The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah, that's fairly pathetic from Goodwin and completely disrespectful to St Mirren. Fair enough if he wasn't your manager, but I'd be utterly seething if it were McPake (or any Dundee manager).

"pathetic"

:lol:

Deary me, even for bait that's a painful read, Ludo.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

"pathetic"

Deary me, even for bait that's a painful read, Ludo.

Hey, if you're happy to continue being Celtic's wee bitches, that's up to you. I mean it's not like there's previous... oh.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hey, if you're happy to continue being Celtic's wee bitches, that's up to you. I mean it's not like there's previous... oh.

Wait.. at what point are we being "Celtic's wee bitches"?

As for "previous", I think any Dundee fan commenting on what a club should or shouldn't do regarding their finances is, really.. .quite a laugh.

Just now, Ric said:

Wait.. at what point are we being "Celtic's wee bitches"?

As for "previous", I think any Dundee fan commenting on what a club should or shouldn't do regarding their finances is, really.. .quite a laugh.

Probably the time you allowed them to set up shop in your stadium and then in more recent times, your manager attending their games as a fan.

Why is it quite a laugh? I think our fans have done quite well in financially supporting our club. We've certainly bailed it out in times of need unlike some other larger clubs we could look at.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably the time you allowed them to set up shop in your stadium and then in more recent times, your manager attending their games as a fan.

f**k me Ludo, normally you are quite the sensible one, but this time are coming across as a naive, ignorant and rather bitter here.

I do hope that changes, as in general I like your posts. Perhaps you got out of your bed the wrong side, or you've not had your coffee. Either way what you've written is embarrassing for you.

Edited by Ric

Just now, Ric said:

f**k me Ludo, normally you are quite the sensible one, but this time are coming across as a naive, ignorant and rather bitter here.

I do hope that changes, as in general I like your posts. Perhaps you got out of your bed the wrong side, or you've not had your coffee. Either way what you've written is embarrassing for you.

Bitter? What is there to be bitter about?

I'm just calling it as I see it. I hated when the likes of Darren O'Dea openly spoke about his love for Celtic whilst employed by us and I hated Alex Rae working for RangersTV whilst our manager. 

I think it's poor form when you're employed by a divisional rival. For it to be the manager of the club makes it worse for me. If the St Mirren support aren't bothered by it then fair enough.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Bitter? What is there to be bitter about?

So the "bitter" bit you are aggrieved with? Fine, I'll retract that accusation. That leaves the naive and ignorant claims as unchallenged.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

So the "bitter" bit you are aggrieved with? Fine, I'll retract that accusation. That leaves the naive and ignorant claims as unchallenged.

Perhaps it is naive to believe that we have a culture in this country that bows down to the OF. I'm not suggesting this is the case with St Mirren and I am going a bit off topic because I've never really paid attention to your results to the OF, but I feel like sometimes we're beaten before we even step onto the park against them because half of our team see the Celtic/Rangers players as their idols when they certainly don't deserve that level of respect on the pitch.

Ignorant? Well, that's for others to decide.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Perhaps it is naive to believe that we have a culture in this country that bows down to the OF. I'm not suggesting this is the case with St Mirren and I am going a bit off topic because I've never really paid attention to your results to the OF, but I feel like sometimes we're beaten before we even step onto the park against them because half of our team see the Celtic/Rangers players as their idols when they certainly don't deserve that level of respect on the pitch.

Ignorant? Well, that's for others to decide.

What is Goodwin's actual 'crime' here? That he attended a game? Jesus fucking Christ, Ludo, come up for air man.

As for ignorance, it is specifically relating to our renting out of the stadium to them, I explained the situation just a few posts back, if you haven't read it then I suggest you do. It might enlighten you as to why it was a benefit to the club, and why, some clubs don't fall into administration because they are unable to pay their staff and players.

