2 Bets This Evening..

H_B

Two good bets I think this evening...

John Daly to win WGC event - 3/1

Daly has been playing great all three days and isnt afraid to win, even against Tiger (who is 7/4 favourite) A shot clear of Monty and 2 clear of the Tiger and the pack. I think a 2 under 68 will be enough to win and I think he can do it. 3/1 is value IMO.

Pays me £100 for my £25.

American Football double :-

Atlanta v New England (10/11)

Detroit (-1) v Baltimore (10/11)

I think New England will be a good go against team in the next few weeks. The Atlanta line of "pick em" is based in their reputation of last year and the year before. Dangerous to count out a champion team, but I think Atlanta are young enough and hungry enough to win this one.

Baltimore have struggled this season and their defence has looked poor. Thats their only weapon. Detroit have a lot of talent at their disposal and again I think their unfashionable status has resulted in a value spread.

A £25 double will pay me just over £91.

Atlanta lose to a last second field goal and John Daly loses in a play off after missing putts of 4 feet and 2 feet (no really, it was 2 feet) in his last 4 holes.

Thats why bookies are rich and I am not :rolleyes:

Shud've had yer money on the cowboys tonight, i did  :D

what a result!!

707955[/snapback]

Yes, its generally better to say that before the game, rather than after, otherwise some nasty people might accuse you of aftertiming ;)

:lol:  ach who cares what people think, i've got the money so im nae botherd. I'm a cowboys fan and really fancied us to beat the eagles so stuck money on them

708053[/snapback]

Fair enough - I know that not everyone who says they won after the event hasnt! I was going to take the Cowboys on the handicap if my first double had came in - always works out that way!

Its just what stopped me reading the Betfair forums for one.

1) No one ever lost, or if they were losing, they managed to "trade" their way out of it. Lot of bollocks.

2) You were always guaranteed after any event to find a raft of boys who backed the winner for 1,000 of pounds, but just forgot to post it beforehand, conveniently.

Not having a go at you, but I'd introduce a no aftertiming rule on the gambling threads. If you dont post your picks before an event starts, dont post them at all!

I know what you mean, theres been cases on here when people have said after that they've money and you think "aye sure". I would've posted before the games what i had on last night, but NFL betting hasnt been mentioned much before so i didnt think anyone would really take much notice.

Also had a Falcons/Cowboys double which didnt win.

Fancy the Steelers +3 tonight at evens

Guest Insight
Two good bets I think this evening...

John Daly to win WGC event - 3/1

Daly has been playing great all three days and isnt afraid to win, even against Tiger (who is 7/4 favourite) A shot clear of Monty and 2 clear of the Tiger and the pack. I think a 2 under 68 will be enough to win and I think he can do it. 3/1 is value IMO.

Pays me £100 for my £25.

American Football double :-

Atlanta v New England (10/11)

Detroit (-1) v Baltimore (10/11)

I think New England will be a good go against team in the next few weeks. The Atlanta line of "pick em" is based in their reputation of last year and the year before. Dangerous to count out a champion team, but I think Atlanta are young enough and hungry enough to win this one.

Baltimore have struggled this season and their defence has looked poor. Thats their only weapon. Detroit have a lot of talent at their disposal and again I think their unfashionable status has resulted in a value spread.

A £25 double will pay me just over £91.

707686[/snapback]

Think you were fairly unlucky here HB - Vick being a late call off had a major effect on this game with the bookies changing the handicap betting from -2.5 Atlanta to +3 in some cases and massive odds changes in the markets also as a result. Think Vick would have steered Atlanta home.

Good call on Detroit though - i fancied the Ravens for this one with their defence.

As for Daly............the wild thing just blew up!! :rolleyes:

Think you were fairly unlucky here HB - Vick being a late call off had a major effect on this game with the bookies changing the handicap betting from -2.5 Atlanta to +3 in some cases and massive odds changes in the markets also as a result. Think Vick would have steered Atlanta home.

Good call on Detroit though - i fancied the Ravens for this one with their defence.

As for Daly............the wild thing just blew up!! :rolleyes:

708208[/snapback]

Cheers, I saw that line move as well and knew Vick was out, but expected the Atlanta running game to do the damage. In the end Shaub played quite well, but the Pats were worthy winners.

When Daly bogeyed the 17th, missing a 4 foot putt to do so, I knew he would lose. It was just a question of when Tiger took him in the play off. Didnt expect him to 3 putt from 15 feet though nonetheless :lol:

Archived