How I met your mother

FifeArab

I've been binging this on Netflix.

I'd tried to watch it before but couldn't. I forced myself through the first few episodes and I am about 10 from the end now. I will be back.

I have just finished this.

Overall I enjoyed it, It took me a couple of attempts but I got into it and the first 5 or 6 seasons were great at times.
Neil Patrick Harris was great as Barney, best character in it. Jason Segel I've always liked from "Freaks and Geeks" & "Undeclared" So I thought he was good too.
Ted (canny mind the actors name) is a greeting faced helmet. The females were great too.

Maybe a few spoilers here but the end of the show was about 7 years ago.

The last season was a drag. all based around a few days with loads of flash forwards and flashbacks, it was a bit of a train wreck. The introduction of the mother was a bit wild too. Finding out who she was and flash forwards to her and Ted was pretty annoying considering how long they dragged out her bumping into Ted.
The final two episodes where it went through Ted meeting her, them dating, their family, their marriage, was a complete clusterfuck and moved too fast. They completely passed by the Mother dying with "Oh, she then died by the way". Although she wasn't an important character in the whole series, they done her dirty there.
The whole getting back with Robin was too obvious anaw. Everyone had a decent story arc but Ted turning up at her door in the final scene was a let down. Certainly didn't have the same effect in the way a "Ross and Rachel" thing did. That seemed to be what they where aiming for but I couldn't have cared less about Ted and Robin, it left me thinking "what would Barney think of this?"

It was a good watch but the end was rubbish.

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I have just finished this.

Overall I enjoyed it, It took me a couple of attempts but I got into it and the first 5 or 6 seasons were great at times.
Neil Patrick Harris was great as Barney, best character in it. Jason Segel I've always liked from "Freaks and Geeks" & "Undeclared" So I thought he was good too.
Ted (canny mind the actors name) is a greeting faced helmet. The females were great too.

Maybe a few spoilers here but the end of the show was about 7 years ago.

The last season was a drag. all based around a few days with loads of flash forwards and flashbacks, it was a bit of a train wreck. The introduction of the mother was a bit wild too. Finding out who she was and flash forwards to her and Ted was pretty annoying considering how long they dragged out her bumping into Ted.
The final two episodes where it went through Ted meeting her, them dating, their family, their marriage, was a complete clusterfuck and moved too fast. They completely passed by the Mother dying with "Oh, she then died by the way". Although she wasn't an important character in the whole series, they done her dirty there.
The whole getting back with Robin was too obvious anaw. Everyone had a decent story arc but Ted turning up at her door in the final scene was a let down. Certainly didn't have the same effect in the way a "Ross and Rachel" thing did. That seemed to be what they where aiming for but I couldn't have cared less about Ted and Robin, it left me thinking "what would Barney think of this?"

It was a good watch but the end was rubbish.

Aye the end wasn't great, I think I'd heard so many people moan about the ending before I'd actually seen it, so it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Might need to rewatch it, as there are a lot of great moments. Not sure if this is a controversial opinion, but I much prefer this show to Friends. A lot more likeable characters(apart from Ted, but I hate all 6 of them in Friends 😂). Was actually gutted at a few moments(death of Marshall's father and the death of the mother), a lot funnier(I'm trying to think of a bit in Friends that I found funny apart from PIVOT, and I'm struggling). Also, it was good to see the main characters drinking in a pub, rather than a coffee shop(I'm sure they actually take the piss out of friends by doing part of an episode in a coffee shop), so more relatable. Was a big fan of the mother character(and actress), was really likeable, which I think is part of the reason the end was so bad. To introduce a character we've been waiting so long to see, and that is instantly liked, only to get rid of her for an ending that you could have predicted from episode 1 was poor. Would have even been a better ending if she'd just died and that was it, rather than having the bit with Robin at the end. 

I do wonder if the writers ever considered changing the ending. I only know that the way it ended was always the plan, as the scenes where he was talking to his children telling them about how he met his mother were all filmed at once(as they don't age in any of the clips), so the 2 kid actors had to sign non disclosure agreements

• 2 months later...