Scotland Manager

SPLwankwankwank

You're clearly rattled.

I haven't side stepped any issue. Find a post I have made that validates your feeble arguement.

Talking of side stepping however, explain your Roxburgh/Brown shambles remarks based on the evidence of qualification to major tournaments. I bet you try to side step the facts.

Care to comment on Rubby and Bluetooner's posts that make a mockery of your blind faith in Berti and the mess he was making? That is side stepping.

You're making yourself look pretty silly again.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barry Ferguson on the other hand sloped off back to the shitey SPL, what does that tell you about him?  And it shows.  Total lack of ambition.

716447[/snapback]

Barry Ferguson was the best player on the pitch in the San Siro, especially in the second half. So what's your point? Whilst my initial reaction was that he should have stayed in the Premiership, it is only since leaving that he has played well for Scotland - or is that to do with the manager? :rolleyes:

You simply can't deny that Smith has made a vast improvement from Berti - the cold hard facts in terms of points prove it, and even the players themselves say they now want to play for Scotland whereas it was becoming increasingly unpleasant to do so under Berti, hence the call-offs going down... :rolleyes:

Cue another off-topic rant peppered with childish insults. :rolleyes:

Guest Andy walkers chip
You're clearly rattled.

I haven't side stepped any issue.  Find a post I have made that validates your feeble arguement. 

Talking of side stepping however, explain your Roxburgh/Brown shambles remarks based on the evidence of qualification to major tournaments.  I bet you try to side step the facts.

Care to comment on Rubby and Bluetooner's posts that make a mockery of your blind faith in Berti and the mess he was making?  That is side stepping.

716577[/snapback]

Why dont the both of you sort this out on saturday since you follow the same team. tsch couple of bloody weans.

Why dont the both of you sort this out on saturday since you follow the same team.  tsch couple of bloody weans.

716728[/snapback]

:blink:

Are you suggesting I ask for his seat number so we can work it out face to face :lol::lol::lol:

Your tuppence worth is duely noted.

I was very easy on Vogts as I felt Brown had left him in a terrible position and felt a bit sorry for him. It believe it was a far bigger job than he realised on accepting the position.

He tried out many players (as any manager in his position would have been forced to do) and I thought that given time he would find his best team.

Vogts, however, never really found his best team and couldnt adopt a solid formation due to this.

The players didnt perform for him and sometimes looked lost on the pitch.

Calloffs went up and moral went down.

(I still felt sorry for him but realised that his time was up)

I never liked Smith as a manager, due to his allegiance with Rangers, however once he became Scotland manager I thought Id give him a break and see how he would get on.

And although he has made a few strange decisions, he has managed to get the National team to turn the corner and start to play some decent football.

The players look happier under Smith and the results and performances have improved tenfold. The players all seem to know what job they have to do on the pitch and the fans can sense we are headed in the right direction.

While I never really turned on Vogts, sacking him was obviously the correct decision.

I didnt want Smith (I didnt think he was the man for the job) but at the moment hes doing a great job and proving me wrong.

The more he proves me wrong, the happier Ill be.... :D

You're clearly rattled.

I haven't side stepped any issue.  Find a post I have made that validates your feeble arguement. 

Talking of side stepping however, explain your Roxburgh/Brown shambles remarks based on the evidence of qualification to major tournaments.  I bet you try to side step the facts.

Care to comment on Rubby and Bluetooner's posts that make a mockery of your blind faith in Berti and the mess he was making?  That is side stepping.

716577[/snapback]

You've once again side stepped the very issue I pointed out you had :blink:

Roxburgh/Brown shambles. Easy. None of those two introduced any 'youth' into the squad at any given time. They hid behind the classic Scots manager cop out "we need guys with experience". f**k off. The result, we needed someone to come in and start all over again. Berti took the job while others shat it and ran away. All credit to the man.

Rubby? Bluetooners posts - Quote recent games if you want, the squad had all been assembled by then and the best of a bad bunch put together. By Walter? No of course not he just picked up the pieces.

So back to you sidestepper...

Tis you who's looking stupid, as ever.

Barry Ferguson was the best player on the pitch in the San Siro, especially in the second half. So what's your point? Whilst my initial reaction was that he should have stayed in the Premiership, it is only since leaving that he has played well for Scotland - or is that to do with the manager?  :rolleyes:

You simply can't deny that Smith has made a vast improvement from Berti - the cold hard facts in terms of points prove it, and even the players themselves say they now want to play for Scotland whereas it was becoming increasingly unpleasant to do so under Berti, hence the call-offs going down...  :rolleyes:

Cue another off-topic rant peppered with childish insults.  :rolleyes:

716669[/snapback]

Well a Midden fan would get excited by someone who plays square passes and only square passes wouldn't you? Beats the ball straight up in the air you're used to.

