Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

North Super (10)

Broughty, Carnoustie, Downfield, Dundee NE, Forfar WE, Kirrie, Lochee, Luncarty, Scone, Tayport

North Premier (9)

Arbroath Vics, Blairgowrie, Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, East Craigie, Violet, Forfar Albion, Kinnoull, Lochee Harp

South Super (10)

Armadale, Bathgate, Fauldhouse, Glenrothes, Harthill, Kennoway, Livingston, Pumpherston, Thornton, Whitburn

South Premier (9)

Kirkcaldy, Lochgelly, Lochore, Newburgh, Rosyth, Stoneyburn, West Calder, Pub team 1, Pub team 2

I believe the other options are 2 x 18, or no change at all.

9 and 10 team leagues for eternity.........

The 2x10 or 2x18 approaches presumably also means a playoff for the East Region Championship, then a Lowland League playoff semi final and possibility of a Lowland League playoff final. That's if they are still sticking to the Tier 6 idea.

They'd have to play 3 or 4 times each I presume. 

3 seems the more likely when factoring in the cups ie junior, east junior then either fife & lothians or the inter-regional. Not sure if they'd keep the new east region league cup.  

For comparison the west plays a 30 game season has junior, west of scotland, the new merged sectional & evening times cup. The north playing 26 or 24 depending on division has junior, north regional, grill league cup, inter-regional then a league cup for each division (theres also a super cup for superleague & north regional cup winners).

14 minutes ago, Wee Call said:

I’d like to see the haws dundonald St. Andrews and Oakley back in the juniors at tier 6 that’s 4 more away games next season than this . Also can’t see why Burntisland wouldn’t be interested in joining juniors they’d be at tier 6 in the pyramid just the same or am I missing something?

See when your a troll everyone knows it

1 hour ago, Wee Call said:

I’d like to see the haws dundonald St. Andrews and Oakley back in the juniors at tier 6 that’s 4 more away games next season than this . Also can’t see why Burntisland wouldn’t be interested in joining juniors they’d be at tier 6 in the pyramid just the same or am I missing something?

Far better to combine the EoSL and ERJFA into a single cohesive unit which will enable clubs to progress/regress to their own respective levels either within a Premier League or a lower level local district competitions for the diddy clubs.  This should deliver a really competitive Fife/West Lothian division that Wee Call seems to aspire to with plenty of away games in the near vicinity.

I think some heads need banging together to get rid of the Junior / Senior divide and terminate this debate. 

The SFA in my view urgently needs some medication to overcome their prolonged impotence in properly addressing the issue.

Edited by Pyramidic

Those plans (if true) get scuppered awful quick if a few move to the EOS.

I assume it'll be clubs playing each other 3 times a season for 27 & 24 games in each division.
Who wants to play in 9 and 10 team leagues forever? I cant see this getting popular suppport but who knows.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
Those plans (if true) get scuppered awful quick if a few move to the EOS.

I assume it'll be clubs playing each other 3 times a season for 27 & 24 games in each division.

Who wants to play in 9 and 10 team leagues forever? I cant see this getting popular suppport but who knows.

Seems to work in the SPFL

Come off it there’s been loads of cricket scores in the EoSL and again for clarity it wasn’t me who called anyone a pub team.
the EOS is in a transitional phase. The teams scudding teams & those getting scudded are going to be in different leagues next season.

17 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Clubs in the spfl hate it hence why those clubs want larger leagues!

No they don't.

There's been numerous opportunities to restructure the leagues, and thankfully the 12/10/10/10 has remained. Nearly every team playing for something right up until the last week or two is essential for the sport.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Burnieman  called the teams that are currently playing amateur that intend to join the juniors as pub teams.  Meanwhile back n the EOS junior league reality heres a local derby at Fauldhouse yesterday.

Dy-uJqyWkAAKQnz.jpg:large

Actually, that was how the information was provided to me, far be it for me to alter the wording :whistle

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Burnieman  called the teams that are currently playing amateur that intend to join the juniors as pub teams.  Meanwhile back n the EOS junior league reality heres a local derby at Fauldhouse yesterday.

no comment lol

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

For a groundhopper like myself it is a nice photo.  Thanks.  Did you do a headcount?

Edited by Pyramidic