Cd Burning

Well, it's a strange problem in that I've never heard of it before and I can't think of any reason why it's happening.

I've got twenty-one songs that I want to burn onto CD... it burns it ok but when you go to play it on your CD player you get a sort of 'shhhing' noise from about song 15 onwards. The 'shhhing' noise then gets progressively worse for the next song and so on.

The first ten and a bit songs always record fine... it's from around song 15 that it goes wrong.

Anybody got any ideas?

Well, it's a strange problem in that I've never heard of it before and I can't think of any reason why it's happening.

I've got twenty-one songs that I want to burn onto CD... it burns it ok but when you go to play it on your CD player you get a sort of 'shhhing' noise from about song 15 onwards. The 'shhhing' noise then gets progressively worse for the next song and so on.

The first ten and a bit songs always record fine... it's from around song 15 that it goes wrong.

Anybody got any ideas?

707854[/snapback]

Have you tried durning them again? Were you doing anything else on your PC when you burned them? What source did you burn them from? What type of CDs are you using? Have you used them successfully before?

This sounds like a problem I used to have on an old PC when ripping CDs to MP3 where there would essentially be static in the MP3 at some points through the ripped track. It would only happen very occasionally. I never got to the bottom of it, but to help the situation I used to avoid doing anything else on the PC when ripping to MP3 - perhaps it is a similar problem.

I always leave my laptop by itself when I'm burning the CD... even take out the internet connection. It's so far done it the three times I've tried to burn this particular compilation CD and it's not worked (along with another CD of fifteen songd)... but another CD with sixteen songs on it worked fine. :huh:

I've tried different burn speeds, and it's MP3's going onto an 80 minute CD-R disc... just have to keep on trying I guess. :)

Archived