League predictions

HoofIT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who have Thorn lost?

Wilson at the back,deano in midfield and the big guy tom up front signed a few players who look like adequate replacements from what I've seen and heard hopefully a decent season ahead.

Where have they all gone?

Not sure m8 I'm not involved in the club I've just seen them on a few occasions over the years and the progression is there to see decent standard good teamwork the difficulty at this level is keeping teams together.

I agree that Gartcosh have the best keeper in amateur football and think they've done really well to hang onto him. I've said before that they'll struggle in the Central though and stand by that.

Monk isn't the best in the amateur game, well overrated. Gartcosh will do really well in central 1b. That section lacks any real stand out teams.

I agree with 'Gunner' above apart from Dalziel for the Caley Premier. In my opinion they won't even be close.

Dumbarton, Doune and Thorn will all finish above them.

Colville
Bridgewater
Blantyre Celtic

Dumbarton
Larkhall (depending on suspensions)
EKYM

St Joes for the SAFL.

Have dalziel lost loads that makes you think they won't be close? Doune have lost a few so can't seeing them being up there they were awful last year.

Wilson at the back,deano in midfield and the big guy tom up front signed a few players who look like adequate replacements from what I've seen and heard hopefully a decent season ahead.

They will be a loss. I seen them a few times last season and they seemed to struggle to keep the same 11 often, more so than most teams I'd say. The boy Deano (Dean Scott) is a great player on his day but didn't start that many games that I seen for some reason.

I'm going on posts in here over the summer about losing players mate. Particularly the big centre half.

I heard they lost 1 player resigned every other player and signed 2/3 from junior teams. If that's correct I can certainly see them being up there. Doune have lost a few to bannockburn. Giffnock are apparently weaker having lost maybe up to 5 quality players. I agree thorn and dumbarton will be up there though.

Dalzeil were lucky last year.
Gartcosh for me. 

What a load of bollocks. How can you go through an entire league season only losing one game and be lucky to win the title? Dalziel were thoroughly deserved winners of the cally last year. If they have replaced the centre half who went to Shotts then I fancy them to win it again this year.

Who have Bannockburn signed to replace their departures?

A few doune lads, but couldn't say if they've actually signed with them or just there having a look. They still need to address the goalkeeper situation.

I was impressed with Bannockburn the few times I seen them last season but there's no denying the boys they've lost are a huge loss to them.

Which Doune players are they looking at? I can't think of anyone that would be a sufficient replacement for the boys they've lost. Although I know the Doune keeper was chucking it for 'work reasons'.

8 hours ago, montheton said:

Inverclyde look a good shout for Safl. They have assembled a large squad and some verybgood players.

What's the story here? They brought a lot of new players in?

It's good to hear about potential dark horses.

I managed to watch bannockburn on Saturday v dalziel then colvile v shortlees after it. Considering who bannockburn lost they still looked decent maybe need to add 2 quality players though. Was a winger and centre mid from doune, one possibly was ogilive but not %100 on that. Both guys started for doune last season in the games I saw. Hasn't the doune keeper signed for colvile park?

I'll go with the below.

Central Prem - Southside, Central 1a - Steins,Central 1b - Wishaw. 1B is pretty poor actually. 

Caly Prem - Giffnock. Won't be as bad as a lot of people are saying. Rab is a good manager. Caly 1a - Larkhall. Caly 1b - EKYM

SAFL - Goldenhill

Ayrshire - Hurlford

SSMAFL - Tynecastle

Archived