Buckie Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin forward to this match its the biggest match  we've had in the Scottish cup for decades. There's plenty of pubs in the centre of Buckie the one we go to pre match is PITS ( pub in the square) the fitba club also has a bar which is busy on match days.Transport wise aye it's Nae easy to get to buckie the nearest train station is keith but you have a taxi to get from there 

13 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What's the parking situation like? I see on Google maps that there seem to be plenty side streets to park on? Will I be all right parking there without annoying residents?

Not a problem parking tho I doubt u will get near the park there are no car park charges anywhere in buckie either. See the pars have received 1000 tickets so hopefully u will take up a big crowd 

Any Buckie fans able to tell us if the game is in any doubt? I know the sea air will make it less likely to be completely frozen but will the pitch be OK? And will there be segregation? Which gate should I aim for when planning my parking? I had a look on the website but there want much info there (unless there's only one gate and it's assumed we all go in at the side of the stand?).

Pars don't really have much form when it comes to Scottish Cup shocks. We tend to pump wee teams and get pumped by big teams. 

Not confident of beating any team right now (except St Mirren, of course). 

Should be a messy adventure for some of our posters. 

Off up in the motor for this one. Could be a helluva trek back sober if it doesn't go well.

Looking forward to it though. Been many years since I've been up to the Buckie/Portknockie/Portsoy area to visit relatives, so will be nice to go back and visit a new ground.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Any Buckie fans able to tell us if the game is in any doubt? I know the sea air will make it less likely to be completely frozen but will the pitch be OK? And will there be segregation? Which gate should I aim for when planning my parking? I had a look on the website but there want much info there (unless there's only one gate and it's assumed we all go in at the side of the stand?).

I don't think it's going to be that cold on Saturday. Forecast for Friday night/Saturday morning looks fairly mild, and the rest of Saturday is supposed to be mild. Buckie will have plenty of experience of ensuring games go ahead I imagine, so I doubt there will be much doubt about the gate.

A Google image search suggests that the entrance to the ground is on Midmar Street (perhaps some kind Buckie fan can confirm). Parking seems ample all around the ground with loads of wee streets all around the ground, so can't imagine you having any trouble finding somewhere.

No idea about segregation, but won't be an issue if there isn't any. We've been to plenty of grounds in the past few seasons with mixed areas (Forfar and Brechin spring to mind).

This may be of some use as well. As may this.

Sounds like there may be segregation then and that the West end might be where we end up? Streetview suggested it might be tight for spaces at the ground but I don't want to park up on the wrong side and walk all the way round (which I've had to do at Motherwell for example where one set of info had us in the Main Stand and another had us behind the goal - I of course picked the wrong option and ended up hiking what seemed like miles at a brisk pace to make kick off). Hopefully the game goes ahead - there's no chance at all of me making a midweek fixture up there.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sounds like there may be segregation then and that the West end might be where we end up? Streetview suggested it might be tight for spaces at the ground but I don't want to park up on the wrong side and walk all the way round (which I've had to do at Motherwell for example where one set of info had us in the Main Stand and another had us behind the goal - I of course picked the wrong option and ended up hiking what seemed like miles at a brisk pace to make kick off). Hopefully the game goes ahead - there's no chance at all of me making a midweek fixture up there.

It doesn't look like it would take that long to walk around the ground. Drop them an email and see what they say

Archived