Should this forum be a closed shop?

Hertha/BJFC1938

38 minutes ago, Mr Motivator said:

the SJFA will not  have any involvement in this, will be from some sensitive  club member/s who thinks that there position means there opinion is what matters and nobody else is allowed to say different. I had not even heard of P&b until about 2 years ago when everyone was talking about an on going feud between our previous chairman and an ex player. Like many others I followed the saga from behind the scenes and made up my own mind , my conclusion was that if you play with fire you will get burned , eventually  he could not stand the heat and had to get out of the kitchen, probably the hardest decision he ever had to make but for the good of the club the right one. 

There is absolutely no doubt that the sjfa read this forum and contact clubs if they see a post that upsets them. 

It could be a genuinely great product, it wouldnt even take much.

Totally agree mate. It's easy with simple things such as a full fixture list to begin with.

I've got a few pals who occasionally come to games with me if their big team aren't playing and usually on the journey back home they'll ask "who we playing next week" and 9 times out of 10 I have to say "don't know the fixture hasn't been announced yet" which then comes back to the same conversation everytime

I take a bit of stick for my criticism of the sjfa etc but its simply borne out of frustration. Can you imagine when the Roy get their new ground built and your committee is trying to get a couple of local businesses to bring some clients for a day out etc and they say 'great we could book for the 4th of april' and you have to tell them 'im sorry i dont know who we are playing that day so i cant take your booking for 20 people'? Senior clubs like Dumbarton make a fortune on corporate hospitality with bookings made all over the year ahead no problem, its simply depriving clubs of a decent chance to make money to sustain themselves. It could also lead to better overall sponsorship opportunities, media coverage, getting young kids/schools along to games. Id like to see the sjfa help set up regional steering groups to help clubs apply for grants to improve facilities, the money is out there and clubs with hardworking but perhaps not business savvy committees are missing out, which could help consolidate even in some cases ensure the long term future of these clubs. Even things like co-opting regionally to get some modern apprentices in different areas to help look after ground maintenance in various regions would go a long way and with the various incentives in place it can actually end up not costing anything. Our level of football needn't be as unattractive a prospect and product as its made out and lives up to being. I apologise for my negativity however its genuinely frustrating week in week out watching junior football.

I agree 100% with that! It's probably a big factor in holding back junior clubs with support and ultimately money.

From a supporters point of view it is very frustrating as some people may have to get cover in their jobs for further away games and sometimes a few days notice isn't enough. For example there's a group of us wanting to make a day out to an away ground (Largs was decided) for a bevy and the game and get the train up the road later that night. Nothing can be arranged as we don't know if we'll be playing them in January or April

Archived