2 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Difficult game of stick or twist right now. I think he should be given the first round of fixtures unless things go horrendously wrong. 

Music to the ears of Jambos and Dons fans.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

We've signed Jeggo, Kenneh, Levitt and Hendo to unseat the Newell, JDH, Campbell trio and those three still start.

There was little to enjoy today. Genuinely no idea what the gameplan was. St. Mirren's was to stifle the front three and hit on the counter targeting Delf; that much was clear. 

I'm still where I was though. Sure we can empty Johnson and if it carries on like this we probably should but, the win ratio chart from the other day shows that very very few of our managers  do much better, especially in the top division.

It can be argued that they haven't had the financial backing given to Johnson, which is fair. However, given that financial backing, a new manager may not get the same again to build his side and be lumbered with Johnson's side. 

Difficult game of stick or twist right now. I think he should be given the first round of fixtures unless things go horrendously wrong. 

I'd give him the first round of fixtures but wouldn't be sad if he goes. Today was a wild ride in terms of his tactics, substitutions and changes to the formation throughout.

I was largely won round by last season but I'm rapidly losing trust. I reckon we might be better off with someone who knows the players already, ie Gray, although I could see that as possibly being an issue as he may have bias's already. 

My main argument against changing the manager is it does seem like Johnson eventually gets it right with selections and I can't be bothered with another manager coming in and making the same mistakes all over again. Maybe McDermott might fancy it. 

1 minute ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'd give him the first round of fixtures but wouldn't be sad if he goes. Today was a wild ride in terms of his tactics, substitutions and changes to the formation throughout.

I was largely won round by last season but I'm rapidly losing trust. I reckon we might be better off with someone who knows the players already, ie Gray, although I could see that as possibly being an issue as he may have bias's already. 

My main argument against changing the manager is it does seem like Johnson eventually gets it right with selections and I can't be bothered with another manager coming in and making the same mistakes all over again. Maybe McDermott might fancy it. 

That's pretty much how I see it. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Tappin said:

True, but if you punt him, then what?

We bring in someone that nearly resembles a football manager that's appointed by our experienced DoF instead of some twat that impresses in interviews.  The supporters of Sunderland and especially Bristol City say exactly the same thing about Johnson, that he's completely clueless, talks like a twat, takes all the credit when anything goes correct but never his fault when not and he's not got a clue how to set up a team to execute a game plan.  

The guys a complete fraud and we need him out asap regardless of how nice he is to the Gordon family or Kensell.   Our DoF should be recommending his times up and he can go f**k off and manage Northampton or some shite down South. 

Is anyone actually genuinely surprised by today?  I'm not, regardless of us having a much larger budget and better players St Mirren have a much better manager and it shows. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

The guy with Stokes, Miller, Zoumer, Benji, Riordan, Bamba all at his disposal and a 4% worse win record than Johnson?

Stokes Zemmama and Bamba all got sold in the same window and he got no money to replace them.   Yogi's a much better manager than Johnson but nowhere near the answer.  

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

We bring in someone that nearly resembles a football manager that's appointed by our experienced DoF instead of some twat that impresses in interviews.  The supporters of Sunderland and especially Bristol City say exactly the same thing about Johnson, that he's completely clueless, talks like a twat, takes all the credit when anything goes correct but never his fault when not and he's not got a clue how to set up a team to execute a game plan.  

The guys a complete fraud and we need him out asap regardless of how nice he is to the Gordon family or Kensell.   Our DoF should be recommending his times up and he can go f**k off and manage Northampton or some shite down South. 

Is anyone actually genuinely surprised by today?  I'm not, regardless of us having a much larger budget and better players St Mirren have a much better manager and it shows. 

Replace Sunderland and Bristol with Falkirk and you're describing Yogi. 

The issue is, how often in the last 25 years have we appointed someone who nearly resembles a football manager and what have they delivered? The stats don't lie. 

3 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I would give him August.  Lose Thursday and Sunday then out the cup to Raith and hopefully hes a goner. 

Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

Replace Sunderland and Bristol with Falkirk and you're describing Yogi. 

The issue is, how often in the last 25 years have we appointed someone who nearly resembles a football manager and what have they delivered? The stats don't lie. 

Yogi at least has the Scottish Cup and a Scottish Cup with Falkirk, I doubt many of their fans dislike Yogi tbh.

Because we have failed in the past doesn't mean we should be scared going forward mate. 

GJP Mowbray Stubbs Lennon and Ross all seemed like actual football managers.  All of them done a better job at our club. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Financial realities of that put us back to where we were. 

Ill accept that.  But going forward it could improve us tenfold.  No point persisting with that joker for the sake of it imo. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yogi at least has the Scottish Cup and a Scottish Cup with Falkirk, I doubt many of their fans dislike Yogi tbh.

Because we have failed in the past doesn't mean we should be scared going forward mate. 

GJP Mowbray Stubbs Lennon and Ross all seemed like actual football managers.  All of them done a better job at our club. 

Agree with all of that, but that's 5 managers in 25 years and Rossball bored me to tears like no other manager since mid period Lexo, despite his win %

We don't get it right very often. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin

Agree with all of that, but that's 5 managers in 25 years and Ross bored me to tears like no other manager despite his win %

We don't get it right very often. 

Agree.  Ross team bored but they done better and it doesn't get more boring than it does today with the launch the ball up top and hope for the best. 

We don't, no but that doesn't mean we won't moving forward mate.  Do get what you are saying though. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Agree.  Ross team bored but they done better and it doesn't get more boring than it does today with the launch the ball up top and hope for the best. 

We don't, no but that doesn't mean we won't moving forward mate.  Do get what you are saying though. 

I'm torn on Lennon. He's available now and I bet we'd get him if we wanted him. He's box office but he's toxic. 

We need (and always need) a manager who played or coached at a higher level than Hibs. Getting them in is another matter.

I'm torn on Lennon. He's available now and I bet we'd get him if we wanted him. He's box office but he's toxic. 

We need (and always need) a manager who played or coached at a higher level than Hibs. Getting them in is another matter.

Totally agree on Lennon and the next manager.   Lennon and Stubbs even Mowbray and JGP good examples of that they have the type of mentality we need.  A Lennon mentality but not so much of a bammer would be ideal especially if they have some tactical awareness too.  JDT could have been that guy but we will never know but it does show there's interest out there. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Totally agree on Lennon and the next manager.   Lennon and Stubbs even Mowbray and JGP good examples of that they have the type of mentality we need.  A Lennon mentality but not so much of a bammer would be ideal especially if they have some tactical awareness too.  JDT could have been that guy but we will never know but it does show there's interest out there. 

Yep, JDT was the only exciting link from last time for me. I wasn't sold on the Roy Keane chat. 

I don't care if Johnson is wee or English or a slaver, I care about his win record first and his quality of football 2nd. Andorra and today are making me question both. I fully accept it's early days.

Kensall said that we'd budgeted for ALL loanees to come back this season AND we'd see late activity in the window this summer. Given we've brought 3/5 back and replaced Myko with Vente, I wonder if we'll see CJ Egan Riley make a re-appearance once he's recovered?

Edited by Tommy Tappin