Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Unless the standard magically changes, youre still faced with the reality that most players in an SPFL Premier U20 side will not go on to have full-time football careers, let alone be making up international sides. An extension of the loan system would seem, to me anyway, just as effective as having these guys playing L2 football week in, week out out for a Colt outfit. JUst as a random selection, of Dundee Utd's U20s in 13-14 (who did not play a 1st team game that season), I can see 3 still playing full-time.

I would agree with that players arn't suddenly going to be superstars - if your good enough you will always make it in the most part unless your a headbanger off the park. Loans are also a hit and a miss depends on the attitude of the player getting loaned out I suppose.

The west of Scotland league is clearly the most logical step in integration. Give it a couple of seasons and the Lowland League can be split East and West with the South of Scotland clubs moved in at various levels.

These things take time and should be done in stages. BSC are well within their rights to suggest change as are any other club.

That said there is no way that a BSC reserve side should be anywhere near these proposals. Old firm colts are a possibility but a BSC reserve would bring absolutely nothing to the table. In an ideal situation there really shouldn't be Annan, stranraer or Stirling uni reserves within the pyramid currently.

24 minutes ago, energyzone said:
7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
I suspect 2018 will bring about significant change, but it will involve Junior clubs having to jump ship rather than integrate with the Pyramid in an orderly manner.
The WoSFL is a solid idea and the SJFA should engage positively with it, but then again who knows, the SJFA doesn't consult its members. Clubs should be up in arms at this.

Integration could happen if the clubs present a united front (if common ground can be found). As with everything, the clubs hold the power and not the SJFA. If a good number of top clubs approach the authorities and demand a WOS league then it will happen. The ones that are left behind will go eventually.

Given that (as far as I am aware) there has not been any meaningful consultation with Junior clubs by the SJFA  regarding the Pyramid in about 5 years, who knows what TJ is going to be talking about on Friday, I can't see how he can accurately represent current opinion as the SJFA heirachy simply don't talk in any constructive way on the matter with its members.  The guy from Kelty's post illustrates this.

2 hours ago, kefc said:

Kelty tried to arrange meetings with TJ on numerous occasions, we tried to get a meeting with all clubs East/West, they were refused. he didn’t think we were serious and 100% thought we wouldn’t leave, we obviously were bold enough to make an easy decision after our research, we lost all faith. We even had a parting shot email upon our EOS acceptance were we were asked if we had read the rules and that 12 months had to be given to resign from the SJFA, which we highlighted was wrong, absolutely staggering.

Some clubs including us in the past were maybe afraid to speak up, the noisy children in the class are never liked. It’s ironic that in just 5 months since we left that there are big discussions being held and TJ will be at the centre of them, after we were degraded publicly by him the landscape hasn’t half changed in such a short space of time making some look silly. Be interesting to see how this pans out.

I doubt it will pan out well, a leopard doesn't change it's spots afterall.

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Given that (as far as I am aware) there has not been any meaningful consultation with Junior clubs by the SJFA  regarding the Pyramid in about 5 years, who knows what TJ is going to be talking about on Friday, I can't see how he can accurately represent current opinion as the SJFA heirachy simply don't talk in any constructive way on the matter with its members.  The guy from Kelty's post illustrates this.

I`ll ask  again, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE AGENDA IS FOR THIS SO CALLED SECRET MEETING ON FRIDAY IS?  If the answer is NO, then everything else is just speculation and your personal opinion. If I happen to disagree with that then that`s my perogative and I`ll continue to comment as I see fit regardless of who you think I may or may not be.....What you could do though is get your club delegate to formally approach the SJFA and ask for clarification on the matter. Just a thought. Or maybe your club aren`t really looking at making the step into the pyramid (whatever that is) as a result of the potential financial implications  and it`s just you making a noise just because you can....

3 hours ago, kefc said:

Glesgaboy’s post history is certainly interesting if you look over 50% of his posts are pro SJFA, constantly bleating on about its the clubs and not the SJFAs responsibility to propose, plan and push through change.

TJ is the leader of a 160 club association, if he thinks his job is to wait for clubs to propose action to improve the grade he is the leader of then imo he’s wrong, there’s a complete lack of leadership and respect to the clubs here.

-Its like an M.D. of a business sitting and expecting their staff to plan, propose, lead, come up with ideas and drive changes to the business. That just doesn’t happen, the company would be broken. An M.D. plans, comes up with creative ideas to always improve then it can be left for the staff get on with it.