Vast improvement? Really? What planet are you on? Players want to play for Scotland? Quite frankly if they don't, much like that huffy p***k Davie Weir, then they can f**k off. Plain and simple, don't want to play for your country then get to f**k. I heard the passion in Christian Daillys voice in the classic "Cheats, fuckin cheats" broadcast now that's a player that WANTS to play for his country not one who runs away when he gets rightly criticised!!!

Unpleasant? Yeah it must be really unpleasant to go business class to a fine hotel and represent your country in the game you love, you just don't have a clue.

Queue rant. Come back when you're taking in the bigger picture wee man and not just quoting what you read in The Sun or Daily Record. Or is it both you read in the white van you get picked up in each morning? :blink:

Avoiding the facts once again :rolleyes:

Picking up on spelling mistakes :rolleyes:

Assumptions made on both intelligence and occupations :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work :)

717541[/snapback]

Ran out of reasonable argument? No wonder I check your spelling it's the only worthwhile excercise when reading your posts. :lol:

Guest Batfink
Ran out of reasonable argument?  No wonder I check your spelling it's the only worthwhile excercise when reading your posts.  :lol:

717551[/snapback]

Let it go mate. You are clearly emotional when it comes to the current Scotland set up and you keep leaving yourself open to wind ups. If you post rationally and stop changing the subject they will eventually leave you alone.

I think they only want to wind you up and you should stop giving them ammunition.

For what it is worth I think Smith has done a remarkable job, given his easy ride at Rangers and poor job at Everton. As long as we continue to move in the right direction I'm happy.....and I read the Scotsman :)

For what it is worth I think Smith has done a remarkable job, given his easy ride at Rangers and poor job at Everton. As long as we continue to move in the right direction I'm happy.....and I read the Scotsman 

I think he's done a reasonable job with a squad prepared in the gradual manner it was meant to be by someone else. Oh and I also read the Scotsman, did you see the tits on page 3 today? :D

Well a Midden fan would get excited by someone who plays square passes and only square passes wouldn't you?  Beats the ball straight up in the air you're used to.

Vast improvement?  Really?  What planet are you on?  Players want to play for Scotland?  Quite frankly if they don't, much like that huffy p***k Davie Weir, then they can f**k off.  Plain and simple, don't want to play for your country then get to f**k.  I heard the passion in Christian Daillys voice in the classic "Cheats, fuckin cheats" broadcast now that's a player that WANTS to play for his country not one who runs away when he gets rightly criticised!!!

Unpleasant?  Yeah it must be really unpleasant to go business class to a fine hotel and represent your country in the game you love, you just don't have a clue.

Queue rant.  Come back when you're taking in the bigger picture wee man and not just quoting what you read in The Sun or Daily Record.  Or is it both you read in the white van you get picked up in each morning?  :blink:

717405[/snapback]

:lol::lol::rolleyes:

As predicted, childish insults as usual.

I'm in Strasbourg studying law - the best univeristy in Europe for European law. I'm also lucky enough to be a stagiaire at the European parliament. Come again with the Daily Record/white van pish?! :blink: You just repeat the same pish over and over again, it's sad really. How many times have you told me I read the Record/Sun? It's getting ridiculous. Maybe buy a dictionary some day soon?

Christian Dailly has said how much more pleasant it is to play for Scotland now, but then you'll just keep ignoring the facts. And if you couldn't see how well Ferguson played in the San Siro, well you're even more of a close-minded bigot than I thought. :rolleyes:

Let it go mate.  You are clearly emotional when it comes to the current Scotland set up and you keep leaving yourself open to wind ups.  If you post rationally and stop changing the subject they will eventually leave you alone.

I think they only want to wind you up and you should stop giving them ammunition.

For what it is worth I think Smith has done a remarkable job, given his easy ride at Rangers and poor job at Everton.  As long as we continue to move in the right direction I'm happy.....and I read the Scotsman :)

717608[/snapback]

Hmmm... on drugs or merely an alias...? :rolleyes::lol:

Side step once more.  Do you take line dancing classes?

719588[/snapback]

Just exactly what do you want me to comment on? I can't see any relevent issues in your endless drivel. The topic you started was about Alex Ferguson as a possible target for the unavailable Scotland job. You seem to want to drag me into your usual but highly entertaining childish pish.

If you insist on defending Berti in every Scotland thread started then at least respond to the evidence that shows him up as a shambles before going on the offensive :rolleyes:

Just exactly what do you want me to comment on?  I can't see any relevent issues in your endless drivel.  The topic you started was about Alex Ferguson as a possible target for the unavailable Scotland job.  You seem to want to drag me into your usual but highly entertaining childish pish.

