Ryan McGregor

cmonthelie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, cmonthelie said:

Yeah gutted he left Arthurlie not,

I never made the Hurlford game yesterday but from what i heard McGregor was missed. You have this anti Pollok thing going on and it totally blinds you to everything else. I would suggest you should be more concerned about the players at Dunterlie rather than those who have left.  From what i have heard we are paying high wages to these players. I have no problem with that IF they produce performances to match.  However i digress.  

In the future could you please think, if you are indeed capable of such a thing, before posting dross which embarrasses Arthurlie and our fans.?   As much as i dislike Pollok they have done nothing wrong here.   Ryan McGregor was an Arthurlie player for a few years and deserves our respect, not some imbecile starting threads questioning his actions or his ability.  

8 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Looks like McGregor had a chance to go to Pollok but Pollok were not prepared to pay a fee for him..so he bought his own contact. Not the first time and won't be the last.

Clubs can`t have it all ways up. If they aren`t going to play the guy or the manager doesn`t fancy him then why shouldn`t he have the right to buy out his contract and pick his next club? If a rival club comes in then common sense usually goes out the window and the club start putting unreasonable valuations on players (even when they themselves haven`t paid a fee for the player in the first instance) and they effectively end up putting the boy out the game for a period of time The boy on the list at Cambuslang is another example. Selling players at realistic valuations gets clubs cash a whole lot quicker instead of stupid valuations put on players based on nothing more than "he`s our player and we can do what we want"

2 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

Clubs can`t have it all ways up. If they aren`t going to play the guy or the manager doesn`t fancy him then why shouldn`t he have the right to buy out his contract and pick his next club? If a rival club comes in then common sense usually goes out the window and the club start putting unreasonable valuations on players (even when they themselves haven`t paid a fee for the player in the first instance) and they effectively end up putting the boy out the game for a period of time The boy on the list at Cambuslang is another example. Selling players at realistic valuations gets clubs cash a whole lot quicker instead of stupid valuations put on players based on nothing more than "he`s our player and we can do what we want"

McGregor probably asked Arthurlie to release him which they quite rightly refused so he negotiated a settlement. He may be on better wages at Pollok and able to recoup some of his outlay over the length of contract. It also means that Arthurlie can't be accused of selling a player directly to a rival. Everybody wins.

Gormley was released at Kilbirnie as he couldn't get game time now Cambuslang want over the odds for him to leave them not because they need the cash to buy a direct replacement as he can't now get into their team. If McGregor can terminate his contract with a Super League team for a grand , Gormley can't be worth more.

Archived