Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

On 28/03/2019 at 19:28, Blackie Gold said:

Cove are a really good side, and are definately geared up for the move. They took Talbot to two games showing how good a side they are.:thumsup2

Yep.  C'mon Cove.

Which also means that it will only be about 3 or 4 years before Talbot are in SPFL Div 2 . We all can't wait !!!  Assuming of course,  the SFA are still issuing Club Licences at that time.

from Uncle Bob

PS don't forget to put your clocks forward tonight. Yawn.

Intriguing to see how this will go from here. I am glad all the eos and LL stuck by the current set up and a avec sent those trying to over ride their current processes a strong message. 

36 minutes ago, Robert James said:

It is to the credit of the EoSL that the new clubs, which joined the league at the beginning of this season, seem to have fully embraced the seniors.

On Monday the EoSL is expected to announce how many new clubs have applied to join the league for next season. Assuming they follow their normal practice, they won't disclose the names of the applicant  clubs at this stage.

They never actually announced anything after March 31st last year.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/substantial-number-of-teams-apply-for-eos-league-1-4717330

There was rumours over who it would be, it wasn't until Inverkeithing made their announcement that even numbers were public and that didn't happen until 7th April. So there's still a waiting game to go.

image.png.76ecda82877dc1ae756a367ec2f4fbe5.png

It's meant to be the 4 way playoff between the EoS, SoS, West Premiership and East Super League champions for one promotion spot to the Lowland League.

One relegation spot from 16 team Lowland League into 3/4 regional divisions and SPFL gets called a closed shop....hmmmmm

4 minutes ago, Shannon said:

One relegation spot from 16 team Lowland League into 3/4 regional divisions and SPFL gets called a closed shop....hmmmmm

It's not a Lowland League proposal. First time it came out as a suggestion it seemed to come from the SJFA side of the negotiation. So far as the rumour was meant to be a fixed playoff with West Premiership v. East Super League and SoS v. EoS in the semi finals every year before a final was contested. Now what's being proposed is meant to be from the SFA.

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

current it is 0 1 or 2 teams relegated any change could mean up to 3 teams relegated from 16 which is excesive.

53 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

In another vote turkeys didn’t vote for Xmas.

I'm glad you're finally grasping the situation, to use a topical phrase, a bad deal definitely isn't better than a no deal.  Back to the drawing board for the SFA and time to start listening.

Bankies in EoS next season?

12 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yep.  C'mon Cove.

Which also means that it will only be about 3 or 4 years before Talbot are in SPFL Div 2 . We all can't wait !!!  Assuming of course,  the SFA are still issuing Club Licences at that time.

from Uncle Bob

PS don't forget to put your clocks forward tonight. Yawn.

And the shitfest that is Scottish football will be all the better when Talbot arrive.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm glad you're finally grasping the situation, to use a topical phrase, a bad deal definitely isn't better than a no deal.  Back to the drawing board for the SFA and time to start listening.

Bankies in EoS next season?

Best guess at this point bugger all happens for 2019/20 except that Junior teams are allowed to get licensed. Then Lowland League 2 (in whatever format) hoovers up licenced clubs in 2020/21.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Best guess at this point bugger all happens for 2019/20 except that Junior teams are allowed to get licensed. Then Lowland League 2 (in whatever format) hoovers up licenced clubs in 2020/21.

I think the Lowland League need to come to the table fairly quickly with details of what it is they are thinking about, this all needs to be in the open.

The other big issue I believe is the SJFA administering their own discipline, a big red line as far as the LL are concerned.  The SFA claim too much work, well if they want progress they need to find resource and play fair to everyone.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think the Lowland League need to come to the table fairly quickly with details of what it is they are thinking about, this all needs to be in the open.

The other big issue I believe is the SJFA administering their own discipline, a big red line as far as the LL are concerned.  The SFA claim too much work, well if they want progress they need to find resource and play fair to everyone.

I'm surprised LL2 never got a mention in the November and January minutes. It was out in the public domain from October that the LL had formed their own working group regarding setting one up. Yet it never gets brought up once.

Have the HL ever been consulted regarding the discipline situation or has it purely been a 'sub group' ie south thing?

Also regarding the SFA proposal have the SOS been polled on it? You'd think they would've seeing as they are part of the proposal.

Have the HL ever been consulted regarding the discipline situation or has it purely been a 'sub group' ie south thing?

Also regarding the SFA proposal have the SOS been polled on it? You'd think they would've seeing as they are part of the proposal.
Re the SoS, I guess they will have consulted their clubs as well.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

From what I hear licensing will be getting stopped anyway.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...for clubs beneath tier 5? They won't be stopping it for the Professional Game Board level.

Aye, plus you don't need to be licenced below tier 5 anyway.