LEAFA SAT LEAGUES

Cocoleafa

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

Just saw the leafa select squad for game on Sunday seems bit weird none of the St Bernards boys in it considering there sitting top of prem and in a major final .... 

At the time of the first trials. We had a lot of injuries and trained the same night so none of the boys were available as we had to come first. 

A few have all been offered since then but  refuses as none of them fancy it or enjoy it. 

On 02/04/2018 at 15:21, FIFASplatter said:

Ive got a funny feeling when Craigshill play Sandys Sandys will let them win depending on tonights results i reckon St Bernards will beat Craigshill tonight and i cant see Sandys doing St Bernards a favour by beating Craigshill and basically handing them the league St Bernards arent gona drop any points in there remaining fixtures and i agree Sandys have the best squad on paper but the leagues out of there hands and as i said ive a feeling Sandys will not do St Bernards a favour 

Sandys would never go into a football match with the mind set of allowing opposition to win the game. If you win the league then you deserve it over the course of the season. Suggesting we would lie down to anyone is ridiculous, even if we had nothing to play for it would never happen.

Saw st Bernards signed Conan didn't think u did sign a player after the 31st March if he was still signed with another club ?? Cause if he wasn't signd with a club how can leafa still include him in the select squad for Sunday's final  !!

2 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

Saw st Bernards signed Conan didn't think u did sign a player after the 31st March if he was still signed with another club ?? Cause if he wasn't signd with a club how can leafa still include him in the select squad for Sunday's final  !!

Good question??

29 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

So he's signed with a Sunday team but plays in a Saturday  inter league select team !!!

As far as I’m aware it’s an association select team meaning any players affiliated with LEAFA can be selected. 

24 minutes ago, xnxx said:

Or bending rules to suit?

I’d imagine there isn’t a rule to bend. Either you are eligible or not? 

Either way I couldn’t really care, I’m not a fan of these select games anyway and I’d doesnt affect my club as other than Conan who just signed, the rest of the boys knocked back the opportunity to be part of it. 

I’d imagine there isn’t a rule to bend. Either you are eligible or not? 
Either way I couldn’t really care, I’m not a fan of these select games anyway and I’d doesnt affect my club as other than Conan who just signed, the rest of the boys knocked back the opportunity to be part of it. 
Fair enough mate, we don't have the luxury of Sunday football in our area now. Good luck in the final

17 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

Looks like St Bernards have peaked too soon and there league title race is over wouldn't be surprised if they get beat on Friday nite now against a fallin team who are flying just now 

I wouldn’t say we have peaked too soon, 2 draws and 2 defeats in our last 4 games are far from ideal after winning 17 games in a row before that but we got very unfortunate with a serious of injuries at the same time to players In positions we had no cover. We also simply came up against decent sides and teams that badly wanted to take points off us or beat us, no excuses.

It’s happened at a bad time for us but we won’t moan about it or let it get us down. League now is gone, we have a major final to compete on Friday, that would have been a hard game regardless of current form so I’m not too concerned about that. 

Boys now need to bounce back and prove they are far from peaked. 

I think it will be a cracking game on Friday, St bernards maybe not been at there best in recent weeks but when they click not many teams are on there level. but form goes out the window in a cup final, seen Fallin a few times this year also and look like a very young engergetic team who like to play with some great players . But I wouldn't write St Bernards off they have been written off all season and have suprised a lot of people . May the best team win.

2 teams who play football the right way.

Big games this weekend! St Bernard’s flying the flag for LEAFA in the east of Scotland cup. Confidence might be low but I’m sure they will come out on top. 

Sandys going to make it another semi final win on Saturday and craigshill v tollcross will be a good game but I fancy craigshill v sandys final. 

Championship is going right down to the wire not sure who will win that, 

east and west look wrapped up

and the intermediate league top 2 is looking good even though the rest of the teams are useless 

• 1 month later...

Archived