The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, NorthBank said:

Thought we were the better team and by far created the most chances today.

But possobly the most frustrated I gave been at a game in a while. I, and friends around me, all reckoned O'Hara would miss the penalty - I thought he had a poor afternoon. Their goal was a clear handball and the Tanser sending off was a bad joke.

That being said we showed no urgency when we had 11 v 10. Too many side and back passes; no running into space and nobody running at their defenders. We need the midfield to run beyond their line and the wingbacks to actually cross the halfway line. However a decent ref today and I reckon we would gave won that.

Possibly because we persist with playing with five at the back against ten men.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Not just players that come on.

One in midfield that a lot of us are mystified as to what they actually offer to the team.

Agreed but with him I think it’s the best of a bad bunch at the moment. Adeniran being injured and Idowu being one of the downgrades you mentioned, I don’t think we’ve got much choice. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s also a wee bit worrying when Robbo keeps saying he thinks we played well and he’s also quoted as saying a good few times that Ayunga and Scott have been good when they’ve come on, when in fact they’ve been dogshit. 

Not being funny but what do you expect him to say?

If he goes all Yogi at Raith he is done.

As a Manager for years, you reprimand in private and praise in public.