-Its like a Football Club plodding along waiting for their supporters to come up with an idea to improve the club, it doesn’t happen. Office bearers and leaders of a club look at ways to improve and lead change.

Kelty tried to arrange meetings with TJ on numerous occasions, we tried to get a meeting with all clubs East/West, they were refused. he didn’t think we were serious and 100% thought we wouldn’t leave, we obviously were bold enough to make an easy decision after our research, we lost all faith. We even had a parting shot email upon our EOS acceptance were we were asked if we had read the rules and that 12 months had to be given to resign from the SJFA, which we highlighted was wrong, absolutely staggering.

Some clubs including us in the past were maybe afraid to speak up, the noisy children in the class are never liked. It’s ironic that in just 5 months since we left that there are big discussions being held and TJ will be at the centre of them, after we were degraded publicly by him the landscape hasn’t half changed in such a short space of time making some look silly. Be interesting to see how this pans out.

SJFA must lead, they must be creative in ways to improve always otherwise people will lose faith which in all honesty probably set in years ago. The clubs are the losers here as most are doing some incredible work on and off the pitch by showing, ahem leadership and creative thinking on ways to improve led by the clubs office bearers.

Thanks for taking the time to review my posting history.............absolutely nothing like a creepy assclown poking around in your posting history to get your attention. What I would say is that your club has taken a step on the path that they think will be best suited for them and perhaps if you have as much spare time as it appears then maybe you could offer them your services to make sure that they don`t falter on the journey............. Before you go though please feel free to tell me which particular part of my posts was incorrect in terms of the clubs having control and the power to make change.......

2 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Thanks for taking the time to review my posting history.............absolutely nothing like a creepy assclown poking around in your posting history to get your attention. What I would say is that your club has taken a step on the path that they think will be best suited for them and perhaps if you have as much spare time as it appears then maybe you could offer them your services to make sure that they don`t falter on the journey............. Before you go though please feel free to tell me which particular part of my posts was incorrect in terms of the clubs having control and the power to make change.......

Creepy assclown who doesn’t hide under an alias to most on here which probably includes yourself. I’m sure we will stumble at times like most other clubs and i give most if not all of my time to my club, thanks for being concerned.

My opinion probably means f*ck all to you  tbh but the guys in charge of the SJFA taking a salary should lead from the front imo, end of. Relying on clubs and other people to come up with ideas to improve is a cop out but hey you obviously think different.

I`ll ask  again, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE AGENDA IS FOR THIS SO CALLED SECRET MEETING ON FRIDAY IS?  If the answer is NO, then everything else is just speculation and your personal opinion. If I happen to disagree with that then that`s my perogative and I`ll continue to comment as I see fit regardless of who you think I may or may not be.....What you could do though is get your club delegate to formally approach the SJFA and ask for clarification on the matter. Just a thought. Or maybe your club aren`t really looking at making the step into the pyramid (whatever that is) as a result of the potential financial implications  and it`s just you making a noise just because you can....

What a bizarre reply, seems like a nerve has been touched. Of course everything is my own opinion, it's an internet forum for that very purpose. What my club has to do with this I don't know, they have their own opinion.

People can make up their own mind as to who you are based on your responses.

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What a bizarre reply, seems like a nerve has been touched. Of course everything is my own opinion, it's an internet forum for that very purpose. What my club has to do with this I don't know, they have their own opinion.

People can make up their own mind as to who you are based on your responses.

What in particular makes it bizarre in your opinion.? I notice that again you`ve chose to ignore the direct question so I`ll assume that you know as much as everyone else does in relation to Friday`s agenda.....When it suits your point of view then you freely reference  your clubs position or view so surely in this instance if it`s that important to you then you would have your club delegate lobby the SJFA for clarity...No?   I`ve read your comments across previous threads and as soon as someone has an opinion or thought that differs from yours you attempt to deride them. Well as you say it`s an internet forum so I`ll continue to post regardless of who you think I may or may not be. Time will tell how matters unfold.......

Wow! High Tom[emoji23] [emoji23] meltdown

21 minutes ago, kefc said:

Creepy assclown who doesn’t hide under an alias to most on here which probably includes yourself. I’m sure we will stumble at times like most other clubs and i give most if not all of my time to my club, thanks for being concerned.

My opinion probably means f*ck all to you  tbh but the guys in charge of the SJFA taking a salary should lead from the front imo, end of. Relying on clubs and other people to come up with ideas to improve is a cop out but hey you obviously think different.

