Fannybawz Traynor On Scotland

St Sid

Here's an extract from Jim Traynor who must be getting a share of the football hotline takings. His criticism of Jock Stein is clearly there to noise up the green bigots. I think its a digraceful slur on a great Scottish Manager who achieved the ultimate Euro prize with a team of Scottish players and died getting Scotland a place in the world cup finals. :rolleyes:

For some strange reason managers - starting with Jock Stein whose strange low-key, cautious approach with Scotland, which betrayed his philosophy with Celtic - killed much of the ferocious desire which surrounded Scotland. Eventually we were left with players robbed of their belief.

The SFA of the time were Stein's accomplices but, worse than that, they didn't encourage youth development and so now we are left with a bunch of willing but often awe-struck conscripts.

And when we do come across someone different you get the feeling the SFA would rather have the Home Office confiscate the passports of maverick players, who would also be under court order to report to their nearest police stations on international match days.

You don't believe me? Then why is it so damned difficult to get James McFadden into the senior Scotland squad? What's the problem, are we waiting for the young Motherwell tearaway to mellow and discard that don't-give-a-damn attitude which marks him as unusual and quite possibly special?

The point is, Celtic should be forced to share with the rest of us whatever it is that keeps them going and continues to lift them to extraordinary heights. And if Martin O'Neill won't help then I say let's try to pilfer some for the national team.

Believe me, Celtic have what we need if we are to get through the next two European Championship qualfying ties against Iceland at Hampden on Saturday and Lithuania four days later.

Vogts would have seen that at Anfield, but then again if you listen to him speak you know that he is aware of what we have misplaced and he is trying to instil in our players that which our kind once had in abundance. It was like we had fished a little extra from the gene pool, something which made us crazy enough to stand in the mouths of tunnels all around the world and look swarthy, sculpted foreigners up and down. And then smirk.

Didn't always work, of course, but if you don't believe you won't achieve and Scottish players - with their little legs, which always seemed shorter than everyone else's - and their barrel chests, did sort out some supremely- gifted players.

But, as I say, managers like Stein and then Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown got their excuses for failure in early telling us all we shouldn't ask for too much, that Scotland is far too small a nation to have high hopes.

We heard this crap so often we lowered the bar of expectation and now look at us. We're down among the also-rans and isn't it ironic that we are now relying on a foreigner to restore passion?

Guest mabozza ricci

St.Sid im gonnae get pelters for this but i agree wi the guy 100%. For me, the last great Scotland manager was Ally McLeod, ok the guy made an arse of Argentina 78 but he went there with the belief that we could win it, and left a country believing it too. He only forgot to tell the players! No seriously this type of thing is what pisses me off. Constant negativity towards Scotland from EVERY corner is partly to blame for leaving us in this mess. How can you slate Traynor when the guy is hurting as badly as we are? Those bloody English rip our game to pieces week upon week, and us as stupid b*stards listen to them- what the hell have they acheived lately? What ever happened to us being the single most determined people on the planet? Who has the right to tell us we are crap without even giving us a second thought? Is it because we only have 5 million souls? Dont give me that sh1te either. We can still compete with the top nations, in the 70s we were one of the best teams in the world, and it can be doen again. From Stein, through Roxburgh, then Brown and now Vogts, all we have heard of is how bad we are, how we should not look for too much- i say we look for new people to listen to, and Traynor along with McNee are the only ones saying it publicly. I will be there at Hampden on Saturday, where i believe evry true football fan in this country should at least attempt to be, but you wont catch me dancing in the aisles singig songs of praise for Vogts, like i never was for Brown, but the players deserve someone to give them Proper backing.MonnaScotland.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Traynor has sadly employed his usual tactic of creating controversy rather than putting forward a balanced argument. There is also no mention of Sir Alex Ferguson. Surely it was Sir Alex and not a dead man that poured the most cold water on Scotland telling everyone it was a diddy job that he would think about when he was toothless with no ambition and looking for a wee hobby.

The anti-Scotland bile that is in the media is due in no small part to the very two f"kwits you site as being Scotland's salvation. :rolleyes: Take what these twisted f'ks say with a pinch of salt. Scotland's results have been inconsistent but lets we honest we have never taken qualification by storm. Confidence does not come from journalists it comes from supporters and results. A good turn out at Hampden and a positive result could see us well on the way, followed up by 3 points in Lithuania. Anyone that says they couldn't care about what happens to the national side is either a twisted green bigot or similar but self-styled deviant.

Any player that bothers their @rse to answer the cal up to Scotland deserves our full support. What turns me off is the boo-boys such as those that wrecked McAllisters Scotland career. And let's face it they were supported and wound up by the Scottish media. Lambert is suffering the same fate currently.