If you insist on defending Berti in every Scotland thread started then at least respond to the evidence that shows him up as a shambles before going on the offensive :rolleyes:

719925[/snapback]

You mean the evidence that shows he built the current squad that everyone's getting so excited about?

National squads build themselves through retirements and injuries. You can't do as Berti did and say "It's time to give other guys a wee shot, I don't care if they play in the English 1st division, they might be good enough". Especially if you then play them out of position, then criticise or indefinately drop them for under-performing as with Colin Cameron. What did he do that merited the end of his Scotland career? Get humped by France 5-0. The same goes for Neil Sullivan. I'm really glad he didn't play against Holland or we would have been thrashed :blink:

You seem to be under the impression that Smith would never play anyone who had been capped first by Berti - this is a daft premise seeing as Berti capped about 74 players in his time. We never have 74 international level players. I know he wanted to see what was out there but surely he can see if a player of Scott Murty's quality is up to it.

If Berti's remit was to start from scratch then the SFA should have publicly stated that the Euro and World Cups were a write off. They didn't and idiots like you who demand impossible success have a field day. Berti half heartedly rebuilt the squad and halfheartedly tried to qualify twice without success. You contradict yourself when you lambast Smith for failing to have a go in Belarus. What did Berti do in countless games prior to his sacking?

Strachan would never have taken the job and I'm now glad he didn't but he did have the right idea about what was needed. A 10 year contract and complete control over all national squads, overseeing schoolboys right up to the full squad. Do what France successfully did and write off the next two tournaments.

As it happens, Berti did just that, but with no end result.

It's not Berti's squad, it's Smith's. For a start, Berti's scapegoat Davie Weir has come back into the fold and proved Vogts completely wrong. McFadden is benched at the moment which is the best decision at this time, Vogts would never do this. I should point out that you were demanding Lee Miller and Riordan's inclusion in the squad (and a starting place as well). Who picked them for the first time? He has finally made a firm decision regarding the goalkeeper position (and after mistakes made in a friendly to boot, not an important qualifier) and seems to know how to utilise our better English based players ie McCulloch in, Holt out. :rolleyes: He is prone to the odd rash decision eg picking Steven Thompson and Neil McCann but given the results and their limited appearances so far I'm willing to forgive him :)

What counts is how the manager uses the players available to him. This is why Berti is out of a job and Smith's Scotland are on the up.

If you get your kicks starting hypothetical threads so be it, you can't handle talking about the real world as you have so eloquently proven. Feel free to come back to me with silly personal assumptions and daft name calling :rolleyes:

Let's start with this

National squads build themselves through retirements and injuries.
:lol: Enough said there.

Next. What did Colin Cameron do that merited being dropped. Eh, be shite like the others that deserved to be binned once they were found out.

Quoting the France game, ah yes the Red Top readers favourite quote. We were starting out in a new era and if anything it's the SFAs fault for lining the match up. Talk about running before you could walk. It was a friendly you idiot. :rolleyes:

We never have 74 international level players.
No we don't and we still don't, is that his fault. Can you fault the guy for going looking instead of sticking with Neil McCann. Or maybe you'd have liked him to stick with Don Hutchison as well? :rolleyes:

His remit was to start from scratch, sorry the tabloids must have failed to point that out to you.

Do what France successfully did and write off the next two tournaments.

Clearly you and your tabloid chums weren't prepared to let him do that as you were calling for his head after the France and Wales games, both friendlies and both meant to try more players and different formations as part of the 'long term' strategy.
It's not Berti's squad, it's Smith's. For a start, Berti's scapegoat Davie Weir
That just sums you up. Of course it's his, Smith walked straight in and picked up a squad that was formed over his reign. Davie Weir a scapegoat. That also sums you up. WATCH THE FAROES MATCH AGAIN. PHONE THE BBC, GET THE FOOTAGE AND WATCH IT. DAVIE WEIR IS TO BLAME FOR THEIR GOALS AND DESERVED TO BE HUNG NEVER MIND CRITICISED. What does he do next? Run to Mummy and Daddy and cry. f**k Davie Weir and f**k any other player who would sooner take a huff than pull that jersey on. You are a moron for defending him.

Perhaps the first bit of sense ever to come from you.

What counts is how the manager uses the players available to him. This is why Berti is out of a job and Smith's Scotland are on the up.

If anything Vogts was to offensive when he had just put those players together. Smith came in and played more defensively and it worked. He had also been found wanting in qualifiers and even the recent friendly when he was TOO defensive. He's even admitted to leaving Miller on his own too often.

There you go tabloid man, that's the real world. See if you can handle it.

Archived