Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Congratulations to the East Region and the SJFA for the worst piece of corporate governance since Gerald Ratner.

Most significant point today is the geographical barrier to perceived progression has been breached.

Now we have perth and north fife represented in the eos applications.

Maybe see some late action from other teams in these areas.

40 plus teams (hopefully) fighting for 16 tier 6 spots should make great competition.

TJ should think of chucking it. Absolute ignorance from the top. The SJFA have just sat still and done nothing, member Club’s leaving all over the place. This will surely put a dent in the SJFA coffers ?

33 minutes ago, the tin man said:

36 seems to be the agreed number for this year

I think if some sort of number had been agreed it would of been declared publicly when they re-opened the application process with a fixed deadline. Right now the running the tally hits 36 with all the public declarations and previous acceptances. This is still with Linlithgow Rose and Sauchie still to publicly apply. The likes of Arniston and Penicuik slipped pretty well under the radar until they were accepted last week.

I doubt that the EoS would let a couple of clubs be publicly knocked back and I doubt they'd knock back applications from Linlithgow Rose and Sauchie.

36 was probably the preferred number as a workable arrangement, but through Chinese whispers things are being taken as a set number.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

The eosfl may very well see most or all the ersjfa clubs apply, if so, what an advert for their league next season and what a sad state of affairs for the ersjfa/sjfa. If only there had been more done to keep clubs, work with clubs and build long lasting relationships based on trust and collective working.

Edited by Guest

I can't imagine the EoSFL rejecting any applicants, while 36 does seem like a logical number really up to 42 clubs could apply and they would split into 3 leagues of 14.
Any applicants as in, from anywhere? Possibly worth the big 3 or 4 Dundee/Angus clubs applying now that St Andrews and Jeanfield have challenged the border rule?

The likes of Lochee Utd, Carnoustie, and Broughty Athletic et al are surely now sitting wishing they could make the shift.

Regardless of what they've stated in the past, things have changed dramatically in the last week.

I can't imagine the EoSFL rejecting any applicants, while 36 does seem like a logical number really up to 42 clubs could apply and they would split into 3 leagues of 14.
Any applicants as in, from anywhere? Possibly worth the big 3 or 4 Dundee/Angus clubs applying now that St Andrews and Jeanfield have challenged the border rule?

The likes of Lochee Utd, Carnoustie, and Broughty Athletic et al are surely now sitting wishing they could make the shift.

Regardless of what they've stated in the past, things have changed dramatically in the last week.

2 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Angus and Dundee are a bridge too far for the EoSFL I believe. It's a shame as they have no where really to go but they are not in the EoSFL catchment area and I can't see present members clubs such as Coldstream and Tweedmouth too keen on a potential 6 hour round trip to Dundee.

Edited by Rooster20

If Linlithgow for some unbelievable reason decide to stay imagine how poor the league will be next season! How will they sell season tickets?? It could turn out a total shambles!
This should be the major concern for any team staying in East Region. For most teams crowds are hard to come by as it is.
After the summer, with all eyes on EOS, expect this to drop further.
Let's not forget the players too. How do you attract decent players to juniors if they have offers in EOS?