East Fife vs Airdrieonians

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, el Gringo said:

I run the website, so I got the footage after the game. Highlights will be up tomorrow morning.

Thanks I certainly was surprised but grateful and Ryan did the job, as indeed he has all season. No need for MW to be "disappointed" this week.

No idea what the penalty was for.  If our highlights, as el gringo says, don't shed any light on it, maybe the EF ones will (if they're from a different angle).  A few folk around me were suggesting there might have been a shove, but I don't think any Airdrie fan was shouting for it.  Brown seemed to be appealing for something, though.  

I thought Scott Stewart was excellent today.  The first half was pretty scrappy, and he scrapped pretty well, pouncing in on every loose ball, and then in the second half had quite a few good runs down the flank.  Good performances all round, really - Russell's goal was a brilliant hit, and he's just unlucky the selections for the goal of the season have already been made.  Really pleased for him, especially as he was very unselfish in passing for Ryan to complete his hat-trick, when it looked like he could have had a shot himself.  Ferguson didn't have much to do, which given his recent form is probably just as well.  EF were pretty poor, overall.

Having watched the replay of the penalty/red card incident it does look like it may have been a hand ball so a penalty was probably the right decision. How anyone can consider it to be deliberate, and therefore a red card, is beyond me.

Im not suggesting that 11 v 11 would have changed the result of the match but in a league where final positions may be decided by goal difference could it be crucial?

4 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Not bad for someone who last week was accused on here of having "no ability".

He turned 21 years old yesterday,  that boy has been through a lot in the last 5 years.

Actually, the fact that 'scrapping pretty well' and having 'a few good runs' constitutes an excellent performance encapsulates perfectly what I was saying about him. That is his game to a tee, and it can be effective at this level, I've never said otherwise. But there isn't much else there 'ability wise', which is where we disagree.

I've no idea what the last 5 years has to do with anything when debating his effect on a football park (and I've not noticed you affording the luxury of considering that to all the players that you criticise), but the fact you mention it shows that you'll not be able to have an objective discussion about him, so not really much point trying.

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Actually, the fact that 'scrapping pretty well' and having 'a few good runs' constitutes an excellent performance encapsulates perfectly what I was saying about him. That is his game to a tee, and it can be effective at this level, I've never said otherwise. But there isn't much else there 'ability wise', which is where we disagree.

I've no idea what the last 5 years has to do with anything when debating his effect on a football park (and I've not noticed you affording the luxury of considering that to all the players that you criticise), but the fact you mention it shows that you'll not be able to have an objective discussion about him, so not really much point trying.

Touchè

Have watched the penalty incident several times and am still struggling. Somebody told Ryan it was a hand ball. The ref was well positioned and Brown was claiming for a penalty. Ref must have good eyesight!

Cracking goal from Russell who must surely now merit a place?

16 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

It was clearly for a handball ffs Mr Magoo

Is it possible for me to make a post without you criticising it? Why don't you ignore me and I'll ignore you? I'm sure the other posters would appreciate it.

17 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

It was clearly for a handball ffs Mr Magoo

His arm is up in an"unnatural position" and stops the ball going into the net so Yes it was a penalty and a Red card. Like Ryan I did not see that at  the game but the Referee did. End of story  Given the last home game versus QP could we see some more penalties! (For us)

8 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

His arm is up in an"unnatural position" and stops the ball going into the net so Yes it was a penalty and a Red card. Like Ryan I did not see that at  the game but the Referee did. End of story  Given the last home game versus QP could we see some more penalties! (For us)

Absolutely.   It's not clear from our angle but you can see the ref has it and Adam was screaming for it too

Archived