Relagation Battle in the West

WhoAteAllTheDepays

It would take a weird run of results to see us in the bottom two but not impossible. I'd only say KRR, Glenafton and Talbot are safe already. Anyone else could be pulled into it.

If Talbot are already safe then surely so are all the teams with more points than them?

Personally I can't see anybody above kilbirnie going down.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

If Talbot are already safe then surely so are all the teams with more points than them?

Personally I can't see anybody above kilbirnie going down.

Talbot are just that little bit better than everyone else I think, and can't see them getting less than 6 points from 11 games.

Hopefully your right!

I think Pollok are safe. Despite an average at times lacklustre season.

Should pick up enough points to see us OK.

Don't know if the manager will be the same come new season mind you...that's a different thread.

10 hours ago, G43 said:

I think Pollok are safe. Despite an average at times lacklustre season.

Should pick up enough points to see us OK.

Don't know if the manager will be the same come new season mind you...that's a different thread.

Considering he's already re-signed players for next season I think he will be.

After today's result at kilwinning, Troon's survival chances must have seriously diminished. Well beaten by a good buffs team and with only four fixtures, against Beith (h) and Talbot, KRR and Glenafton away, remaining - the play off might be their only realistic hope

After today's result at kilwinning, Troon's survival chances must have seriously diminished. Well beaten by a good buffs team and with only four fixtures, against Beith (h) and Talbot, KRR and Glenafton away, remaining - the play off might be their only realistic hope

Goal difference alone will be Troons undoing along with Largs

Swifty was the main difference in the Buffs team today compared to the one I last saw lose at home to arthurlie. Ryan Nisbet hit the post and the bar, but otherwise Troon rarely threatened although they had a couple of periods of domination.

Posted this in the Ford thread, relevant here too though I think. 

Results went pretty much as best as Ford could have hoped today. 

Troon, Ladeside and Largs all losing is ideal. 

Sitting 4th bottom but not all bad. 

Now three games in hand to Ladeside and just two points behind. 

Three points ahead of troon who are in the playoff spot, with two games in hand. 

And Largs are second bottom, four points behind Ford and played three more. 

Buffs will be bottom six points behind Ford but will have a game in hand. 

Ford remaining fixtures:

Cumnock H, Talbot H, Pollok H, Kilwinning A, Beith A, Glenafton A. 

I'd imagine five points will be enough to avoid relegation. 

Goal difference alone will be Troons undoing along with Largs

What utter nonsense. All Troon need is one more point than Kilbirnie. If they win their game in hand they would be 2 points behind with 3 games to go and one more win would possibly see them safe.

38 minutes ago, Lupo said:

What utter nonsense. All Troon need is one more point than Kilbirnie. If they win their game in hand they would be 2 points behind with 3 games to go and one more win would possibly see them safe.

Troon will need to win 3 of their last 4 games to overtake ladeside as we will pick up 3 points at least 

We will get something from 1 of our last 3 games . So if we end up on the same number of points the goal difference will make a huge impact

Now it's an If. It was stated above as a certainty!

The guy is saying goal difference in his opinion will be a big issue most would probably agree.
Stop trying to be a twisted git just to try get one up on him ffs.

My opinion is it's now as the weeks go on becoming a bit clearer Largs unfortunately look down as do Troon with what fixtures they have left.
If buffs form continues its all up in the air with a host of clubs looking over shoulder in regards to the playoff spot.

Now it's an If. It was stated above as a certainty!

I said goal difference would be key as the difference is worth an extra point when teams are tied on points . You inferred it wasn't so I painted the scenario to show it was
For what it's worth I don't think Troon will win 2 games so it won't be an issue anyway
Personally feel Buffs will catch us & we will be in the play off place

I said goal difference would be key as the difference is worth an extra point when teams are tied on points . You inferred it wasn't so I painted the scenario to show it was
For what it's worth I don't think Troon will win 2 games so it won't be an issue anyway
Personally feel Buffs will catch us & we will be in the play off place

Looking at it another way many would rather have 8 points than 4 games in hand.

Still looks like the current bottom 3 will be there come the end of the season, but likely Troon and Largs automatically down and Kilwinning in the play off.

The only risk to Ladeside is Kilwinning, who have 3 home games that are winable and likely playing teams with nothing to play for by the time they meet.

However if Ladeside win one more then its over IMO and with 2 home games still to play out last 3 games I am sure their new manager would have taken needing that to stay up when he took over.

Recent seasons the west league has all about who might go down and a bit of a relegation 'race' and the top of the league a one horse race, looks this year it's flipped and relegation is nearly sorted (just the order at the bottom) but we have 3 and maybe 4 teams who could still win the league.

5 hours ago, superpollok said:

Still looks like the current bottom 3 will be there come the end of the season, but likely Troon and Largs automatically down and Kilwinning in the play off.

The only risk to Ladeside is Kilwinning, who have 3 home games that are winable and likely playing teams with nothing to play for by the time they meet.

However if Ladeside win one more then its over IMO and with 2 home games still to play out last 3 games I am sure their new manager would have taken needing that to stay up when he took over.

Recent seasons the west league has all about who might go down and a bit of a relegation 'race' and the top of the league a one horse race, looks this year it's flipped and relegation is nearly sorted (just the order at the bottom) but we have 3 and maybe 4 teams who could still win the league.

Kilbirnie have 2 games away Glens and Roy with home derby against Beith , all tough ones but as I said earlier in thread Kilbirnie and Hurford should be fine, Troon are in freefall and need a miracle now or 3 wins from 4 to be accurate 

Kilbirnie have 2 games away Glens and Roy with home derby against Beith , all tough ones but as I said earlier in thread Kilbirnie and Hurford should be fine, Troon are in freefall and need a miracle now or 3 wins from 4 to be accurate 

Troon were 1 of my favourites for the league at the start of the season . Heard various reasons why it has went tits up but what in your opinion is the reason bud?

Archived