Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

10 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Picked up my Dundee United save, didn't play well and found myself needing 10 points in 15 games in December to avoid the sack.  I got 9, foiled by a late equalizer by Celtic at Parkhead with my undoing being an atrocious home form.  I was replaced by David Moyes

Anyways I quickly landed on my feet, taking over at Watford who were 18th in the Premier League on 18 points, here was their form when I took over

image.thumb.png.d7b283ad972e76f9f198d29bc93f235f.png

Here were my results

image.png.43b6348a61760937bcd73eed6f48dea9.png

I ended up getting 25 points to finish 14th on 43.  Point 40 was the 2-2 home draw with Arsenal and then my team sort of checked out and I shitfested my way to the end of the season.  I wasn't mathematically safe going into the final game of the season at Brighton.  

I now have to dump a metric fuckton of players, there are a huge number of shite veterans still under contract for a year or two

Good that you kept Watford up,  couple of fine wins against Tottenham and Chelsea.  Hopefully you can get Watford climbing the table in the seasons ahead.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Good that you kept Watford up,  couple of fine wins against Tottenham and Chelsea.  Hopefully you can get Watford climbing the table in the seasons ahead.

The squad is incredibly unbalanced.  I literally had the same number of right backs as midfielders (6) at the end of the season which isn't great when you are playing a 4-1-2-3 and need 3 midfielders but only 1 right back.  I've done some wheeling and dealing already, got left back Guilhelmo Arena from Corinthians, Olivier Ntcham from Celtic, Fraser Forster from Southampton and I hope to add Chris Smalling as well.  Need to shed a lot of dead weight but it's a start. 

42 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

The squad is incredibly unbalanced.  I literally had the same number of right backs as midfielders (6) at the end of the season which isn't great when you are playing a 4-1-2-3 and need 3 midfielders but only 1 right back.  I've done some wheeling and dealing already, got left back Guilhelmo Arena from Corinthians, Olivier Ntcham from Celtic, Fraser Forster from Southampton and I hope to add Chris Smalling as well.  Need to shed a lot of dead weight but it's a start. 

I assume that Watford would have a decent transfer and wage budget.  I don't recognise the guy from Corinthians but I assume Southampton and Celtic would want a pretty hefty transfer fee for Forster and Ntcham.  I would assume both would also be after a decent size wage including clauses and bonuses.

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Thanks!  Aiming for a top half finish next season

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

I assume that Watford would have a decent transfer and wage budget.  I don't recognise the guy from Corinthians but I assume Southampton and Celtic would want a pretty hefty transfer fee for Forster and Ntcham.  I would assume both would also be after a decent size wage including clauses and bonuses.

I was given 46 million, Forster was 8.5, Arena 9, Smalling 10, Ntcham 19.  Plus I've been able to dump a few players, including 2 right backs  so I am slowly cleaning up the squad. 

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Get that fucking date format sorted. 

That's how we show it in North America

21 minutes ago, patricelad said:

Not to bad I’ve Just started it I’m about to start the betfred cup and I’ve won 2 friendlys out of 2 so going good so far and mark Stewart has been brilliant so far

I have started a Montrose save and have played their opening 2 Betfred cup games.  The first was a 3-0 defeat at ICT which was no shock.  The second a 2-1 win at home to Cowdenbeath after being 1-0 down and a man down at half time.  Cowdenbeath had drawn 2-2 at Dunfermline and lost on pens and drawn 5-5 at home to Livingston also losing on pens, before the game at Links Park.

I have started a Montrose save and have played their opening 2 Betfred cup games.  The first was a 3-0 defeat at ICT which was no shock.  The second a 2-1 win at home to Cowdenbeath after being 1-0 down and a man down at half time.  Cowdenbeath had drawn 2-2 at Dunfermline and lost on pens and drawn 5-5 at home to Livingston also losing on pens, before the game at Links Park.

That’s decent I’ve got Cowdenbeath, Peterhead, Raith Rovers and partick thistle

1 minute ago, patricelad said:

That’s decent I’ve got Cowdenbeath, Peterhead, Raith Rovers and partick thistle

Decent chance of some points from Cowdenbeath, Raith Rovers and Peterhead assuming a full strength line up each game.  Actually 9 points is highly likely I assume Partick will win the group.  Wonder if 9 points would be gold enough for a best runner up spot.

Decent chance of some points from Cowdenbeath, Raith Rovers and Peterhead assuming a full strength line up each game.  Actually 9 points is highly likely I assume Partick will win the group.  Wonder if 9 points would be gold enough for a best runner up spot.

Yeah I hope it is lol I think I can avoid relegation this season

After the August 2020 transfer window, here is my squad.  Still a bit overloaded but good depth at most positions.  Not in this screen are 3 players I am stuck with for now,  a 34 year old Brazilian right back named Jonathan who still has 2 years left on a 27 grand per week deal but is only rated 1.5 star by my assistants and is comfortably the 4th best RB in my side.  Another is 33 year old Striker/attacking midfielder Mauro Zarate who still has another year on his 51 grand per week deal, also rated 1.5 star with the third misfit being 4th string goalie Declan Rudd, he's also got 2 years left on his deal but his wages aren't that high so I am surprised I wasn't able to move him on.  

image.thumb.png.55b06087d76fb4c7ef970056fa87a97c.png

On 27/06/2018 at 00:18, ajwffc said:

Anybody else have problems with fixtures not getting generated? In my 2nd season in Sweden and the league fixtures have not be generated. The only fixtures are for the group stages of the Svenska Cupen(early rounds are at the end of one season then a group stage and final rounds at the start of the next season)

only when i edit something that fucks the numbers of teams

On 01/07/2018 at 21:36, Booker-T said:

only when i edit something that fucks the numbers of teams

I tried editing something back in season 08/09 involving Scottish leagues 1 and 2 and ended up getting a leagues not found error message.  I don't know how as I was not deleting any leagues in any way.  My nephew found it amusing when I told him as I was going to get him to do it for me but did not get chance before he went on holiday.

I got my revenge when I got the editor working, I released all Celtic players and stuck them in league 2 changing the colours to pink and blue.  My nephew was not very amused.  He ended up sticking United in the non -league section in Dundee colours unacceptable that is.

21 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I tried editing something back in season 08/09 involving Scottish leagues 1 and 2 and ended up getting a leagues not found error message.  I don't know how as I was not deleting any leagues in any way.  My nephew found it amusing when I told him as I was going to get him to do it for me but did not get chance before he went on holiday.

I got my revenge when I got the editor working, I released all Celtic players and stuck them in league 2 changing the colours to pink and blue.  My nephew was not very amused.  He ended up sticking United in the non -league section in Dundee colours unacceptable that is.

this explains the animosity between utd and celtic a few years ago

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for a good, interesting challenge and like youth development I highly recommend Partizan Belgrade.  There are some excellent prospects and you get European Football.  I've started a save and have discovered some promising players so far.  I've signed a couple of veterans including Hamit Altintop but am hoping to be able to improve some younger players.  I have a 17 year old winger that has been good so far, two goals in 4 games

Sometimes this game gives you immense satisfaction.  Champions League playoff round with Partizan Belgrade against Red Bull Salzburg.  Lost the first leg at home 2-1 so need to pull something off in Austria.  Got an early goal to tie things on aggregate but am still trailing on away goals, 65th minute I roll the dice and bring on a second striker, it pays off as my sub scored in the 80th minute to send me through to the group stages!

Archived