got the Switch at Christmas and it is amazing - seems to be absolutely massive and I have no idea if I am doing things in the right order, etc but don't think it matters. What sets it above games like HZD is that it is totally interactive, no small walls that you simply can't climb over, etc.

But, put on Odyssey for the first time last night and I don't think I have ever smiled so much in the hour I played - just incredible and BoTW is going to have to take a back seat for a while.

Love this system, not turned the PS4 on since I got it as my gaming time is limited due to work/kids. 

Been playing BoTW since I got the Switch at Christmas and it is amazing - seems to be absolutely massive and I have no idea if I am doing things in the right order, etc but don't think it matters. What sets it above games like HZD is that it is totally interactive, no small walls that you simply can't climb over, etc.
But, put on Odyssey for the first time last night and I don't think I have ever smiled so much in the hour I played - just incredible and BoTW is going to have to take a back seat for a while.
Love this system, not turned the PS4 on since I got it as my gaming time is limited due to work/kids. 
I was never a fan of Mario games and got bored of odyssey after half an hour. Mr X jnr loves Mario games and loved odyssey, so Im sure the problem is with me not the game.

To be playing that instead of BoTW, though, is wrong. Just wrong. Very, very wrong

Finally picked up a switch with Odyssey, Zelda and Binding of Isaac. I like it, it feels nice to hold, I love the customization aspect too. Kinda anxious to play Zelda after all the acclaim but yeah neat little gadget.

Zelda is my favourite single player game in years, maybe since The Last of Us, but Odyssey is fantastic too.

I was saying that earlier on. Can’t remember a game I’ve been so immersed in since then. This is comfortably the best game I’ve played in about 5 years. Everything from the aesthetics, to the control of everything is nigh on flawless.

Going to sink many more hours into this then throw myself head first in to Odyssey.

Safe to say this is the best £320 I’ve ever spent. [emoji23]

I'm about an hour into Zelda and have completed two shrines. It seems like everything in the world is designed to murder you - even a lump of rock turned out to be a laser murder monster!

I loved AC Origins recently, so another open world epic with some light RPG mechanics is right up my alley.

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I loved AC Origins recently, so another open world epic with some light RPG mechanics is right up my alley.

My tip is to switch to the Pro hud in the settings, I'm so glad I did that because it further highlighted the freedom that BOTW gives.

https://kotaku.com/if-you-re-playing-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-turn-off-t-1792734400

40 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

My tip is to switch to the Pro hud in the settings, I'm so glad I did that because it further highlighted the freedom that BOTW gives.

https://kotaku.com/if-you-re-playing-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-turn-off-t-1792734400

I had no idea that was an option.  Will give that a try tonight, see if it suits.  Would like it to be more toggleable so you could have some up rather than all or nothing, but now that I've learned the game a bit more I might get away with it.

Finished my second divine beast on BotW last night. Honestly can't remember many things as satisfying in a game as nailing that perfect dodge/flurry rush combination.

I've always been a fan of Zelda games, but this has taken the title and leathered it out the park. It's so far ahead of anything else.

Just destroyed a Blue Maned Lynel. Broke all my weapons and used all my food. Took me forever to kill the c**t and in the end was left with only normal arrows and a Korok Leaf. So satisfying.

This game is unbelievable.