DC's Krypton

King Kebab

image.jpeg.c7d01c50aa467f33f6ef33a64ddef114.jpeg

Started last night and available through the usual nefarious mean!!!

"The series takes place on the titular planet, approximately 200 years before the birth of Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman and eventual destruction of the planet, focusing on his grandfather, Seg-El. Krypton premiered on March 21, 2018, and will consist of ten episodes."

"Krypton will follow Superman's grandfather, Seg-El, whose family, the House of El, has been ostracized and shamed. Seg-El fights to redeem his family's honor and save his beloved world from chaos."

Seems quite interesting and also features Ian McElhinney (Ser Barristan Selmy from Got) as Superman's Great-Great-Grandfather Val-El who apparently is sumboi!!!

Should be quite good and it also features the proper debut of Superman's 2nd greatest foe Brainiac, which I'm quite excited about and judging by the pictures they've quite correctly gone for the original look, which can only be good and also means that no doubt Kandor is going to be fucked in the near future, going to watch tonight and I'll let you know!!!

636547749508857921-Brainiac-1.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually quite enjoyed that, Seg-El, the lead character funnily enough took a bit of getting used to, I get that Kryptonians all speak English with a "received pronunciation" twang but Seg sounds like he's auditioning for Green Street and his liking for the odd ruck in the boozers he frequents would see him get it. It is in keeping with the new DCEU version of Krypton that has been seen on screen so far from The Man of Steel on and fits in very well, at the moment it's all about showing us the caste based ruling system of Krypton and it's governance by the various guilds, it's also showing the corruptness of that society as well, there's a lot of class struggle going on. So it's not just a bash em up catch the villain series there's a lot of world building also, so it all bodes well!!!

It's only 10 episodes long so it shouldn't be too strung out with filler episodes, so the sooner it gets to all the Brainiac shenanigans it should be flying, and obviously as it takes place ON Krypton there'll be no Superpowers for the protagonists!!!

Good start, will watch again!!!

• 4 months later...

I know you've all been waiting for this, we'll wait no more it starts here on Sunday at 9pm on E4!!!
Keep with it, it's good and really kicks on when you finally get Brainiac appearing!!![emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Archived