Edited by Ric

I've seen many an SPFL manager in the main stand at St Mirren Park, I had always presumed they were there scouting/watching Saints due to an upcoming fixture. Never did it occur to me that, in fact, they would be there supporting Saints. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I've seen many an SPFL manager in the main stand at St Mirren Park, I had always presumed they were there scouting/watching Saints due to an upcoming fixture. Never did it occur to me that, in fact, they would be there supporting Saints. 

I honestly thought Ludo was on the wind-up, but it seems he's genuine, which.. given that logic, suggests every manager who comes to watch our games is a St Mirren fan. Which, I have to say, is nice to see.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

What is Goodwin's actual 'crime' here? That he attended a game? Jesus fucking Christ, Ludo, come up for air man.

As for ignorance, it is specifically relating to our renting out of the stadium to them, I explained the situation just a few posts back, if you haven't read it then I suggest you do. It might enlighten you as to why it was a benefit to the club, and why, some clubs don't fall into administration because they are unable to pay their staff and players.

I'm sure it was a difference maker right enough.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm sure it was a difference maker right enough.

f**k me, you are miserable this morning (now afternoon).

Are you wanting a simple "win" so you can walk away from this thread without looking like a fool? Sure, I'll give you that..

Is it shit that the OF seems to permeate everything, resulting in ex-players seemingly more interested their old club than the one they represent whether that be on the pitch or in the dugout? Of course it's shit, we all agree on that. There you go, that seems to be your underlying point, one which most people would agree with, however the context you are trying to spit it as is both wrong, lacking in objectivity and quite frankly makes you look very foolish indeed.

So just to clarify. Did Goodwin do this? Was he promoting Celtic while being paid by us? Did he go on Celtic TV? Did he present the trophy? Did he speak to the team after the match? No, none of these things, he went to a game of a club he supports with his boy who also supports them and if you find fault in that I can only presume you are not a parent, or if you are (and it's none of my business, it's a personal thing you can answer or not) I would wager you would do exactly the same thing and not put one iota of thought into some Internet random, and one who doesn't even support your club, claiming they are somehow a turncoat being paid 30 pieces of silver.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

f**k me, you are miserable this morning (now afternoon).

Are you wanting a simple "win" so you can walk away from this thread without looking like a fool? Sure, I'll give you that..

Is it shit that the OF seems to permeate everything, resulting in ex-players seemingly more interested their old club than the one they represent whether that be on the pitch or in the dugout? Of course it's shit, we all agree on that. There you go, that seems to be your underlying point, one which most people would agree with, however the context you are trying to spit it as is both wrong, lacking in objectivity and quite frankly makes you look very foolish indeed.

So just to clarify. Did Goodwin do this? Was he promoting Celtic while being paid by us? Did he go on Celtic TV? Did he present the trophy? Did he speak to the team after the match? No, none of these things, he went to a game of a club he supports with his boy who also supports them and if you find fault in that I can only presume you are not a parent, or if you are (and it's none of my business, it's a personal thing you can answer or not) I would wager you would do exactly the same thing and not put one iota of thought into some Internet random, and one who doesn't even support your club, claiming they are somehow a turncoat being paid 30 pieces of silver.

I'm not looking for anything tbh. Just giving my view. Didn't expect it to have you leap to such a passionate defence of your manager. Fair play

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not looking for anything tbh. Just giving my view. Didn't expect it to have you leap to such a passionate defence of your manager. Fair play

I'm not leaping to the defence of, I'm pointing out you have gone balls deep into a situation you either don't understand or are unable to relate to.

Which, as I say, is surprising coming from you as normally I enjoy your posts.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm not leaping to the defence of, I'm pointing out you have gone balls deep into a situation you either don't understand or are unable to relate to.

Which, as I say, is surprising coming from you as normally I enjoy your posts.

I've really not. I've stated my opinion and I've stated my reasons for that opinion. A manager going to another club's game as a fan isn't something that requires a deep think or a need to relate to tbh.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A manager going to another club's game as a fan isn't something that requires a deep think or a need to relate to tbh.

I repeat..

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

.. you have gone balls deep into a situation you either don't understand or are unable to relate to.