Guest mabozza ricci

On the Sir Alex issue, he quite blatantly said if you remember correctly he would NEVER work under the SFA. i would like to know who out of those two you would trust with the team's affairs? As for McNee and Traynor, their abuse is no worse than what i have evr said previously about managers or players when they havent turned it on, and should think that there are others who back me up on it. They both hark for the days when we were a proud footballing nation who didnt give a f*ck who anyone were we'd go out and make damn bloody sure they didnt leave Hampden with anything without a good fight. If theres something wrong in that then i'm as much of an arsehole as them, because im bloody sick of seeing us like this pathetic wee diddy team running scared of Iceland, for christs sake. Is this why our forefathers fought for this small but opressed land? So we could be laughed at and humiliated by the very neighbours who once were envious of us, and our abilities to take the world and make it better? I appreciate that at a time like this a rant like this one may seem a bit insensitive but i don't care, im making my point here and now. Im proud to be scottish, and i want to see eleven men (maybe 14) displaying a sporting reason why i should be, at the same time while those who defend our country are doing similar in other parts of the world for more humanitarian reasons. Now do you want us to continue being flops, Sid?

Is this why our forefathers fought for this small but opressed land?

at the same time while those who defend our country are doing similar in other parts of the world for more humanitarian reasons.

Now do you want us to continue being flops, Sid?

Glaswegians actually in the main fought for the English unless you are talking about fighting as British soldiers as you closing nonsense suggests. Are you therefore saying that a British Football team is the way forward? :wacko:

On the closing point, where have I said I want us to be flops. Ranting like a daft wee boy will not win you anything other than this weeks dunces hat.

I suggest you actually read the full thread and understand it before cumming in your nappy. :P

I agree with your sentiment regarding Scotland, however Hampden was hardly an impenatrable fortress at any point in its footballing history. ;)

Guest mabozza ricci

Maybe you dont want us to be flops but you sure as hell seem happy not acheiving f&ck all. As to Britain, Bollocks to Britain. Or are you just taking the pish? You're certainly talking a fair amount of it, ill grant you that.

Maybe you dont want us to be flops but you sure as hell seem happy not acheiving f&ck all. As to Britain, Bollocks to Britain. Or are you just taking the pish? You're certainly talking a fair amount of it, ill grant you that.

When was Scotland a proud footballing nation? What did we achieve exactly? Its pish like that that's demotivating the entire country and it was Ally McLoed nonsense that destroyed Scotland's spirit not Jock Stein or Alex Ferguson or anyone else. However, he was certainly aided by the SFA who jumped on the financial bandwagon as Scots got ripped off by a ridiculous belief that we could actually win in Argentina.

What we have now is supporters who have zero interest in the national team, which is a disgrace. However, the perception of Scotland as a joke team started in '78 and we have never performed well enough or shown a level of support for Scotland since that would have any impact on that perception.

Who is to blame? weak willed fans; the media; the SFA in the main. The greed of fans is also to blame with fans getting a semi over pish from the continent and England and Ireland depriving our own players the opportunity to develop. Its a f'k'n ridiculous scenario where European countries are considered as a breeding ground for Scottish clubs. However, so long as fans get a semi for foriegn mediocre shite and buy season tickets as a result then we only have ourselves to blame. Its time to demand local players are brought into sides as this change needs to be driven by the fans as Euro laws will not allow regulations to limit EU players in sides. And lets not forget its the media that get a hard-on every time a player with an unusual surname shows some promise whilst they couldn't name more than a handful of Scottish talent from the lower divisions.

And try making a f'k'n point if you want to debate with the legend that is St Sid :rolleyes:

Guest mabozza ricci

Dont disagree with anything there at all. But you misheard me- you've been told you're a BELLEND, not a LEGEND. Silly boy.

Dont disagree with anything there at all. But you misheard me- you've been told you're a BELLEND, not a LEGEND. Silly boy.

So basically you are trying to flame a situation with me in your own dimwitted way. Nae luck - Clyde are allies unless you harbour secret desires to be a f'kirk swampy. :1eye

Guest mabozza ricci

Its not that, i have my own dislike of Falkirk but i dont feel the need to let the whole world know it in threads of no concern to Clyde or the Bairnmolesters. Chill.

Its not that, i have my own dislike of Falkirk but i dont feel the need to let the whole world know it in threads of no concern to Clyde or the Bairnmolesters. Chill.

Your just a wee jobby :P And this is the Scotland National Sides Board so f'k off back to the 1st Division Board with yer half-@rsed agenda ya f"kwit. :lol::lol:

Archived