Berwick Rangers v Clyde

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I suspect we'll see that in a lot of posts this season.

I was dyin for him to sign from what I'd heard about him, so far not impressed if I'm honest... made a couple of good saves against Killie

Probably just short of a smash and grab. The front two of Clyde looked threatening throughout.

Mckenna came to life when we got our second but for a change grafted throughout.

Lav worked but the game passed him by. Stewart and Irving looked composed and Irving (obviously with his two goals) looked like he wanted to run in behind. Looking forward to seeing how he turns out this year.

Rutherford was full of running but very little else. Seems as though he tries to get his body set rather than trying to play the ball. Seen the frustration on the bench for him and it was no suprise he came off.

Murrell was a shrewd addition, to keep him on and fit, he's sure to bag goals this year.

Chrissy Mac was outstanding and he will be our best signing this summer.

The rest of the back four looked suspect. I think Fleming will come good, but with fairbairn on the bench, I can't help but feel that there was more experience we could have called upon. That being said, we will not come up against a striker with the same sort of quality as goodwillie this year.

Overall, a great result which we did probably did not deserve. Looking forward to Stirling away next week, only downside is Blair seems to be MIA.

On 8/5/2017 at 17:33, cfcuk said:

Don't think anyone will go for the jugular but he has to sort out the defence and some of the midfield

Just the usual s**** start to another
Season it's a Clyde tradition emoji6.png

First time in 8 seasons we've lost the first game in the League - but you carry on with your negativity.

Maybe its is a good omen that  we lost this time. 

Watching the highlights, think the Clyde have nothing to worry about, liked their front two,  a mixture guile and pace and on another day....?  Take the result, young team playing for each other, great free kick and two class composed finishes from Irving, Did someone say top of the League?

Just had a look at the League 2 round up on the BBC Sport website. The angle I had at the game and the highlights obviously don't do Goodwillie's 35 yarder justice...
Capture.PNG.47bb50fefabe1a3b2cdc8967524570d2.PNG

Yeah, I saw that and thought I was watching the wrong highlights! Have we re-sized our box from 18 to 35 yards?! [emoji23]

Just watched the highlights in full; we had enough chances to win 10 games. That said of course if we don't take them its irrelevant, coupled to the fact we are still as last year unable to defend, not only as a defensive back line but as a unit within the team i.e. midfield does not protect well enough at all. 

At the risk of repeating myself again; we are well short, particularly in form of a proper Centre Half and a midfield player(s) who can put their foot on the ball and create or one who can get about the park effectively, break up play and protect the back 4. Otherwise mid table at best

This is not reaction to Saturday; Its based on the games I have seen so far this year. 

First time in 8 seasons we've lost the first game in the League - but you carry on with your negativity.
Maybe its is a good omen that  we lost this time. 

Never thought of that let's hope we lose the next four could be a sign of a really great season ahead [emoji106]

Just watched the highlights in full; we had enough chances to win 10 games. That said of course if we don't take them its irrelevant, coupled to the fact we are still as last year unable to defend, not only as a defensive back line but as a unit within the team i.e. midfield does not protect well enough at all. 
At the risk of repeating myself again; we are well short, particularly in form of a proper Centre Half and a midfield player(s) who can put their foot on the ball and create or one who can get about the park effectively, break up play and protect the back 4. Otherwise mid table at best
This is not reaction to Saturday; Its based on the games I have seen so far this year. 

Expect a visit from the negativity police any opinion that isn't towing the party line has been outlawed down broadwood way [emoji6]

Everything will be fine it's a good sign losing the first league game of the season [emoji106]

Ps you are absolutely spot on

All clyde4ever did was correct your BS quip of 'just the usual s**** start to another season, it's a Clyde tradition' by pointing out we have only lost the first game once in 8 years.

His statement of 'Maybe it is a good omen that we lost this time' is simply a reflection on the above factor and it's influence on the remainder of the season, mainly that whilst we haven't lost an opener in 8 years we also haven't been promoted in the same time-frame.

I know patronising and condescending chat is your party-piece but do you honestly need everything explained to you like a five year old? Stop reading into things so much and begging to be offended. I agree there is work to be done, but given it's the first game of the season there is plenty of time to work upon correcting the mistakes made on Saturday.
Only a muppet would 'go for the jugular' at this point.

[emoji106]

Archived