Fantasy Baseball 2017

placidcasual

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I had a good start, but I've been taking some pastings of late. Still fairly happy with my squad, a few players off to a cold start but I'm hopeful they'll warm up.

You were fairly unlucky against me - I think you were 3rd highest point scorer that week but caught my team on a very hot week.  Looks like you've been fortunate with the injuries side of things so far though!

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

My team is doing wonderfully, but that's mainly due to my hitting depth.  Loads of hitters available for durable and reliable pitching.  

Trade proposed. Open to alternatives if it's not quite hitting the mark.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Bellinger is a strange one. Their manager seemed to take the nip about nothing at all.

I’ll go with the idea he was sending a message to the whole team about not hitting standards. 

Reminds me of a story my uncle always told alabout his first job teaching in the 60s. His first day, he hauled the  nicest and brightest kid in his class up front and gave him a bollocking and the belt. 

The real trouble makers didn’t ever dare give him any shit after that -  once they saw what he’d do to the good kid they must’ve figured he’d murder them! 

Bellinger is a strange one. Their manager seemed to take the nip about nothing at all.

Yeah. I thought the player was well within his rights. But Dave Roberts is one of the more thoughtful managers, so I’m hoping it’s just Bellinger going completely off the rails and never meeting his full potential. The next Puig, if you will.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. I thought the player was well within his rights. But Dave Roberts is one of the more thoughtful managers, so I’m hoping it’s just Bellinger going completely off the rails and never meeting his full potential. The next Puig, if you will.

I'm sensing I could have offered you less in the trade......

C'est la vie.

I'm sensing I could have offered you less in the trade......
C'est la vie.

Somebody appears to have vetoed the trade, which seems very odd. I presume it requires four vetoes to fail?

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Somebody appears to have vetoed the trade, which seems very odd. I presume it requires four vetoes to fail?

I noticed that too, but yeah, looks like it needs 3 more to block.

The rules don't really explain the purpose of the veto but I assume it is intended to prevent trades that are obviously unbalanced and aimed only at conferring an advantage to one of the parties.  I guess folk might want to veto if they had missed a chance at making an offer on a player which is probably why half of the other participants in the league need to veto it.

I noticed that too, but yeah, looks like it needs 3 more to block.
The rules don't really explain the purpose of the veto but I assume it is intended to prevent trades that are obviously unbalanced and aimed only at conferring an advantage to one of the parties.  I guess folk might want to veto if they had missed a chance at making an offer on a player which is probably why half of the other participants in the league need to veto it.

I would have thought the only reason to block would be if it was manifestly lopsided and something nefarious was suspected. Even lopsided trades should be allowed if both parties are aware of what they’re doing.

Anyone blocking because they want a player ought to make another bid.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I would have thought the only reason to block would be if it was manifestly lopsided and something nefarious was suspected. Even lopsided trades should be allowed if both parties are aware of what they’re doing.

Anyone blocking because they want a player ought to make another bid.

That's a fair point.

Pretty rough trade that. Bellinger is probably in the top 5/10 young players in baseball. Trade him away in a keeper league for 2 vets who might not be worth holding at the end of the year?

I'd happily pay more to get Bellinger away from you SH

48 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

Pretty rough trade that. Bellinger is probably in the top 5/10 young players in baseball. Trade him away in a keeper league for 2 vets who might not be worth holding at the end of the year?

Is that  confession? Has the veto culprit been found? :lol:

SH knows a hell of a lot more about baseball than me so I doubt he's being naive in the trade. He's made his concerns about Bellinger's future clear in his post above.  

Assuming the trade goes through, feel free to make me an offer for him though!

2 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

You can make a trade offer still.

10 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

This is awkward. I was actually going to execute this trade last night but thought I'd leave it given it's midweek and line ups don't need fixed for a couple of days.

I'm all with you.  Leave it till week's end and see if I get an improved offer!  If not, put it through.

This is how trades are supposed to work!

Archived