No thanks required. You`re correct in as much as your opinion means very little if anything to me. How many people are actually on a salary at the SJFA ? You`ve no idea what I think on the matter because I`ve not commented on it thus far but what I will say now is that it is incumbant on both the member clubs and the SJFA to be progressive both in terms of the game as it currently stands and the improvement of it going forward........ 

5 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Wow! High Tomemoji23.png emoji23.png meltdown

I`ll try and keep it simple for you as you seem to equate any sort of  reasoned argument as a meltdown..... it`s Hi you clown and not High, which is what you appear to be......are you going to contribute anything of any substance or just sit playing with yourself and giggling whilst typing with one finger........

What in particular makes it bizarre in your opinion.? I notice that again you`ve chose to ignore the direct question so I`ll assume that you know as much as everyone else does in relation to Friday`s agenda.....When it suits your point of view then you freely reference  your clubs position or view so surely in this instance if it`s that important to you then you would have your club delegate lobby the SJFA for clarity...No?   I`ve read your comments across previous threads and as soon as someone has an opinion or thought that differs from yours you attempt to deride them. Well as you say it`s an internet forum so I`ll continue to post regardless of who you think I may or may not be. Time will tell how matters unfold.......

Bizarre that you seem not to understand what a forum is about. It's for people to write their opinion, speculate, criticise, praise, argue, in fact just chat about a topic that interests them. You then got your caps lock stuck and ranted. Then you called someone a half assclown. Bizarre behaviour.

So for the benefit of the doubt I'm speculating, as are others, about what is on the agenda. We're here to do that whether you like it or not. Since you seem to know then maybe you can update us all?

As for my club, read my signature and try and understand it once and for all.

I`ll try and keep it simple for you as you seem to equate any sort of  reasoned argument as a meltdown..... it`s Hi you clown and not High, which is what you appear to be......are you going to contribute anything of any substance or just sit playing with yourself and giggling whilst typing with one finger........

Hi.

Listen mate, I'm an interested observer here and jotted down some opinions over the last few pages. I'd like to see the Juniors in the Pyramid, I watch a bit of Lowland League and they should be involved. Junior clubs are being lead by donkeys.

You come across as a right roaster having a complete meltdown, I hope for Junior fitba's sake you're not Tom Johnstone or anything to do with the running of the game otherwise donkeys is being kind.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Bizarre that you seem not to understand what a forum is about. It's for people to write their opinion, speculate, criticise, praise, argue, in fact just chat about a topic that interests them. You then got your caps lock stuck and ranted. Then you called someone a half assclown. Bizarre behaviour.

So for the benefit of the doubt I'm speculating, as are others, about what is on the agenda. We're here to do that whether you like it or not. Since you seem to know then maybe you can update us all?

As for my club, read my signature and try and understand it once and for all.

I`ve read your signature. Bizarre in as much as there are actually no such thing as dinosaurs, you do know that don`t you? At no point did I say you were on your clubs committee. I said that perhaps you should approach your club delegate (as a fan then surely your club will take on board your views and act accordingly) and ask them to contact the SJFA for clarity on the matter.

Just now, Goalie Hamish said:

Hi.

Listen mate, I'm an interested observer here and jotted down some opinions over the last few pages. I'd like to see the Juniors in the Pyramid, I watch a bit of Lowland League and they should be involved. Junior clubs are being lead by donkeys.

You come across as a right roaster having a complete meltdown, I hope for Junior fitba's sake you're not Tom Johnstone or anything to do with the running of the game otherwise donkeys is being kind.

So your observations include questioning who I am because I may have a different opinion from you which in turn somehow invalidates my views?? Don`t think so. Thankfully you have confirmed that you`re only an observer otherwise you would be writing up the constitution for a new league on the other side of the fag packet that the BSC proposal was written on. 

So your observations include questioning who I am because I may have a different opinion from you which in turn somehow invalidates my views?? Don`t think so. Thankfully you have confirmed that you`re only an observer otherwise you would be writing up the constitution for a new league on the other side of the fag packet that the BSC proposal was written on. 

Aye because your posts are a wee bit embarrassing to the Junior grade and it's rather obvious who you are.

The proposals on a back of a fag packet appear to be more than the Junior leaders have ever come up with. Donkeys.

14 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Bizarre in as much as there are actually no such thing as dinosaurs, you do know that don`t you?

There are in junior football. It's a frighteningly backward looking organisation. 

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Aye because your posts are a wee bit embarrassing to the Junior grade and it's rather obvious who you are.

The proposals on a back of a fag packet appear to be more than the Junior leaders have ever come up with. Donkeys.

Embarrassing how?