East of Scotland semi finals

Dinsey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dinky1888 said:

Pennies we’re brutal the night so bad the so called star Mann Chucky f**k me was bad his own strikers were even saying long ball no working as that is all he done worst player oan the park 

Yeah they werent decent, we knew that after they lost to Bridgewater.  Some size of pitch..

Typical Semi Final tonight, both teams cancelled each other out 1st half. Game changed when SB brought the big striker on at HT. Thought St Bernards were the better side and deserved the victory.

Very disappointed with Pennies, didnt have a plan B and caused the SB backline very few problems. Cant remember a dominant spell of pressure from Pennies and in the end went out with a whimper.

Well done to St Bernards, will fancy there chances now.

St Bernard's deserved winners. Totally done a number on Pennies with regards to tactics and formation.
Agree, 1st half stale mate. Pennies came out slightly better after half time but St Bernard's soaked it up and then boom. No response from Pennies as they were already in their usual attacking formation. Poor as I genuinely think they have the players to do better.
Well played St Bernard's. Celebrated it with class [emoji106]

1 hour ago, TNW said:

Yeah they werent decent, we knew that after they lost to Bridgewater.  Some size of pitch..

Pitch is massive and a really expected a pennies we tonight were never in game never tested keeper once really poor 

What a night for us! First half was a stalemate with both teams trying to feel their way into the game. 

At half time we were confident because we hadn’t even begun to play our game. Brung on the big man at half time to let us get Up the park and he changed the game. 

We restriced Pennies to very little and not many teams will keep a clean sheet against them but felt we got it spot on tonight and deserved the win. Both teams probably miles off their best in an edgy semi final but we could have won it by 3 or 4 in the end. 

Only a semi final though and we are aware that a lot of people now make us favourites but we also know we can play so much better than that.

6 hours ago, Dinsey said:

What a night for us! First half was a stalemate with both teams trying to feel their way into the game. 

At half time we were confident because we hadn’t even begun to play our game. Brung on the big man at half time to let us get Up the park and he changed the game. 

We restriced Pennies to very little and not many teams will keep a clean sheet against them but felt we got it spot on tonight and deserved the win. Both teams probably miles off their best in an edgy semi final but we could have won it by 3 or 4 in the end. 

Only a semi final though and we are aware that a lot of people now make us favourites but we also know we can play so much better than that.

Well played!! Thought your substitutions were all timed well and they all played there part when they came on. 

Now that ur there who do u fancy in the final?

47 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Well played!! Thought your substitutions were all timed well and they all played there part when they came on. 

Now that ur there who do u fancy in the final?

Old cliche of it will be a hard game whoever goes through. I actually seen Stenny earlier in the competition and they’re a very good side, don’t know much about Fallin but from what i gather they’ve got a cracking young side.

I will be taking in next weeks semi final with interest. 

Well done 2 st bernards who where the better team on the nite. Very impressed with there defenders all of them are different class. Pennies don’t look a good team especially 1 that has been put together with money.

good luck to st bernards in the final. If sandys win Saturday could we get leafa team winning east and Scottish

Nerves and the big park was the two major factors on tue night both teams struggled all night, saints just getting the goals when it mattered pennies not at the races second half imo and saints cantered to the win

the other semi finalists will be liking the fact it’s saints in the final tho 

40 minutes ago, Go pro said:

Nerves and the big park was the two major factors on tue night both teams struggled all night, saints just getting the goals when it mattered pennies not at the races second half imo and saints cantered to the win

the other semi finalists will be liking the fact it’s saints in the final tho 

I’d agree with some of that, definitely a nervy first half with neither team wanting to make the first mistake. 

A lot of people saying Pennies never showed up, we too were miles off our best but still soaked up everything Pennies threw at us and they ran out of ideas. We coped comfortably and then had more quality to bring on and change the game. 

I don’t know if the other teams will be liking the fact we are in the final, but I know we like the fact we are in the final!

Good luck to Fallin tomorrow night, good young team and deserve a lot of credit for the way they play. It will be a tough game but I hope Fallin will just squeeze through the tie.

St Bernards v Fallin in the final then. Probably not what most would have predicted but both finalist's more than deserving of there place.

Both teams will fancy there chances, St Bernards , well organised and dogged at the back with a threat goin forward against a young , fit and dangerous attacking team in Fallin. 

Should be a good watch in the Final. 

27 minutes ago, Redondo said:

St Bernards v Fallin in the final then. Probably not what most would have predicted but both finalist's more than deserving of there place.

Both teams will fancy there chances, St Bernards , well organised and dogged at the back with a threat goin forward against a young , fit and dangerous attacking team in Fallin. 

Should be a good watch in the Final. 

Fair assessment mate. Both sides not been anyone’s choices but both there on merit. 

Game is set up to be a cracker and we look forward to it.

Archived