The Pie and Bovril Championship Best and Worst Posters - 2016

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Best of the Best, the creme de la creme of Pie and Bovril's best posters are here.

THE 5 BEST CHAMPIONSHIP POSTERS OF 2016:

JOINT THIRD PLACE -  @Marshmallo

Taking Joint third with 10% of the vote is the Joint Winner of the Falkirk Competition: Marshy. Marshmallo is one of the #dece guys on here and is always good to read on General Nonsense or on the Falkirk match threads, always a good poster, with a fair review of games. Congratulations Marshy!

JOINT THIRD PLACE - @Shandon Par

gold pic.jpg

Choose Life, Choose Faissal and then Choose Farid, and Choose watching Dunfermline miss three penalties in 20 mins whilst wearing jobbie-coloured shoes. Coming joint-third is Shandon Par, probably one of the top posters on the entire website, SP is incredibly witty, like I said earlier in the thread SP wrote a really funny haiku about the Hibs match in one of the threads (I couldn't find a link to it) and earned SP a ton of kudos from the P&B fraternity. SP has the 20th highest Rep of any P&B poster (Marshmallo is 19th). Anyway congrats SP, please keep the GN posts, they're a good laugh.

JOINT THIRD PLACE - @The Grass Is Greener.

After finishing a close second in the Hibs poll, it's no surprise that TGIG was able to make his way onto this list.   TGIG is probably the chief m9 in the #flamegang, his posts are fucking hilarious in threads similar to these, in GN, which seems to be the reoccurring theme so far. Although his best achievement in the last 12 months was in the cup final thread, exposing the pure seethe of the Rangers fans. Absolutely hilarious, especially seeing the responses of some of the great Intellectuals of our post-Armageddon time such as Tedi, 8MILEBU (who throws jobbies at people) and bennett. Congrats TGIG, on taking the joint third place award.

SECOND PLACE - @Dunning1874

Taking the second step on the metaphorical podium, with a respectable 30% of the vote is Dunning1874. Dunning has the mix of being one of the most analytical posters on the forum in terms of match threads as well as being fucking hilarious on GN. The #DunningForMod Campaign is still ongoing and for good reason, his analysis of games would give Michael Stewart wet dreams and is probably the least hated poster on the entire forum, as he has not pissed anyone off of note (St Mirren fans don't count). Congrats Dunning, on your second place award.

THE BEST PIE AND BOVRIL CHAMPIONSHIP POSTER OF 2016 is @Mon Dieu

dwtdxMn.gif

Taking the highly prestigious award is Mon Dieu, who won it with 40% of the popular vote. His photoshop and gif generating skills are top notch, which is handy once in a while. But it is his banter that wins him this award, combined with the gifs, above and below this post I have put the two reasons reason why he is top dog, and it is a beauty. He "wins the days" more often than pretty much any other poster, despite having about 600 posts, he has a rep of 2400ish - which is fucking high for someone who doesn't post that often. Anyway, the other leader of the #flamegang, MD is well known for having the pest banter of pretty much any one on here, but to sum it up in a few words from @AsimButtHitsASix "He stands for freedom, tolerance, respect and dem bitches" Congrats m9 on your award and I hope you continue the great banter throughout 2017.

GnFtZ9c.gif

Thank You and Good Night!

Spoiler

Tomorrow should see the top 5 Worst Posters

47 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Saw a notification saying I had mentioned in a post. Clicked it and saw it was the Championship's best posters....

...but only as a source of a quote. Feel like this greetin' faced minter now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrwufR4sIl8

There's always next season. You look about safe from relegation now. 

11 hours ago, Marr1 said:

JOINT THIRD PLACE - @Shandon Par

Choose Life, Choose Faissal and then Choose Farid, and Choose watching Dunfermline miss three penalties in 20 mins 

Tomorrow should see the top 5 Worst Posters

That's superb - well done! I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? Who needs reasons when you've got P&B. 

Football forum or not, these things tend to stick so aye, it does matter.
Plus The Messiah is completely in the wrong and it'd be nice to see him admit that.

Count yourself lucky, I got a permanent strike on my account over jobbygate ;-)

I'd left the room by the time all the inferred racism nonsense started. I think Andy C took the bait and its clear, for the record, he IS NOT A RACIST. Hopefully that shit was incredibly greasy and doesn't stick.

Can't believe how long this ran for, and can't even remember the original context of the pic.

22 hours ago, Marr1 said:

THE BEST PIE AND BOVRIL CHAMPIONSHIP POSTER OF 2016 is @Mon Dieu

dwtdxMn.gif

Taking the highly prestigious award is Mon Dieu, who won it with 40% of the popular vote. His photoshop and gif generating skills are top notch, which is handy once in a while. But it is his banter that wins him this award, combined with the gifs, above and below this post I have put the two reasons reason why he is top dog, and it is a beauty. He "wins the days" more often than pretty much any other poster, despite having about 600 posts, he has a rep of 2400ish - which is fucking high for someone who doesn't post that often. Anyway, the other leader of the #flamegang, MD is well known for having the pest banter of pretty much any one on here, but to sum it up in a few words from @AsimButtHitsASix "He stands for freedom, tolerance, respect and dem bitches" Congrats m9 on your award and I hope you continue the great banter throughout 2017.

Thank You and Good Night!

nOZXJsB.gif

Shit I'd thought I had already posted the worst anyway:

THE 3 BEST WORST CHAMPIONSHIP POSTERS OF 2016:

THIRD PLACE - @RUSTY1111

Coming in third place with 12.5% of the vote is Rusty1111. Voted third worst by posters due to his inability to use the multi-quote function, in such a way that it spams the thread with his shitty replies and his dull as fuck content.

SECOND PLACE -  @Hibeesbounce75

Second place goes to the Hibee that everyone loves to hate - Hibeesbounce75. One of the "boiz" hb is never far from turning into seething messes, which he tries to disguise with humour and fails spectacularly - see the Dundee United (December) match thread for evidence. Falkirk fans for some reason tend to hate HB, apparently he pissed them off more than the Andy Muirhead from SccotZine - which I was reminded of from the Terrace Podcast last week (f**king hilarious). I digress, HB is the seething mess that seems to get bites when goes fishing with bait. Taking a sixth of the vote is quite respectable HB. Congratulations!

THE WORST PIE AND BOVRIL CHAMPIONSHIP POSTER OF 2016 is @ThirdrockfromtheSon

Image result for garry o'connor

Thirdrockfromtheson, more like MustRunFromMySon! With 25% of the vote he won at a canter. The reason for this is that he once left his boy on his own on his birthday to go and travel down to Leith to see Hibs pump Dumbarton 4-0. One of Pie And Bovril's best moments in the last couple of years was the admission that he'd missed his kids birthday to go out for a sesh with his mates to Edinburgh. All I can say is that it was karma that they got pumped 4-0. This started the whole #MustRunFromMySon phrase, despite it being over a year ago, it is still well in the wind of the P&B faithful, congrats ThirdRock! 

I've been waiting since my one month ban was lifted last week to see this result. So I have been awarded the Bronze Medal. I will endeavour to improve during this calendar year. I have been keeping a low profile since my ban was lifted.

Tbf Falkirk fans are complete and utter cunts to a man so I'm not too concerned with that. 

ETA- when I say all I mean mainly Marshmallo who I seem to have upset on the course of my journey on this forum and that blue white army weirdo. Senor bairn and bairnardo are decent and the rest all look the same to me tbh

Archived