Brechin vs Pars - Return of the Hedge

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We (the mafia) are deluded if you think we will pick up points soon and I think the general support is fed up with Dodds and his stupid tactics this season and that's going by the moans and groans of yesterdays crowd.

You certainly weren't anywhere near Glebe Park yesterday. The only ones moaning were your mates ( the mafia)
You can't even mention anything that happened. Go back and sulk in a torpedo tube and hopefully one of your shipmates will fire it[emoji23][emoji23]

I've not read the thread in great detail so sorry if some of these points have already been made. 

I thought Brechin were reasonable on Saturday without being spectacular. I felt we weren't in control until it went 2-0 and Orsi and McLennan caused us issues at times, forcing Murdoch into good saves. 

I was surprised with Jackson being out that Layne didn't start or come on as I felt his pace and directness might have made the game a little more stretched, especially with Love on too. 

There isn't a bad squad assembled there - I think Finn Graham and Liam Watt are good midfielders while Willie Dyer, Sean Crighton and Graeme Smith are all players who have played at a higher level within Scottish football so should give a defensive stability over the course of the season. 

I didn't feel we were too great, but we done enough to win. We got a lucky escape early on from a corner before getting our own luck at the third attempt when Ashcroft scored. Williamson was excellent in the second half in particularly and his crosses caused all sorts of trouble for Brechin. Shiels and Wedderburn looked a good pairing again while it was good to get guys such as Ryan and Splaine on the park. 

I think Dods is right to be disappointed Brechin didn't get a goal as Murdoch had to be on top form to keep them out and if they'd scored from that early corner or if they'd drawn the game level with Orsi and McLennan's chances then it might've been a different match. 

If anyone would like to hear the full audio from Dods' post-game presser then you can find it on my website, here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/09/25/brechin-city-manager-darren-dods-post-match-dunfermline-audio/

Wasn't at saturdays game but having just watched the highlights, our defending corners,set pieces or anything where a circular object comes into our box is abysmal,

we had a couple of good openings which on another day would have gone in but if we can't keep the back door shut we won't win games,  we shouldn't have to score 3-4 goals to win games, again happy we had a go

2 more player s is all it would take to keep us up..
I Messi n Xavi [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].
Na seriously though the efforts there just that final pass or reluctance to shoot.Dyer made some great overlaps on Sat but seldom got passed too .

Archived