The BIG strip the titles thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was no surprise the announcement yesterday from SPFL. A definite fudge of the issue. Whatever your view, the titles that were won will always have a cloud and a question mark hanging over them. It will forever remain a stain on the record books.

The most telling thing about the whole saga was the statements of McLeish and Murray. McLeish stated that Rangers would never have been able to sign the players they had without the use of the EBT schemes and so did Murray, in court. McLeish even put it into context in his statement but pointing out that the difference one year was only 1 point, as if someone is writing the scripts for this.

Like i said, that is the most telling thing for me. When the manager and chairman of the club, the people who are at the heart of identifying and sanctioning wage packages for players say this, it can only place doubt over the titles. 

Rangers, or whatever they are nowadays, really dodged a bullet with this one. Whether they believe it is for the good of Scottish football, rightly justified or plain and simple got away with it matters not. The two main men at the centre of the club's signing and purse strings said what they did.

Rangers fans will gloat about this and this is to be expected. Much like people who got away with a speeding ticket on a technicality or even someone who got off with murder with the double jeopardy rule. It plays into their arrogant and triumphalist outlook on things.

The only thing that matters to them is that they can harp on about their 54 titles, albeit the argument will rumble on if they are the same club. 

If I am to indulge the fantasy that they are the same club for a second, they can have their 54 titles. I never really supported the handing of the titles to anyone else. I will quite happily and patiently wait for the day very soon however when Celtic surpass their record in the coming years. And surpass it by a few more. I will then indulge their fantasy even more and then point out that Celtic done it in less years than they did. 

3 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

It was no surprise the announcement yesterday from SPFL. A definite fudge of the issue. Whatever your view, the titles that were won will always have a cloud and a question mark hanging over them. It will forever remain a stain on the record books.

The most telling thing about the whole saga was the statements of McLeish and Murray. McLeish stated that Rangers would never have been able to sign the players they had without the use of the EBT schemes and so did Murray, in court. McLeish even put it into context in his statement but pointing out that the difference one year was only 1 point, as if someone is writing the scripts for this.

Like i said, that is the most telling thing for me. When the manager and chairman of the club, the people who are at the heart of identifying and sanctioning wage packages for players say this, it can only place doubt over the titles. 

Rangers, or whatever they are nowadays, really dodged a bullet with this one. Whether they believe it is for the good of Scottish football, rightly justified or plain and simple got away with it matters not. The two main men at the centre of the club's signing and purse strings said what they did.

Rangers fans will gloat about this and this is to be expected. Much like people who got away with a speeding ticket on a technicality or even someone who got off with murder with the double jeopardy rule. It plays into their arrogant and triumphalist outlook on things.

The only thing that matters to them is that they can harp on about their 54 titles, albeit the argument will rumble on if they are the same club. 

If I am to indulge the fantasy that they are the same club for a second, they can have their 54 titles. I never really supported the handing of the titles to anyone else. I will quite happily and patiently wait for the day very soon however when Celtic surpass their record in the coming years. And surpass it by a few more. I will then indulge their fantasy even more and then point out that Celtic done it in less years than they did. 

Right that's twice this has been compared to murder . Can people place take their heid out there arse ffs  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Love it 

considering using it as my profile picture 

54 glorious titles 

I reckon you have an earring, own a Rangers necklace, have at least two awful tattoos, and still live with your mum. 

28 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It's a pretty far flung analogy and just comes across as demented ramblings . It's a football enquiry ffs . 

I agree that murder is a tad hyperbolic.  Which crime would you like it compared to instead?  Your choice.

28 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It's a pretty far flung analogy and just comes across as demented ramblings . It's a football enquiry ffs . 

It doesn't come across that way at all though, does it?

'Getting away with murder' is a pretty well worn expression.  You hide behind a literal reading of it because you can't challenge the central idea that Rangers have not received a suitable sanction for an extremely serious football offence.

Archived