Relagation Battle in the West

WhoAteAllTheDepays

7 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Isn't it confusing though when we struggled like feck with injuries in defence he never pulled a shirt on but he's now playing for the buffs and playing well

Very true BBB. As I posted previously,what a difference Swifty has made to Buffs defence,since joining us! Must've been a really good player when he was younger.I think Chris Strain & Swift played in the same 'Medda team.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troon looked like a rudderless ship on Saturday against the Buffs . They don't look fit and there's a few who look like they dont really want to be there . Going by their performance they already look like a team relegated especially if they perform like that in their remaining few games . 

Not quite sure who was in charge with no sign of the lad Burns . Few people in the dug-out who didn't look like they had much to say . Easy to blame the players but when things are not right behind the scenes it gives the players an out and excuse to underperform . Big trouble for a club who are spending a lot of cash . Fear the worst looking at their whole set-up on Saturday . 

10 minutes ago, Logie55 said:

Troon looked like a rudderless ship on Saturday against the Buffs . They don't look fit and there's a few who look like they dont really want to be there . Going by their performance they already look like a team relegated especially if they perform like that in their remaining few games . 

Not quite sure who was in charge with no sign of the lad Burns . Few people in the dug-out who didn't look like they had much to say . Easy to blame the players but when things are not right behind the scenes it gives the players an out and excuse to underperform . Big trouble for a club who are spending a lot of cash . Fear the worst looking at their whole set-up on Saturday . 

Excellent post and Ive always been surprised how much troon have struggled , player for player theyre as good as most but it just doesn't seem right . 

I had Troon and buffs in top 6 of my predictions and Rob roy in bottom 3 along with Kilbirnie n Largs Kilbirnie changing manager has nearly saved them I still think fixture congestion Gonna kill the rabs especially on that pitch but we'll done to them if the buffs stay up they will be a force to reckon with next year

1 hour ago, Logie55 said:

Totally agree,Logie55. Troon just didn't show that much of a threat to Buffs on Saturday.They were 2nd to almost every ball,& as I posted previously,they weren't as 'up for it' as Buffs were! Some of their players did look like they've already accepted relegation,& as you said,there didn't seem to be much encouragement coming from the Troon dugout! A shame,for a once strong,title challenging team.....but this is a 'cut-throat' league,& only the teams with heart,fight,& hunger to avoid relegation,will do so. Buffs hopefully have 'turned the corner',& hitting form at the right time,but a difficult match at Beith this Saturday,is the next hurdle we must get over,in our bid to stay in the league! C'MON THE BUFFS!! :thumsup2

I had Troon and buffs in top 6 of my predictions and Rob roy in bottom 3 along with Kilbirnie n Largs Kilbirnie changing manager has nearly saved them I still think fixture congestion Gonna kill the rabs especially on that pitch but we'll done to them if the buffs stay up they will be a force to reckon with next year

Saturday we will have played 14 games.
and only 4 home games left. Your making out we have hardly played any games. The pitch has been played on once this calendar year which will hopefully help it come the better weather. We have what 3 months till end of season. Fixture congestion won't cost us a chance at the league. Form will win or lose it for us.

Saturday we will have played 14 games.
and only 4 home games left. Your making out we have hardly played any games. The pitch has been played on once this calendar year which will hopefully help it come the better weather. We have what 3 months till end of season. Fixture congestion won't cost us a chance at the league. Form will win or lose it for us.

Exactly it has been played on once this year how many games have been called off on it this year there is 11 league games still to be played on the pitch never mind cup games fixture congestion will become a problem for rabs as they still in Scottish west and the central cup hasn't even started and both teams have a home draw in it

Exactly it has been played on once this year how many games have been called off on it this year there is 11 league games still to be played on the pitch never mind cup games fixture congestion will become a problem for rabs as they still in Scottish west and the central cup hasn't even started and both teams have a home draw in it

The pitch has been off when a game has been scheduled when the majority of other west games have been off.

As i said fixture congestion won't be used as an excuse not that it will be a problem as it won't imo.

One more max in Scottish.

West Cumbernauld are out draw still to take place.

Central cups yes but as we have done in the past we have swapped venues or played at neutral venues so that is a good option for us.

4 games after Saturday of will be fine Cumbernauld have what 7 that may be more of problem .

The pitch has been off when a game has been scheduled when the majority of other west games have been off. As i said fixture congestion won't be used as an excuse not that it will be a problem as it won't imo.
One more max in Scottish.
West Cumbernauld are out draw still to take place.
Central cups yes but as we have done in the past we have swapped venues or played at neutral venues so that is a good option for us.
4 games after Saturday of will be fine Cumbernauld have what 7 that may be more of problem .

Being it's their ground they have 8 homes left if u count cup they will want to play there games as priority

20 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

It's a strange set up if you ask me.
They have players and coaching staff employed by the Kirkwoods away working on match days.

A recipe for disaster.....as it's proving to be,so far! :unsure2: Shame really,for ex-Buffs man Burns.Seems his 'hands are tied'! I'd be off by now,if I was him!

A recipe for disaster.....as it's proving to be,so far! :unsure2: Shame really,for ex-Buffs man Burns.Seems his 'hands are tied'! I'd be off by now,if I was him!

Does that mean you'll be chucking in your job the next time you fall out with someone. I think not!

9 minutes ago, Lupo said:

Does that mean you'll be chucking in your job the next time you fall out with someone. I think not!

It's not a matter of falling out with anyone,Lupo.My point is if a "manager" isn't being allowed to be a "manager",& pick the team from his available players,because someone else is,then what's the point in being there? Burns' reputation as a good,successful manager is being put in jeopardy. If Troon get relegated, it's not his fault,because HE didn't have a say in who was playing in the team! Why be somewhere that makes you the scapegoat for any failure? Burns would soon get another manager's position with another team.

It probably answers the questions on another thread why good coaches over the past 2 or 3 years have left the Club . Makes it awkward for the manager to walk away or step down , especially if he's employed by the owners . Catch 22 situation . The manager obviously likes the job and club and feels he can do a job . It makes you wonder though if he's being pushed or made to go on his own terms  , very strange set-up from a premier league junior football club . Time will tell . 

It's not a matter of falling out with anyone,Lupo.My point is if a "manager" isn't being allowed to be a "manager",& pick the team from his available players,because someone else is,then what's the point in being there? Burns' reputation as a good,successful manager is being put in jeopardy. If Troon get relegated, it's not his fault,because HE didn't have a say in who was playing in the team! Why be somewhere that makes you the scapegoat for any failure? Burns would soon get another manager's position with another team.

Because he wants to keep his day job which is probably his main source of income I would guess!

Don,t think that group of players really care whether Ladeside stay up or not, will all head off to pastures new, not won a game all season after losing 1st goal I don,t think and discipline is poor, another sending off today.

Archived